General Category > Nostalgia

Classic New York Racing Part Two featuring Tarport Hap and Silk Stockings

<< < (4/4)

Meadow Ford:
One reason maybe that there are more big races for just mares now then there was years ago.
I know that is why at SP. Park Misty Raquel had to race in the FFA against Rambling Willie. There just wasn't many FFAs for mares.

The Thorn:
Definitely a large part of it.  The last race of the year for a while now is the TVG and if the mares didn't have their own maybe someone like Shartin would have tried.

mikeyo:

--- Quote from: Meadow Ford on September 03, 2023, 05:10:36 PM ---One reason maybe that there are more big races for just mares now then there was years ago.
I know that is why at SP. Park Misty Raquel had to race in the FFA against Rambling Willie. There just wasn't many FFAs for mares.

--- End quote ---

That's true. Handle With Care raced in FFA events. More often than not, she beat the boys. I remember one race in
particular, against Young Quinn, where she won at 1 1/4 miles. (YR or RR)

April's Skipper won a couple of legs of the Presidential FFA Series. (BigM)

old guy:
Handle With Care

Generation XYZ:

--- Quote from: The Thorn on September 03, 2023, 06:11:56 PM ---Definitely a large part of it.  The last race of the year for a while now is the TVG and if the mares didn't have their own maybe someone like Shartin would have tried.

--- End quote ---

As much as it pains me to say this. I agree with The Thorn on this one. I feel so dirty now...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version