Author Topic: Change Harness Racing Forever  (Read 6868 times)

thedoctor

• NW-1
Change Harness Racing Forever
« on: March 20, 2022, 10:08:05 AM »
Everyone agrees something has to change in order for this sport to survive.  I have a novel idea that should change things for the better of the breed.

Get rid of hobbles both trotting hobbles and pacing hobbles.

It will most definitely slow things up in the long run allow horses to stay sounder.   Lame horses would not be able to compete with help of the hobbles and real horsemen and women would have to shoe their horses correctly in order to  compete at higher levels.

Would make for much more exciting races with multiple lead changes etc.   

Bernie Madoff

• Elite
  • In the beginning, man created"god".
Re: Change Harness Racing Forever
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2022, 10:12:54 AM »
Should have new fans flocking to the windows.
He who laughs last, laughs best.

silent one

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2022, 10:38:07 AM »
Everyone agrees something has to change in order for this sport to survive.  I have a novel idea that should change things for the better of the breed.

It will most definitely slow things up in the long run allow horses to stay sounder.   Lame horses would not be able to compete with help of the hobbles and real horsemen and women would have to shoe their horses correctly in order to  compete at higher levels.

Here is another "novel idea" that would definitely improve the so-called sport. Death penalty for horse dopers and race fixers. Judgements could be carried out by the highest bidder, and the money they bid can go to charities. A win-win scenario.

Sincerely, Silent One

COUNSELOR

• Top Claimer
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2022, 11:04:09 AM »
IS UGGESTED YEARS AGO TO HAVE HE DRIVERS HANDICAPPED AND CHOSEN AT POST TIME.  IN HARNESS, DRIVERS ARE AS IMPORTANT AS THE HORSES THEY DRIVE.  PLUS MAKES A CLEANER RACE.

5 MINUTES BEFORE POST THE HORSES AND ALL DRIVES ARE PICKED VIA A COMPUTER PROGRAM.   THIS WILL CREATE PAYOFFS AS A LOTTERY.  FURTHER,THE DRIVERS WILL BE HNDICAPPED BY BETTORS.  RIGHT NOW THIS IS MUNDANE AND BORING.   THE DRIVERS ARE THE VARIABLES IN MANY RACES CREATING BORING LOW PAYOFFS.

THIS WILL WORK AND GENERATE INTEREST.  MORE IMPORTANTLY LARGE PAYOFFS!!!!  THIS WILL ATTRACT BETTORS AND WE COULD EVEN HAVE A LOTTERY DAILY NATIONWIDE.

MANY WILL LAUGH BUT I CAN ASSURE YOU THI WILL WORK.

caddy

• Stakes Horse
  • vienerschnitzel
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2022, 12:26:37 PM »
IS UGGESTED YEARS AGO TO HAVE HE DRIVERS HANDICAPPED AND CHOSEN AT POST TIME.  IN HARNESS, DRIVERS ARE AS IMPORTANT AS THE HORSES THEY DRIVE.  PLUS MAKES A CLEANER RACE.

5 MINUTES BEFORE POST THE HORSES AND ALL DRIVES ARE PICKED VIA A COMPUTER PROGRAM.   THIS WILL CREATE PAYOFFS AS A LOTTERY.  FURTHER,THE DRIVERS WILL BE HNDICAPPED BY BETTORS.  RIGHT NOW THIS IS MUNDANE AND BORING.   THE DRIVERS ARE THE VARIABLES IN MANY RACES CREATING BORING LOW PAYOFFS.

THIS WILL WORK AND GENERATE INTEREST.  MORE IMPORTANTLY LARGE PAYOFFS!!!!  THIS WILL ATTRACT BETTORS AND WE COULD EVEN HAVE A LOTTERY DAILY NATIONWIDE.

MANY WILL LAUGH BUT I CAN ASSURE YOU THI WILL WORK.

an interesting thought for certain.  Sadly, this sport is directed by a posse of insider good old boys that insist on running it like it's 1959.  That's the way we've always done it is the mantra that will sink this sport.  The annually elected officers and committee chairs don't understand tech, for that matter - I'm not super smart on it; but, on that account, they bristle at a mere suggestion involving it.  This sport better embrace software to enhance the product and regulate it to a new millenium from the farm fields before it's too late.

COUNSELOR:  I love this idea ... BUT, any idea that promotes  a  more competitive setting is rejected instantly by the top of the board people that control the system.

Calhoun

• Elite
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2022, 01:48:33 PM »

If you are over 75 years old, you don't get to make suggestions.

Except for what color jello you'd like at dinner.

Mr.Turnpike

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2022, 02:57:41 PM »
Here’s idea only driver that wins race gets paid

PIGLAND

• Living Legend
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2022, 09:52:06 PM »
i suggest drivers not allowed to have breakfest together

seriously

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2022, 10:19:39 PM »
It seems like most of you are pointed in the right direction

Driver

Try another solution, it is quite obvious and simple and would change the game drastically.

Jazzman

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2022, 10:48:50 PM »
limit number of drives to half the card break up the click give more drivers a chance. drivers wouldnt lose that much they would choose the livest mounts and give up the rest

mwins

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2022, 08:54:03 AM »
I guess we will do away with Pick 4s and 5s.

Serious gamblers aren,t betting on these with no clue as to who is driving their horses.

Draw drivers 5 mins to post? Meadowlands and Mohawk have unreasonable lag times now. Imagine what they would be like under this scenario lmao.

chief yogi

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2022, 02:12:07 PM »
i would not bet much on anything without knowing who is driving. dd,pick3,4,5,6 whatever i would stop playing.

Brkn Headpole

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2022, 07:10:11 AM »
Here is another "novel idea" that would definitely improve the so-called sport. Death penalty for horse dopers and race fixers. Judgements could be carried out by the highest bidder, and the money they bid can go to charities. A win-win scenario.

Sincerely, Silent One

Move all racing to South Carolina, they just reinstated the death penalty by firing squad.

Emperor Dapple

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2022, 07:50:11 AM »
i suggest drivers not allowed to have breakfest together

Breakfast at track kitchen was always my favorite part of the day

Superfecta

• Elite
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2022, 08:12:30 AM »
Breakfast at track kitchen was always my favorite part of the day

Breakfast with John Gilmour and Dave Marshall was always at The Round Robin at 6:30 AM.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Frank the Zipper: Noxema gives me a soothing rush
    May 12, 2024, 01:08:57 PM
  • SwankToliverA: Wouldn't know, never had a need for it
    May 12, 2024, 12:12:11 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Yes it still offers that same cool sensation.
    May 12, 2024, 09:49:40 AM
  • SwankToliverA: Rooster- ppl still use Noxzema?
    May 11, 2024, 03:34:17 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Nothing a cold hand an Noxema can't cure.
    May 09, 2024, 09:11:36 PM
  • Indian24: Damn those sound just like sun blisters my bad good thing
    May 07, 2024, 03:59:33 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: They keep popping and my backs getting wet.
    May 07, 2024, 09:38:10 AM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Oh the agony of these little pustules
    May 07, 2024, 09:09:09 AM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal