Author Topic: Does The Tri At Yonkers 2nd Race Seem Like A Low Payout ?  (Read 4621 times)

Calhoun

• Elite
Re: Does The Tri At Yonkers 2nd Race Seem Like A Low Payout ?
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2021, 11:45:04 AM »
How much money was in the trifecta pool? If this was at The Meadowlands it would be an issue, but do they get more than 10-12k at Yonkers in the tri's? At 10k its only 4 winning $2 tickets.........
Pool was $5,953.  It paid $892 for $1.  That's 5 winning $1 wagers.

Meanwhile, the Daily Double paid $130 for $1.  A win parlay would have been about $62 for $1. 

Just another garbage pool race

HornbyDuke

• Elite
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2021, 01:23:19 PM »
Could be guys. Frankly that was always understood. Or could be more to it than some  clown getting lucky. Just because pool small doesn't mean not on screw.

I didn't bet race. I make less than handful of win bets total a yr at Yonkers. And don't see race live. I did just watch replay. Still looks funky to me but who ever knows.

8 gets the top easily.  567 arent even up on gate to his inside. 4 (3rd fav) gets parked from go. Buter (1) refuses  to allow courtesy tuck to 4. At half 4 refuses easy hole. No one challenges $100 winner until final turn. Wouldn't a driver on a 1/2 mile think I'm going to stuck in back of this no chance cow (8)?

Only challenge by 1 to 8 seems halfhearted to me. 3 and 4 stay out of trouble and float by 1 in stretch to get up for 2nd and 3rd. Imo race still looks funky. But a lot of you folks better analysts than me.

Yonkers canceled today. They almost  never ever ever cancel. ngc3

Could be a real serious investigation ongoing.  ngc3 ngc3

HornbyDuke

• Elite
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2021, 01:25:16 PM »
Hey does anybody have program? Be interesting to see if 8 pps had ever exhibited any early speed or if the three horses to his immediate inside had a pp reason for lagging the gate a little.

Calhoun

• Elite
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2021, 01:50:02 PM »
Will any investigation include why the Double paid $130 for $1 ... instead of the parlay price of $62?

Maybe those drivers bet a ton on the Double? 

Isn't it harder to fix a trifecta?

makingit

• Open / FFA
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2021, 02:02:24 PM »
Maybe the race caller had it right when he said at the finish  "THIS IS A HEAD SCRATCHER"  !

HornbyDuke

• Elite
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2021, 02:09:03 PM »
This will be thorough investigation.  ngc3

The double will not be included though.  And yes it would seem triple is more difficult to arrange than double. ngc3

Double didn't seem odd to me. Usually a $100 horse with chalk favorite in other half  pays a little better than parlay. So double price seemed a tad more generous than i might expect but not motable.

I'm not entirely in tune to race fixing strategy. Sometimes it's better to not be too greedy and draw attention to yourself. I've long been of the mind that was was brought down lou pena. If he kept his winning % to a healthy 15 percent he'd still be a named trainer racing at Yonkers. Imho he forced Yonkers to go after him full bore.

A double fix would more obvious and arouse more angst. I will note, in support of your view that this was just a fluke outcome that occurs occasionally when 100s of races are run daily, that the 8 took no $ in the win pool at the exact start.  Win odds close to doubled off last flash.

Bernie Madoff

• Elite
  • In the beginning, man created"god".
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2021, 03:18:18 PM »
Will any investigation include why the Double paid $130 for $1 ... instead of the parlay price of $62?

Maybe those drivers bet a ton on the Double? 

Isn't it harder to fix a trifecta?

No matter what the paranoid schizophrenics here think, it is difficult to "fix" any race.
He who laughs last, laughs best.

Calhoun

• Elite
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2021, 03:26:19 PM »

No matter what the paranoid schizophrenics here think, it is difficult to "fix" any race.
they think 5-6 guys go dead for a $15,000 purse so they can split $892 eight ways.  tmbz1

HornbyDuke

• Elite
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2021, 03:51:32 PM »

You scalawigs are all out to get us! We know.

FirstUpFrom8Hole

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2021, 04:49:07 PM »
I agree that it looked bad. Its one thing to nail your horse to the wood and give him a dead steer. But for 5 or 6 guys to get together and set up a race for a few hundred is an extremely risky proposition. They ain't cars. Most of us can't even set up a training mile to finish the way we want.

HornbyDuke

• Elite
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2021, 05:10:12 PM »
I agree that it looked bad. Its one thing to nail your horse to the wood and give him a dead steer. But for 5 or 6 guys to get together and set up a race for a few hundred is an extremely risky proposition. They ain't cars. Most of us can't even set up a training mile to finish the way we want.

Fair enough! 8 going to top is easy move but beyond that more complicated. tmbz1

HornbyDuke

• Elite
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2021, 05:42:32 PM »

they think 5-6 guys go dead for a $15,000 purse so they can split $892 eight ways.  tmbz1
[/quote]

What is winning share of 15000 k purse for driver. Isn't it around $500 taxable?

makingit

• Open / FFA
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2021, 05:56:08 PM »
I know for a fact that a trainer/owner was set up to win a race (Purse about $2500) so he could catch up on his truck and trailer payments because they were going to repossess them. He was behind about three months in payments and the $1250 did the trick. The guys in the race liked him and felt sorry for him. Believe it or not I do not think anything was hanky panky betting wise. Who knows? About 25 years ago at Monticello. I couldn't believe it being new to the game. This and another different experience made me get out of the business as an owner. Not worth it. But it was fun while I thought everything was on the up and up. Sad.  I would believe anything these days. I have seen just about everything there is to see. I think I have lived too long. Everything going to pot!

drugless

« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2021, 07:39:22 PM »
The odds r on win money has nothing to do with tri start looking at the the tri pool

Brown jug

• Elite
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2021, 08:41:41 PM »
they dont really need to fix the whole race
perhaps they just had the 8 ready and decided to go for it and played him on top of som e triactors
all the other actions of drivers is always hard to figure
at best maybe a driver on one of the top choices helps but burying on the rail

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ, puttin Palestinians in their place.
    April 30, 2024, 09:25:33 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: The Original WIZ was the best.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:44 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Jerry is the new WIZ at the Ohio tracks.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:23 PM
  • Unclejerry: See you live opening night at Scioto Downs May 8, Live Bets and real gambling
    April 27, 2024, 10:03:40 PM
  • Unclejerry: Egg on my face $22.20
    April 27, 2024, 09:35:17 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's your boob in race 6 waiting on price
    April 27, 2024, 09:32:14 PM
  • Unclejerry: Race 5 bet has been posted
    April 27, 2024, 08:58:28 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's going to be a price in Jerry's Thread Tonight !!!
    April 27, 2024, 08:49:13 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal