Author Topic: anthony just keeps robbing his owners  (Read 67528 times)

Kole Hanover

• Open / FFA
Re: anthony just keeps robbing his owners
« Reply #105 on: September 19, 2019, 08:57:41 AM »

Anthony should concentrate on training full time, he can't drive a lick

pickfourny

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #106 on: September 19, 2019, 08:58:18 AM »
This thread reminds me of the hardships of being a naive owner with high hopes, hanging on every word that your trainer tells you of the potential of your horse. In a very early experience I had as an owner about 15 years ago, my friends and I were lucky (so we thought) to get involved with a very fast decently bred 2-year old trotter, a PA bred. 2nd in his first lifetime start, then came from clouds to win his 2nd start, thereafter won an overnight at Lexington, before he was shut down in favor of his 3-year old campaign.  Trained down the following March like a giant, upon which Mike Lachance said to me one morning at Showplace that we had a legit PA sire stake horse, if not a top tier trotter (** ML was not the trainer, rather was schooling the horse for the trainer). Couldn't have been more stoked.  Unfortunately the horse was giant before 11 AM, and was a habitual breaker when it mattered.  But fast as hell!  On the recommendation of our trainer (who wound up having an incredible year with several champions) we moved him to a local PA trainer/driver, supposedly good with trotters. He did   seem to get him a little better, and in May PA sire stake start, he came a decent 2nd. As we had him already staked to the Goodtimes, the trainer said we should send him, and I asked to whom?  He said with me of course, I'm the only one that can drive him, you pay travel and lodging. Foolishly we agreed.  As it was, he was leading his elimination heat (mid stretch by 4 lengths) at huge odds, but broke unprovoked, and didn't qualify for the final. The trainer/driver said he stepped on a shoe, but truthfully I watched that replay no less than 100 times, there was no shoe, all bullshit, as simply the trainer/driver over drove the horse when all he had to do was qualify for the final.

A week later he wins an overnight at Pocono, but more breaks followed the rest of the summer.  Finally the trainer says to me around Hambo time, "Listen your trotter isn't much, can't get around a track, but I know someone who offered me $8k, but I think I can get you $10k, and I think you should take it, what do you think?"  Instinctively I knew he was trying to roll us (the horse was still a stud by the way, and naturally fast), told him that he was out of his mind, and immediately we pulled the horse from him on the spot.  A week following I was contacted by some agent for a Swedish concern asking if we were interested in selling the horse. I did the math and knew we had about $69,000 into this horse from the start (purchase price, training, stake payments, etc, against nominal earnings), and said sure he's for sale, for $70,000.  Agent said fine, we sold him for $70k, and basically broke even on him when all was said and done.  In retrospect I probably could have gotten more, but at the time was so happy to unload him as the 3-year old season was winding down, and he couldn't stay flat trotting.  More importantly I always suspected that this Agent had contacted my trainer a week or so earlier, but I never took the time to follow up on that. Truthfully I didn't want to know the answer.  We were just happy to get out on this with our clothes still on.

No real point to this story, although the tone of this thread reminded me of this fucked up experience I had with this one trainer, and his particular form of bullshit.  Live and learn; caveat emptor.

PurpleSheetPicks

• Elite
« Reply #107 on: September 19, 2019, 08:58:49 AM »
Mismanagement on a horse by horse basus is incredibly bad
Libero Hanover
Was for sale 2 weeks ago before a race hes was going to get no money in and the bid was 37k.
They decided not to sell.
Horse gets no money.
Now for sale again, probably get 20k less. Plus the 3k to train the horse 2 more weeks and stakes entry fee.
Another 25k less on just this horse in 2 weeks that Anthony costs his owners

Calhoun

• Elite
« Reply #108 on: September 19, 2019, 09:51:15 AM »
Libero Hanover
Was for sale 2 weeks ago before a race hes was going to get no money in and the bid was 37k.
Horse gets no money.
Now for sale again, probably get 20k less. Plus the 3k to train the horse 2 more weeks and stakes entry fee.
You are an asshole.

You've been ragging about this guy for a year.

He's got a huge number of horses; fucking up is going to happen.

He is The Man In The Arena.

Meanwhile you cry when your horse gets beat at Monticello.

You are playing with your Pop's money.

That's all.

Stop acting like you are saving the world.

For fuck's sake.

Fatboy

• Living Legend
« Reply #109 on: September 19, 2019, 11:34:01 AM »
You are an asshole.

That's all.

For fuck's sake.

HOLY COW!!!!

PurpleSheetPicks

• Elite
« Reply #110 on: September 19, 2019, 11:40:21 AM »
You are an asshole.

That's all.

For fuck's sake.

When my stable has turned a six-figure profit for each of the Last 5 Years how is it my pops money

PurpleSheetPicks

• Elite
« Reply #111 on: September 19, 2019, 11:41:28 AM »
Libero Hanover
Horse gets no money.

And I don't race Monticello but I understand why you are jealous and I guarantee you you won't say such things to my face

Fatboy

• Living Legend
« Reply #112 on: September 19, 2019, 11:50:47 AM »
When my stable has turned a six-figure profit for each of the Last 5 Years how is it my pops money

R U RICHER THAN ROCKY?

Calhoun

• Elite
« Reply #113 on: September 19, 2019, 01:29:48 PM »
And I don't race Monticello but I understand why you are jealous and I guarantee you you won't say such things to my face
Freehold, Monticello, what's the difference.

And yes, I'd say anything I want to your pimple-riddled face.

TBH, it's not a good fight for me unless I get a little bloody.

I'll even fuck up your old man too.  Just for kicks.

PurpleSheetPicks

• Elite
« Reply #114 on: September 19, 2019, 01:57:03 PM »
Freehold, Monticello, what's the difference.

And yes, I'd say anything I want to your pimple-riddled face.

TBH, it's not a good fight for me unless I get a little bloody.

I'll even fuck up your old man too.  Just for kicks.

Hes 77 so that would be pretty low for you. But im at chester today and tom and poconos Sunday. Come say hi

horses first

• Elite
« Reply #115 on: September 19, 2019, 06:25:23 PM »
Pickfourny...all owners seem to have that kind of story. Trainers created out of the same cloth. Maybe with a few exceptions. As far as the stable yesterday a utter disappointment. Of the 55 two year olds they are holding over 35 have made 0-10k. Most big stables would be trimming fat but this what happens when it's claimed entertainment ngc3

PurpleSheetPicks

• Elite
« Reply #116 on: September 19, 2019, 06:38:37 PM »
Pickfourny...all owners seem to have that kind of story. Trainers created out of the same cloth. Maybe with a few exceptions. As far as the stable yesterday a utter disappointment. Of the 55 two year olds they are holding over 35 have made 0-10k. Most big stables would be trimming fat but this what happens when it's claimed entertainment ngc3

not too mention they were started in june and most were sent on the engine so things will only get worse at 3

LUCPARK

• Living Legend
  • HES A GOOD GUY ,FAMILY MAN AND A CHRISTIAN
« Reply #117 on: September 19, 2019, 06:49:42 PM »
Jimmy how does one get out of a horse he or she owns shares of. I'm just asking
I never owned shares  will Anthony buy unhappy owners out. I was at juggete day Anthony seemed lost out there as driver   don't know what he is as trainer
If he has 60 horses now and not selling many and takes on another 50 or 60 how will each horse get needed attention
« Last Edit: September 19, 2019, 06:52:18 PM by LUCPARK »
REAL AMERICANS DONT TAKE A KNEE

Fatboy

• Living Legend
« Reply #118 on: September 19, 2019, 07:21:33 PM »
Syndicates are the biggest scams of all. If you do not know this, then you deserve to be in the harness business.  ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3

HE'S HAD OVER 50 TRAINERS...
ASK THE GUY

Swandre

• Top Claimer
« Reply #119 on: September 19, 2019, 10:36:28 PM »
Libero Hanover
Horse gets no money.

When someone owns a horse (or anything for that matter) what they do with it is their business and not yours.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Still say Noxema is the best for tug time.
    May 15, 2024, 07:13:14 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: I like how it feels between my toes and ass cheeks. way better than desenex, or prep H
    May 15, 2024, 05:04:31 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Never tried it for that purpose. Will give it a try!
    May 15, 2024, 05:00:44 PM
  • Frank the Zipper: Vicks Vapor Rub is a great slipping cream
    May 14, 2024, 05:43:11 PM
  • The Thorn: Damn, You'all sound like a bunch of pussies.  Go smell some flowers and report back
    May 14, 2024, 12:41:19 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: I like the cool soothing feel.
    May 13, 2024, 07:32:06 PM
  • Frank the Zipper: Noxema gives me a soothing rush
    May 12, 2024, 01:08:57 PM
  • SwankToliverA: Wouldn't know, never had a need for it
    May 12, 2024, 12:12:11 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal