Author Topic: There are no words....  (Read 5320 times)

SeattleSlew

• Open / FFA
Re: There are no words....
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2023, 02:03:17 AM »
Rewatch NA Cup final, Confederate, 3rd over with numbers being dictated by a horse trying to win , not set up speed for his stable mate, Comfedrate came up a nose short.

Yes, he came up a nose short, but for the last 1/8 he was pacing out of his skin and Tim was upset with himself for not getting his path and cranking him up earlier.

Also, I noted Steady Star's name.  Please remember that he was free-legged.  When everyone asks how a horse like Confederate can go faster, the clear answer would be to let his legs get extended as far as possible by racing free legged; however a horse has to be consistently traIned that way to be safe.

Open bridle

• Open / FFA
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2023, 04:42:34 AM »
The setup was perfect for him to break the record. Inside post, designated rabbit, good cover, small field ,fastest clay track, perfect weather and excellent driver whose knows how to drive him and when to pull. His acceleration is exceptional. But that doesn't mean he couldn't lose again in a full competitive field. Too many variables in a horse race to predict that.  Very few horses I've seen were great enough in their era to overcome all these variables. Niatross stands out.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2023, 04:55:56 AM by Open bridle »

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2023, 06:55:40 AM »
Yes, he came up a nose short, but for the last 1/8 he was pacing out of his skin and Tim was upset with himself for not getting his path and cranking him up earlier.

Also, I noted Steady Star's name.  Please remember that he was free-legged.  When everyone asks how a horse like Confederate can go faster, the clear answer would be to let his legs get extended as far as possible by racing free legged; however a horse has to be consistently traIned that way to be safe.
You are 1000% percent right SS. I am just so sick and tired of arguing with the handful of negative assholes on here who are John Campbell, Lew Williams and Billy Haughton all rolled into 1 from their keyboards and think harness racing began the day they became aware of it. If they and their speed obsessed minds refuse to accept that CONFEDERATE absolutely DWARFS ANYTHING WEARING HOPPLES TODAY and should be accepted as an all time great already, simply because he does not leave the gate, let them.
I like blogging on here and the "friends" I have made. Not gonna go 15 rounds with the anymore. I know what's what and that's good enough.

Calhoun

• Elite
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2023, 08:26:48 AM »
Fuguzzi, thanks to you and many others for a good thread up until its' inevitable descent. 

I hope the fall Lex race is on a day conducive to fast times.

There is nothing better to me than seeing the best racing on a fast big track.

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2023, 08:34:02 AM »
Fuguzzi, thanks to you and many others for a good thread up until its' inevitable descent. 

I hope the fall Lex race is on a day conducive to fast times.

There is nothing better to me than seeing the best racing on a fast big track.
Thanks buddy, yes, inevitable descent - very well put.
agreed about Lex - still i will miss seeing Confederate in the Jug.
Maybe some people on here are pissed at the syndicate for taking the horse from Brown and giving it to Brett.
I don't follow everything as close as many of you, because for one, I dont gamble, but it seems to me that many of Brian Browns solid 2 year olds dont come back nearly as good at 3 if they remain in his barn. Is that a factor?

White Rabbit

• Open / FFA
« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2023, 08:41:59 AM »
Not a ? of him being one of the best 3 yrs , if not the best this year but all time let’s let the year play out. I’ve noticed when your opinion gets soundly refuted
you get a little sensitive. Confederate s biggest advantage is he has 3 stable mates and he still didn’t crack 46 on the perfect day. You act like it’s just a given he’s going to break the record. On the history of the short 100 yrs or so only one has.

JIDGE

• Open / FFA
« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2023, 08:56:15 AM »
If he raced as a four yr old against full fields he would get exposed HUGE!  He has ZERO gate speed and he can't do it on the front end.  I bet he would have a hell of a time beating :49 in a time trial.  He has NEVER won on the front end.  Wait till he gets in a twelve horse field at Lexington and comes 3rd or 4th over with dull flow.  Against this crop of rats he can do it.  You have three players in this crop.  Confederate, It's My Show, & Seven Colors.  I think if you have Seven Colors first over and Confederate is 3rd or 4th over at Lex he gets smoked.  He has been extremely lucky with how these trips have worked out.  When the trip didn't work he got beat.  He's not a handy horse at all and everyone including Timmy knows it.  He's a insanely fast stalker but he can't do it on the front and things have to go his way or he will wind up short.  My guess is your gonna see him four more times and then he's done.  Lex for SS Final.  Then probably the first week at Lex and skip second week.  Go to Indiana for BC elim and Final and then retired.

This is too easy.

North American Cup eliminatons 6/10/23 --  Confederate wire to wire 1:48.3 -- first quarter 26.4 -- last quarter 26.3.

What's with all the Confederate naysayers -- this horse is the real deal.

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2023, 08:58:01 AM »
Not a ? of him being one of the best 3 yrs , if not the best this year but all time let’s let the year play out. I’ve noticed when your opinion gets soundly refuted
you get a little sensitive. Confederate s biggest advantage is he has 3 stable mates and he still didn’t crack 46 on the perfect day. You act like it’s just a given he’s going to break the record. On the history of the short 100 yrs or so only one has.
Not about sensitivity. Just get frustrated when people come up with minutia nd nonsense, like Rowtruck tellin me he knew Bythemissal was sick watching him from home on TV - plain stupid.

That aside, I think you miss my overall thrust. I am not a participant in the neo - obssesion with speed and lifetime marks in this business which currently prevails. IN FACT I BELIEVE SPEED HAS DESTROYED THIS BUSINESS. It certainly has wiped out value for the average gambler.  I couldn't care less actually what his final lifetime mark is. Only the powers at Diamondcreek do. I am enthralled by what i know as a horseman Confederate can do. I have seen horses like him before - the whole package, the awareness, the ability to care for oneself as he does. the gear that only a rare few pacers are ever gifted with. IF he could sustain that gear for an entire mile or even most of one, he would pace 45 flat - no doubt in my mind. But I am about racehorses who know their job and refuse to lose. that's a CONFEDERATE as it was a NIATROSS, NIHILATOR, SBSW, MATT"S SCOOTER, ARTSPLACE, CAMSCARDSHARK...A lmost 50 years, O/T, I never drove a competitive race for $$, and I have only scene a very small handful move like he does last 3/16ths - he is electric. He is a throwback horse in a racing world not completely designed for him. and, if he was turned out for good TODAY, he will always be an all time great.

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2023, 09:00:02 AM »
This is too easy.

North American Cup eliminatons 6/10/23 --  Confederate wire to wire 1:48.3 -- first quarter 26.4 -- last quarter 26.3.

What's with all the Confederate naysayers -- this horse is the real deal.
Excellent points Jidge

What's with the naysayers? Two things - they hate horses without gate speed and they hate Bret.

JIDGE

• Open / FFA
« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2023, 09:18:58 AM »
Not about sensitivity. Just get frustrated when people come up with minutia nd nonsense, like Rowtruck tellin me he knew Bythemissal was sick watching him from home on TV - plain stupid.

That aside, I think you miss my overall thrust. I am not a participant in the neo - obssesion with speed and lifetime marks in this business which currently prevails. IN FACT I BELIEVE SPEED HAS DESTROYED THIS BUSINESS. It certainly has wiped out value for the average gambler.  I couldn't care less actually what his final lifetime mark is. Only the powers at Diamondcreek do. I am enthralled by what i know as a horseman Confederate can do. I have seen horses like him before - the whole package, the awareness, the ability to care for oneself as he does. the gear that only a rare few pacers are ever gifted with. IF he could sustain that gear for an entire mile or even most of one, he would pace 45 flat - no doubt in my mind. But I am about racehorses who know their job and refuse to lose. that's a CONFEDERATE as it was a NIATROSS, NIHILATOR, SBSW, MATT"S SCOOTER, ARTSPLACE, CAMSCARDSHARK...A lmost 50 years, O/T, I never drove a competitive race for $$, and I have only scene a very small handful move like he does last 3/16ths - he is electric. He is a throwback horse in a racing world not completely designed for him. and, if he was turned out for good TODAY, he will always be an all time great.

This statement couldn't be more accurate.  Maybe it takes being a trainer to spot these things -- I've sat  behind hundreds of plugs. Watch the Hempt race -- you can see this horse literally shift gears halfway down the stretch. That's what makes this horse something special.

Brown jug

• Elite
« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2023, 10:01:33 AM »
correct
that is why sweet lou is stepping up , getting lots of quality mares  and will get more as captain mares come into the breeding shed

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2023, 10:02:19 AM »
TYVM for your support. I love how he continues to gain speed and momentum last stages and draw off even when there is no one left to race - Meadowlands Pace, Cane Pace.

Horseman know tmbz1

White Rabbit

• Open / FFA
« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2023, 12:29:22 PM »
Bottom line is he couldn’t over come a 3 in trip to get up in the NA Cup

Generation XYZ

• Elite
  • HARNESS RACING IS DEAD, CALL THE CORONER!
« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2023, 01:23:05 PM »

Late bloomer just coming into his prime.  You haven't seen the bottom yet. A world Record is on the rise.
Pay to Play, Play to Win!

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2023, 01:44:33 PM »
Do you sleep with Linda? Are you Howard Talyor. Timmy said if knew what he had he woulda moved him a step or two earlier. The wire is the wire and yes, IMS survived. Confederate was moving twice as fast as IMS. He had an awful 3rd over dead flow and had to swing and gain a head of steam with no momentum. Airborne to the wire.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Thats self centered to the max Madoff.
    May 19, 2024, 09:08:38 PM
  • Laag: ruthless
    May 19, 2024, 05:57:58 PM
  • Bernie Madoff: I come in my hand.
    May 19, 2024, 11:31:18 AM
  • Frank the Zipper: it comes in handy
    May 16, 2024, 02:49:07 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: No do explain...
    May 16, 2024, 11:48:54 AM
  • Frank the Zipper: Have you tried Whackenal in the handy 16 ozcan?
    May 16, 2024, 08:36:36 AM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Still say Noxema is the best for tug time.
    May 15, 2024, 07:13:14 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: I like how it feels between my toes and ass cheeks. way better than desenex, or prep H
    May 15, 2024, 05:04:31 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal