Author Topic: MEADOWLANDS TO CLOSE FOR SPRING RACING  (Read 8151 times)

mtnskipper

• Open / FFA
Re: MEADOWLANDS TO CLOSE FOR SPRING RACING
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2018, 10:57:43 AM »
It is you who needs to learn, a racing season is broken down into meetings, The championship meet, started May 4th and runs until Hambletonian day. The winter meet starts January 1 (actually it starts after Xmas the year before)  and ends late February.  Then the "Spring meet" goes March and April.  Usually you can tell when a 'meet' ends because they usually have a mandatory payoff on their carryover pools.  You owe the NJ horseman an apology
so they are going to race in jan and feb and close in march and april when the weather is better. that's all i wanted to know. it makes no sense but i do get it and am wrong of course although you would think business would be better if they killed the winter meet and retained the spring meet for continuity into their "heralded championship meet" which currently they have to beg the worst drivers in the country to come there and drive. i know, when the big purse stake races begin the good ones will return. but tonite for example, yukk.

Atthetrack7

• Stakes Horse
  • saying the things DZ wishes he had the BALLS too
« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2018, 11:37:24 AM »
 No Pennsylvania ( Pocono/harrahs) tracks open in Jan Feb and March means more horses available to card more races , bigger fields bigger handle.  Only half mile Yonkers to race against. I guess smart asses like you don't think about that. That makes all the sense that is needed

Fatboy

• Living Legend
« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2018, 11:50:59 AM »
SPRING HAS SPRUNG,  HOW MANY OF YOU OXYGEN STARVED OLD FUCKS GONNA BE AROUND NEXT SPRING ANYWAYS?

SalaciousCrumb.

• Top Claimer
« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2018, 01:20:47 PM »
What about oct/nov/dec ??

mtnskipper

• Open / FFA
« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2018, 12:28:37 PM »
No Pennsylvania ( Pocono/harrahs) tracks open in Jan Feb and March means more horses available to card more races , bigger fields bigger handle.  Only half mile Yonkers to race against. I guess smart asses like you don't think about that. That makes all the sense that is needed
actually i did take that into consideration. run when no one else is or at a time when no one else is. good business model. this will hurt the michael polio's, the joe (irish) hanney's, the inept merton's and the others who thought they were called up to the major leagues to drive. makes perfect sense to do this. without slots they will sink even further into oblivion.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Bernie Madoff: ngc3 ngc3 ngc3
    May 24, 2024, 08:05:54 PM
  • Frank the Zipper: At least we agree it's a shithole
    May 24, 2024, 07:04:43 PM
  • Kirby's Ace: I think this shithole owns you!
    May 24, 2024, 09:30:25 AM
  • Michael Petrelli: Face it, I OWN THIS SHITHOLE of a forum.
    May 23, 2024, 09:35:08 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Itchy Kitties...
    May 22, 2024, 05:09:31 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Spew a little Spludge and the Pu$$y Cats are drawn to it lie a girl with baby rabies
    May 22, 2024, 01:37:15 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Aint that the truth
    May 21, 2024, 09:29:01 PM
  • The Thorn: Got to watch out for those strays. They want to move in and take you over
    May 21, 2024, 07:38:01 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal