Author Topic: Callahan Should Be Arrested  (Read 14425 times)

cheapseats

• 4 claimer
Re: Callahan Should Be Arrested
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2023, 12:12:48 PM »
At the rise of sounding totally ignorant,tell me....what should he have done when the race was over?  You wind up on the backside of the track with a lame horse...then what?  What is acceptable in the critics' minds?

tumbleweed

• Open / FFA
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2023, 12:16:01 PM »
Odd part was the horse that won the first race was just as bad or worse.

captain morgan

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2023, 12:21:51 PM »
At the rise of sounding totally ignorant,tell me....what should he have done when the race was over?  You wind up on the backside of the track with a lame horse...then what?  What is acceptable in the critics' minds?

Go back to paddock. It's right on backside

whiteplains

• 4 claimer
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2023, 02:24:01 PM »
Cory was wrong.   He should of pulled him up and walked him back to the paddock rather than have the horse go another 1/2 mile to the winners circle.   

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2023, 03:00:50 PM »
Cory was wrong.   He should of pulled him up and walked him back to the paddock rather than have the horse go another 1/2 mile to the winners circle.   
tmbz1 tmbz1

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2023, 03:02:19 PM »
Go back to paddock. It's right on backside
tmbz1 tmbz1

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2023, 03:02:47 PM »
I am almost speechless. What in the world is this driver thinking about? He could have gone directly to the paddock or just stop and call for a horse ambulance. This guy deserves a huge fine.
tmbz1 tmbz1

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2023, 03:03:21 PM »

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2023, 03:04:44 PM »
Scumbag Callahan should get days and a nice fine. That’s animal abuse you jackoffs. He tries to deflect and blow it off like oh I walked him back from the winners circle. You sure did because 20 people around the winners circle were screaming at you jack off.
tmbz1 tmbz1

Mailbox Money

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2023, 05:25:42 PM »
Stupid games draw Stupid people!

Oliver Clozoff

• Top Claimer
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2024, 01:21:31 AM »
lol like there was 20 ppl near the winners circle

They actually had a nice crowd there on Sat.  it was $2 beer nite, lol.

The Exporter

• Elite
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2024, 08:23:16 AM »
Happy New Year to all. We have made progress in the game of horse racing. Yes, it is a terrible look for the morals of the industry when you win a race, and return dead lame. No doubt, he should have went straight to the paddock.
 But, as I said , we have made some progress. I recall racing at Monticello in 1978. Joe Ricco and his trainer, Skeeter Pines had a mid level claimer that could win every race he was entered. His full name escapes me, Hobo something . Hobo Willy maybe. Anyway, if you could get the horse on the starting gate, you were almost sure of a win.
 So, the outrider could not help. The horse would dig them in and sulk. To get him there, they would place the poor guy in so much pain, he would do anything. Skeeter would place a clamp style twitch over his lips and walk him on the backside. Then, run him up and place his nose on the gait.
 Every race the whole place of people and of course all the racing officials saw this cruelty and accepted it as "good horsemanship"

Monticello had others like one who would win quite often and literally walk to the winner's circle dead lame. Then walk back to the paddock that  was on the back side  of the quarter pole back then, getting more lame with every step. 7 days later he was back in to go. Poor bastard would win again and thousands would watch the enslaved animal  go though this toucher again. All along horsemen and fans saying , "boy, what a tough SOB, he has some guts. "
Many more just like this at every racetrack. Back then we looked at as a badge of bravery to the poor horse. Like he had a choice. 

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2024, 10:17:32 AM »
Happy New Year to all. We have made progress in the game of horse racing. Yes, it is a terrible look for the morals of the industry when you win a race, and return dead lame. No doubt, he should have went straight to the paddock.
 But, as I said , we have made some progress. I recall racing at Monticello in 1978. Joe Ricco and his trainer, Skeeter Pines had a mid level claimer that could win every race he was entered. His full name escapes me, Hobo something . Hobo Willy maybe. Anyway, if you could get the horse on the starting gate, you were almost sure of a win.
 So, the outrider could not help. The horse would dig them in and sulk. To get him there, they would place the poor guy in so much pain, he would do anything. Skeeter would place a clamp style twitch over his lips and walk him on the backside. Then, run him up and place his nose on the gait.
 Every race the whole place of people and of course all the racing officials saw this cruelty and accepted it as "good horsemanship"

Monticello had others like one who would win quite often and literally walk to the winner's circle dead lame. Then walk back to the paddock that  was on the back side  of the quarter pole back then, getting more lame with every step. 7 days later he was back in to go. Poor bastard would win again and thousands would watch the enslaved animal  go though this toucher again. All along horsemen and fans saying , "boy, what a tough SOB, he has some guts. "
Many more just like this at every racetrack. Back then we looked at as a badge of bravery to the poor horse. Like he had a choice.
The reason it was accepted back then was that the only people that saw those acts of abuse were the racing fans viewing it live at that particular track. Once the internet took over, evidence such as pics and video of horseracing cruelty were viewed immediately and distributed and reviewed by anyone and everyone including animal rights organizations and supporters. The internet changed the playing field. 
« Last Edit: January 01, 2024, 10:19:03 AM by MIKE CAMPBELL »

The Exporter

• Elite
« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2024, 10:27:47 AM »
No doubt simulcasting exposed it to many more people. But, it was our culture that not only accepted it as slick horsemanship, but saw no wrong in it. My point is we have evolved in our equine values. There is less treating a horse as a pure commodity and more as a living being. We still have a ways to go in some circles. The claiming game is nowhere near the rent- a- horse game it was just 10 years ago. And, there is progress on the drug users.
 I am not naive enough to believe it will ever be a drug free game, but, there has been more progress in these areas of abuse and cruelty then at anytime.   

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2024, 11:08:49 AM »
No doubt simulcasting exposed it to many more people. But, it was our culture that not only accepted it as slick horsemanship, but saw no wrong in it. My point is we have evolved in our equine values. There is less treating a horse as a pure commodity and more as a living being. We still have a ways to go in some circles. The claiming game is nowhere near the rent- a- horse game it was just 10 years ago. And, there is progress on the drug users.
 I am not naive enough to believe it will ever be a drug free game, but, there has been more progress in these areas of abuse and cruelty then at anytime.
The only people that accepted it as slick horsemanship were horsemen. The culture didn't change its opinion on animal abuse because they never saw the acts you described due to the lack of technology. Once animal rights groups were exposed to the abusive acts which are now posted all over the web, they started to get involved. This forced the horse business, not the culture to change. For example, Corey Callahan had to make a public apology on Facebook to protect his ass from groups like PETA. If that happened 40 years ago, he wouldn't have said a word and no one would be the wiser including us ploppers, as even Horseplop wasn't around then.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Still say Noxema is the best for tug time.
    May 15, 2024, 07:13:14 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: I like how it feels between my toes and ass cheeks. way better than desenex, or prep H
    May 15, 2024, 05:04:31 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Never tried it for that purpose. Will give it a try!
    May 15, 2024, 05:00:44 PM
  • Frank the Zipper: Vicks Vapor Rub is a great slipping cream
    May 14, 2024, 05:43:11 PM
  • The Thorn: Damn, You'all sound like a bunch of pussies.  Go smell some flowers and report back
    May 14, 2024, 12:41:19 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: I like the cool soothing feel.
    May 13, 2024, 07:32:06 PM
  • Frank the Zipper: Noxema gives me a soothing rush
    May 12, 2024, 01:08:57 PM
  • SwankToliverA: Wouldn't know, never had a need for it
    May 12, 2024, 12:12:11 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal