Author Topic: Dexter Dunn critics should hide themselves after tonight  (Read 2532 times)

Fuguzzi

• Elite
Re: Dexter Dunn critics should hide themselves after tonight
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2023, 09:19:54 AM »
I think we are witnessing it now over the past several years. he certainly wasn't top ten even a few years ago. I see him as steadily improving as he continues to drive against the world's best. it's all about opportunity and there are only so many truly great or extremely good horses to drive. Most of the top ten drivers would do just as well as the next guy with all of the top horses. you could assign the list of a drivers at the very top level at random 5 minutes before the race and the results would be the same. You know that any of the top 7 or 8 would win with a Confederate, or a Karl, or a Twin b Joe Fresh, etc if they were to drive it and not the regular guy.

Bernie Madoff

• Elite
  • In the beginning, man created"god".
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2023, 09:28:04 AM »
You seem to be confused. Your favorite driver does not equate to the best driver. He is maybe top 30 in Norh America. Maybe. I despised John Campbell and Ron Pierce, but I acknowledge they were all time greats. I hope you surrender your condescending attitudes about Dexter simply because you don't like him.
He who laughs last, laughs best.

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2023, 10:13:13 AM »
I have already acknowledged his talent and berth in the top 5. Isn't that acknowledging he ranks with the greats. Personally, i find him a bit distasteful in how he comes off. Many drivers have suffered from people's perceptions of them when it comes to personality. pierce for sure. Doesn't make them any less great. I understand his reasons for coming to America to drive, just a bit put off that he arrived right after being under a cloud of suspicion at home. Kinda like the way Jackie Mo and Luc suddenly "left " the business. I know Luc well and he has driven for me hundreds of times. Still not sure what the heck went on there. As for Jack, i couldn't care less.

Not sure who you are referring to as "my favorite driver". At the top level, I like Miller and Yannick above all. Most of my true favorite drivers are not competing at this level. Wally H, Jim Morrill jr, Bruce Ranger, Tony Morgan, Brett Beckwith, Kevin Switzer jr. # have won a race for me in some capacity of my involvement, 3 have not. Need 3 more pics for my collection ;D

Mailbox Money

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2023, 01:53:12 PM »
Dex knows that he is approaching the end of his season. He's gathering every acorn he can find for his vacations!🤑🤑

TimTimTimbo

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2023, 02:01:07 PM »
#1, he does appear to come off that way, as a Kiwi I would describe it as coming off like an Australian, there is a streak of arrogance in there

#2, Him being under a cloud a of suspicion was all bullshit.  That whole thing was a bunch of bullshit by a disgruntled POS who was a huge bettor who lost and down there if you really wanted to fix a race, you could do it in your sleep back then.  With the size of the fields, you could easily bury your horse on the fence and never see daylight or many other subtle things if you are trying to run second

Speaking of trying to run 2nd. My trotter was in a handicap race, and he was starting the race from 35 meters behind. Even though he was in the top class, they ran these races whereby if you won, you got 10 meters for the 1st win and 5 meters for each win up to a maximum of 40m. If you lost one, you were given 5 meters back for the next one. My trainer and half owner in the horse wanted to run second so he could go back to 30 meters instead of 40 meters behind.

Turning for home (the stretch is only 250 meters long, so it was like two thirds of the Big M stretch), he let him run from the furlong and he finished way too fast and ended up winning the race. LOL. Backfired when trying to cheat, LOL

It was stupid to try and not win because of a cheap handicap and he could have started 80 yards behind them and still won. Considering he was at the time the only trotter in NZ to go faster than the FFA pacers went in a race. In that race he took 4 seconds off the trotters record and .2 off the pacers record.  He actually could have done well as a pacer as his father Great Evander was a pacer who left nearly all trotters, and several were double gaited. I think he left like 161 trotters that won and like 10 pacers but when you can trot that fast, why bother, LOL

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2023, 11:34:37 PM »
Dexter returns to Earth tonight highlighted by a couple Dex like drives in defeat.

comeonman

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2023, 12:35:39 AM »
There Is not one driver in the world better than dex...maybe his equal but No one today better....and on top of that a fantastic person.

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2023, 02:08:16 AM »
Miller and Tetrick remain in a slightly higher echelon. Yannick, Dunn and Scotty round out the top 5. I believe Dexter drove his own horse quite poorly tonight.

harnessplop

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2023, 03:18:02 AM »
Dunn is fantastic.

Brown jug

• Elite
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2023, 08:23:21 AM »
going head to head with sylvia on twin b joe fresh was a mistake and paid for it by finishing right out of it
also got away far to back on el rey

lost cause

• NW-1
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2023, 11:15:02 AM »
so brown jug what was dave miller's excuse on newsroom and tci? timmy's excuse on special way and geo? stop calling out 1 race.dexter is better then miller or timmy. timmy has been slipping for a few years now.he still better then most but not the best

Brown jug

• Elite
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2023, 11:50:35 AM »
not suggesting dexter is not top notch because he is
but folks seem to be suggesting he was superman and could do no wrong
just pointing out he is human and can on occasion make the wrong call

harnessplop

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2023, 01:29:19 PM »
Did tetrick say Dunn was the best driver these days?

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Frank the Zipper: it comes in handy
    May 16, 2024, 02:49:07 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: No do explain...
    May 16, 2024, 11:48:54 AM
  • Frank the Zipper: Have you tried Whackenal in the handy 16 ozcan?
    May 16, 2024, 08:36:36 AM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Still say Noxema is the best for tug time.
    May 15, 2024, 07:13:14 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: I like how it feels between my toes and ass cheeks. way better than desenex, or prep H
    May 15, 2024, 05:04:31 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Never tried it for that purpose. Will give it a try!
    May 15, 2024, 05:00:44 PM
  • Frank the Zipper: Vicks Vapor Rub is a great slipping cream
    May 14, 2024, 05:43:11 PM
  • The Thorn: Damn, You'all sound like a bunch of pussies.  Go smell some flowers and report back
    May 14, 2024, 12:41:19 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal