Author Topic: Race 8 at YR Old Boys Club  (Read 1411 times)

Fuguzzi

• Elite
Race 8 at YR Old Boys Club
« on: October 25, 2023, 10:35:33 PM »
Ok, this has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that Brent Holland was one of the principals. Jordan Stratton was the other. There was a judges inquiry into the stretch run which resulted in the top two finishers being flip flopped. Ok fine.

Point is this reminded me of a conversation I had long ago with a NYS PJ concerning drivers who fail to lodge an objection when the judges post an inquiry and ultimately decide to change the order.. He told me that if it were up to him, he would heavily fine the driver of the horse that benefited from the inquiry. He believed the driver who did not lodge an objection in addition to the inquiry should receive a fine, if the infraction the judges saw was enough to warrant taking down the offender. His point being anything else looks like an "old boys club" to the general public. I tend to agree. But it must be a specific inquiry, not a general inquiry. So just using this as an example, maybe if he knew he was facing a stiff fine, Stratton might have lodged an objection and appeared as if he was looking out for his interests and those of his horse and not just "satisfied" to be second. What do you think?

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
Re: Race 8 at YR Old Boys Club
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2023, 10:41:24 PM »
It's always been a joke. Any driver who is blatantly interfered with and doesn't lodge an objection should lose their license for fraud and collusion.

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2023, 10:43:53 PM »
 tmbz1

White Rabbit

• Open / FFA
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2023, 09:15:09 AM »
Bullshit,
It’s the judges job to watch the race and have inquiries. There should be no drivers objection. If the judges didn’t see it the first they won’t see it the second time. How dare a driver point out something one of the three gods missed. How many times have you seen objection not allowed. It should be same as instant reply, watch all the video and make their decision. They should not even speak with the drivers. Here’s two typical conversations with the drivers . 1 st scenario, this case drivers get along, did you bother driver X, no sir. Driver X did he bother you no sir. 2nd case drivers don’t get along, he bother you , yes he almost cut my horses leg off.

Bitter Truth

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2023, 09:16:43 AM »
Things like this might hurt their massive 'HANDLE'. ngc3

Lance

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2023, 10:46:08 AM »
Things like this might hurt their massive 'HANDLE'. ngc3

I like all this talk about "massive handles"

Parked

• Elite
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2023, 10:58:19 AM »
If the judges were quick to post the inquiry sign the drivers might be quicker to call for interference.  This would also help the judges in coming to a fast decision.
I was once at a meeting where the judge (meadowlands) said he keeps his finger on the inquiry button and hits it as soon as he sees something that does not look right.   By doing that the drivers see the inquiry sign lit up when they pass the tote board or at least they know before they get back to the paddock. 
I think there is a rule about not reporting interference but who goes by the rules anymore ?

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2023, 11:29:20 AM »
I think you are accurate. I can't remember a track where the INQUIRY sign lit up faster than the BigM. Last horse was barely under the wire.

Was it Hugh Gallagher - he was strict.

upthetrack1234

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2023, 11:49:36 AM »
The judges should make the decisions on their own but they don’t!!! These drivers race against each other every night, 99% of the time they aren’t gonna say shit against another driver and expect the same in return!

Bottom line, judges need to grow a pair and make the correct decision on what they see

Bitter Truth

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2023, 01:23:15 PM »
Hey Lance check out my topic on 'SPORTS' category..Maybe you two can play a lil one on one to keep him sharp.

theokodjak26

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2023, 07:03:48 PM »
When it comes to judges at all tracks, the #1 thing that pisses me off is the total inconsistency regarding pylon infractions. The rules seem all over the place depending on the track. I have seen this at the same track too. It’s kind of like pass interference calls in the NFL. Anyone see how badly the officials the Browns got screwed by the officials Sunday? The same thing has happened to me at Pompano and the Meadowlands over the years.

remington

• Open / FFA
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2023, 07:07:44 PM »
Watched that race was wondering about it. Iam probably wrong but didn't Bartlett and Stratton ride together to Yonkers a few years ago. If they did, they probably talked about the weather and women and nothing about the night's races.

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2023, 08:37:39 PM »
Someone at Goshen told me that their relationship is strained now because there was some kind of alcohol related issue when they were riding in a car together? I know nothing about this? Does anyone have more details. Didn't their wives have horses together at one point?

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ, puttin Palestinians in their place.
    April 30, 2024, 09:25:33 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: The Original WIZ was the best.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:44 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Jerry is the new WIZ at the Ohio tracks.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:23 PM
  • Unclejerry: See you live opening night at Scioto Downs May 8, Live Bets and real gambling
    April 27, 2024, 10:03:40 PM
  • Unclejerry: Egg on my face $22.20
    April 27, 2024, 09:35:17 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's your boob in race 6 waiting on price
    April 27, 2024, 09:32:14 PM
  • Unclejerry: Race 5 bet has been posted
    April 27, 2024, 08:58:28 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's going to be a price in Jerry's Thread Tonight !!!
    April 27, 2024, 08:49:13 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal