Author Topic: Hoosier handle - what is holding them back?  (Read 2605 times)

R Kelly

• 4 claimer
  • PISS ON YOU
Re: Hoosier handle - what is holding them back?
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2024, 08:38:54 PM »
I believe that Hoosier once had a reputation for not allowing the hokey POKEY that goes on most everywhere else,but the problems that have come to light portray just the opposite opinion now! If people are getting popped with banned substances and items on the ground there is a great big problem somewhere other than the trainers. The problem is one of 2 possibilities, ass kissing or envelope gifting! A blown reputation is impossible to reobtain once it's gone!
It is both of them. Ass kissing for the locals and envelope passing for the rich ones. Hoosier takes care of their local horsemen. Stohler and George take 50% of the money out of Hoosier and Erv and Essig another 35% add in roger Welch who never liked an ass he didn’t kiss and that pretty much sums up Hoosier. Now you can add in wilfong and his hochstetler and then you have your answer why big players avoid this place unless of course there aren’t many other betting options.
I believe I can fly...... out of prison soon

Grandstand Handicapper

• Open / FFA
Re: Hoosier handle - what is holding them back?
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2024, 10:34:28 PM »
Monticello is a monster of a different breed --- low (lowest) classes of racing, year-round, multiple days a week, and for whatever reason people off-track seem to still want to bet on low-class, half-mile track racing. You have a couple of drivers there who are competitive elsewhere, but not that many. The horses to an even lesser extent. They have what, a $5500 to $6500 Open? I wonder what the top trainers there get for a daily rate, LOL. But, comparatively, they still attract handle. Why I don't know, LOL.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Indian24: Damn those sound just like sun blisters my bad good thing
    May 07, 2024, 03:59:33 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: They keep popping and my backs getting wet.
    May 07, 2024, 09:38:10 AM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Oh the agony of these little pustules
    May 07, 2024, 09:09:09 AM
  • Indian24: Herpes can be treated but will always be with you  ngc3
    May 06, 2024, 10:11:57 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Where in the world did this rash come from?
    May 06, 2024, 03:02:53 PM
  • Calhoun: Bos-Tor .. G7 .. O6 .. IYKYK
    May 04, 2024, 08:00:06 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ, puttin Palestinians in their place.
    April 30, 2024, 09:25:33 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: The Original WIZ was the best.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:44 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal