Author Topic: How greedy can you be?  (Read 4437 times)

Miguel_Sanchez

• Open / FFA
How greedy can you be?
« on: December 01, 2023, 11:59:26 AM »
Jimmy Freight wins in Rosecroft debut - This horse is stoned cripple.  Pelling won't train him and now Moreau either won't train him or he's been disallowed from racing at Mohawk.  Retire the poor horse.  You send him to Mike Hall who is known EPO / Snake Venom and what ever else he can use to get one to race.  Eric Cherry / Adrianno Sorrello shouldn't be allowed to own horses.  You both think there machines and can go on forever.  Both of you are crippled yourself.  Why don't you two go run a 5k this weekend for charity and see how you feel afterward.  Then do it again next week and the week after until you either die or can't walk and need a wheelchair for the rest of your life.

Oh BTW no narcotics to run those 5k's either boys.  See how you like doing it on hay n oats like you preach.

wiseowl

• Open / FFA
Re: How greedy can you be?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2023, 12:26:18 PM »
All the shit you say they use I think they test for that.

Raging pace

• 4 claimer
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2023, 12:27:21 PM »
Half these trainers don’t care about the horse, they juice em up , make money betting them at the window and after a short time the poor horse is gutted. There is a horse for sale on the ongait website. Just plain loco for $15,000 starting bid. The horse is gutted from the last trainer juicing the poor animal week after week. Now another trainer has this horse( who is been caught numerous times with positives) is the trainer. Don’t think he has enough drugs to keep this poor horse going so their trying to unload him to someone else. Buyer beware on this horse !

rainman2

• Elite
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2023, 01:49:32 PM »
Half these trainers don’t care about the horse, they juice em up , make money betting them at the window and after a short time the poor horse is gutted. There is a horse for sale on the ongait website. Just plain loco for $15,000 starting bid. The horse is gutted from the last trainer juicing the poor animal week after week. Now another trainer has this horse( who is been caught numerous times with positives) is the trainer. Don’t think he has enough drugs to keep this poor horse going so their trying to unload him to someone else. Buyer beware on horse !

This is harness racing 2023, not harness racing 1970!  There is not enough money to make a living by doing this. Please look at the Rosecroft pools last night!!  All it takes is 1 (bad) beat to lose your profits and more.

Brown jug

• Elite
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2023, 02:32:28 PM »
shameful racing him for $12 k in his condition

Open bridle

• Open / FFA
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2023, 02:48:58 PM »
I think a lot of trainers who work with these horses everyday begin to think of them as nothing more than  commodities. No different than the day traders who buy and sell stocks.  With no emotional attachment they do whatever it takes to try and make money.  Maybe some caretakers and small time owners/trainers might feel some attachment, but otherwise it's a cutthroat business to the detriment of the horses.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2023, 02:51:32 PM by Open bridle »

Miguel_Sanchez

• Open / FFA
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2023, 02:52:02 PM »
I think a lot of trainers who work with these horses everyday begin to think of them as nothing more than  commodities. No different than the day traders who buy and sell stocks.  With no emotional attachment they do whatever it takes to try and make money.  Maybe some caretakers and small time owners might feel some attachment, but otherwise it's a cutthroat business to the detriment of the horses.

Pelling at least had the guts to tell them no.  The horse is gonna break down on the track and get someone hurt before long.

JIDGE

• Open / FFA
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2023, 02:56:02 PM »
Half these trainers don’t care about the horse, they juice em up , make money betting them at the window and after a short time the poor horse is gutted. There is a horse for sale on the ongait website. Just plain loco for $15,000 starting bid. The horse is gutted from the last trainer juicing the poor animal week after week. Now another trainer has this horse( who is been caught numerous times with positives) is the trainer. Don’t think he has enough drugs to keep this poor horse going so their trying to unload him to someone else. Buyer beware on this horse !

I was actually looking at this horse but I'm obviously not seeing what you're seeing. Current trainer Bratt had one positive in '21 and in '22 -- and back in '12 - that's it -- hardly numerous times. Prior trainer Guiliani has no positives at all according to USTA. Horse finished second his last three starts so he's definitely not gutted. Maybe you can clarify and correct me.

Dingus

• Open / FFA
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2023, 03:40:59 PM »
I was actually looking at this horse but I'm obviously not seeing what you're seeing. Current trainer Bratt had one positive in '21 and in '22 -- and back in '12 - that's it -- hardly numerous times. Prior trainer Guiliani has no positives at all according to USTA. Horse finished second his last three starts so he's definitely not gutted. Maybe you can clarify and correct me.

And still the same owners

Raging pace

• 4 claimer
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2023, 03:42:33 PM »
This horse would pace in 1.53 last year,  nothing like the horse he was earlier this year.bratt is no good and Giuliani was barred from Buffalo raceway about 3 years back after getting caught with needles and syringes in barns. She had to go to pompano for awhile. Her dad helps train and in his day was no stranger to getting positives. Been around hear for many many years, very very few people that are from this track will NOT claim horses off these two people. You do what’s best for you and I wish you the best of luck if you decide to bid on the horse.

JIDGE

• Open / FFA
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2023, 04:14:40 PM »
This horse would pace in 1.53 last year,  nothing like the horse he was earlier this year.bratt is no good and Giuliani was barred from Buffalo raceway about 3 years back after getting caught with needles and syringes in barns. She had to go to pompano for awhile. Her dad helps train and in his day was no stranger to getting positives. Been around hear for many many years, very very few people that are from this track will NOT claim horses off these two people. You do what’s best for you and I wish you the best of luck if you decide to bid on the horse.

Thanks for clarifying.

Parked

• Elite
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2023, 04:36:40 PM »

Positives mean nothing . They can’t test for most of the drugs they use. Those who get positives just got careless..

Mailbox Money

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2023, 08:39:02 PM »
Poor Jimmy Freight is worth more money dead than he is alive! His owners know exactly what they are doing! No company will investigate the claim if there are a few thousand witnesses to the death! You can bet your bottom dollar that they increased the amount of the policy when he became a Sire!

caddy

• Stakes Horse
  • vienerschnitzel
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2023, 12:26:26 PM »
I think a lot of trainers who work with these horses everyday begin to think of them as nothing more than  commodities. Maybe some caretakers and small time owners/trainers might feel some attachment, but otherwise it's a cutthroat business to the detriment of the horses.

I read this and it makes me sad.  SAD?  because it's true.  There are some small trainer/owner/groom outfits that hold their horses almost like pets.  Do the horses reward them for such kindness?  Remarkably, i'll say while the horse may not know is his head that he got a win, the horse can't, in my cases, read the tote board - AHA!  they sure do know if they get a carrot- and, that translates to a horse making the connection between reward and performance.

As for using them as commodity, it's true in so many big factory training companies.  It's a real shame ... and needs to be controlled

Inside The Track

• Top Claimer
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2023, 03:26:47 PM »
Russell Bratt is just a beard, he works for Steve Andzel and Steve Kiblin. They are the two training this horse. The horse has a huge heart but is a cripple. Last week watching him warmup was so sad he could hardly walk. This horse has every painkiller ever invented used on him. Shockwaved to death. Its sad the owners allow this to happen. A broken down 8,000 claimer.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Aint that the truth
    May 21, 2024, 09:29:01 PM
  • The Thorn: Got to watch out for those strays. They want to move in and take you over
    May 21, 2024, 07:38:01 PM
  • Frank the Zipper: especially a stray cat
    May 21, 2024, 07:07:22 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Good Pu$$Y Cat is hard to forget.
    May 21, 2024, 05:27:22 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Thats self centered to the max Madoff.
    May 19, 2024, 09:08:38 PM
  • Laag: ruthless
    May 19, 2024, 05:57:58 PM
  • Bernie Madoff: I come in my hand.
    May 19, 2024, 11:31:18 AM
  • Frank the Zipper: it comes in handy
    May 16, 2024, 02:49:07 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal