General Category > The O.T.

JOHN FRANK's movie and other thing reviews

(1/13) > >>

kantseeback:
John, I know we did this many years ago and it went over well, especially when we had conversations about movies, tv shows, and old time bowlers.
Any current reviews?

mottoman:
How about Barbie?????

JOHN FRANK:
Those were the day's. Could talk sports and such with real contributors.
Had some nice posts with ICEMAN about old boxers. Of course he got chased of eventually by LUKEPUKE and friends. He was a great contributor. Always fightin back until he finnaly gave up.
And we had some great conversations about BOWLING. Posters today were not here back then and if they were would wreck anything that was said back then; I think SUPERFECTA was one who always contributed nicely.
SO for those newbee's JOHN FRANK will relate his experiance with BOWLING.
IT 1963 and JOHN FRANK be a BOWLER. He started when he about 9. He be GREAT. Is there anythin he can't do. So it a STATE bowlin tourny. Everyone starts at their local house. You win that and you move on. DISTRICT, REGIONAL, SECTIONAL,and finnaly STATE FINALS. JOHN FRANK won them all. At start there where 7200 entrants. JOHN FRANK reigned #1. Here's the thin at STATE finals. Me DAD passed when me 11. He was quite the bowler himself. So at the finals the last 3 games are pitted against the top 6 on same pair of lanes. It down to just 2 goin into last frame. He rolled 9th and 10th and he had me. It me turn to just roll the 10th. I needed 2 strikes and 8 to beat him. The whole house is now behind us watchin and the place was packed. This kid's father was sittin directly behind me. He yellin at me. YOU can't beat my son. You need 2 strikes. I walks up to lane and dries me fingers. I steps back off lane and looks at him. He still yellin. I thinks of me DAD. Would he be doin this SHIT. I'm determined now. The crowd is silent. I drills the first strike. The crowd is goin nuts cheerin. The fuc DAD is really layin in now. He screamin you can't do that again. I drills the second. Then I turns and say's to him: WATCH this. I drills the 3rd. The crowd went NUTS. I walks up to him and say's: I feel sorry for your son. He could have won, but you made me determined I'AIN'T gonna LOSE. And it was BEAUTIFUL. JOHN FRANK crowned ILLINOIS STATE CHAMPION after winnin 5 tourneys in a row.

So's onto WASHINGTON DC were the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP be held at. There be 54 from STATES and PROBERTY'S. I ain't sure in 1963 that ALASKA and HAWAII were states at time but they represented along with PORTO RICO, GUAM, VIRGIN ISLANDS,and maybe SOMOA.
So the first night is a celebrity matched with a youth bowler. Just a fun thin. Now everyone is sent a bowlin uniform weeks before NATIONALS. It like the baggy crap that 50's bowlin professionals always wear. So they have a parade of everyone walkin at top of lanes prior to PRO-AM announcin each representative. Everyone wearin appropriate attire but me. I got LEVY bluejeans and me professional shirt hangin out past me knees. When it over they announce will the REP from ILLINOIS please put on proper attire. Me mom was there and holdin me pants. Had to go to restroom and dress as a CLOWN. Kinda held up proceedins for about 10 minutes. My guy I'm bowlin against is DICK WEBER. He goes: why the protest. I tells him I feels more comfortable in my previous attire. Anyhow I beats him 206-201,but I guarrentee he laid down last frame to let me beat him.

So on to the tourny itself. You bowl 6 games on a THURSDAY,FRIDAY and SATURDAY, Mornin and afternoon sesions. Top 6 advance to a stepladder final on SUNDAY. So after the first 2 days JOHN FRANK 3rd. Got to know some bowlers from different states. There's 5 of us and the guy from NEW YORK has a car. We all decide: LET'S go out POT BOWLING. We went to regular lanes and shot maybe 5 games. Then one of us comes up with a brillant idea. Lets go to a DUCK PIN house and continue. None of us had ever rolled DUCK PIN but it sounded good at time. I mean this the TOURNY we playin in and DUCKS can alter one's game. We get back in about 5:30 am. The first session that day is 9AM. Youuuse young you can handle no sleep.

So here the clincher on day 3. It a big house and me and 5 others are drawin the last lanes in establishment. I'M rollin. Starts with 3 strikes. I'm on the last lane now roolin frame 4. There a walkway there where employee's go to run down to fix a lane malfuntion. A third of way down is some photographer shootin pictures of tourny. He got the old time flashbulb apparatus. I'm up and approchin lane with me delivery and he shoots picture blindin me. I GUTTER. I goes: I want a re-throw. I'M yellin now. I'M incensed. I protest. The tourny is held up for 20 minute as I explain me case. Everyone goin in TOURNEY,not ILLINOIS again. Officials decided nope and I told them to go FUC themsels. I could not bowl after that'I was so agitated. Had the worst 6 game session and ended 13th. FATBOY loved that. Not that I lost but the PHOTO GUY.

kantseeback:

--- Quote from: JOHN FRANK on August 23, 2023, 01:42:02 PM ---Those were the day's. Could talk sports and such with real contributors.
Had some nice posts with ICEMAN about old boxers. Of course he got chased of eventually by LUKEPUKE and friends. He was a great contributor. Always fightin back until he finnaly gave up.
And we had some great conversations about BOWLING. Posters today were not here back then and if they were would wreck anything that was said back then; I think SUPERFECTA was one who always contributed nicely.
SO for those newbee's JOHN FRANK will relate his experiance with BOWLING.
IT 1963 and JOHN FRANK be a BOWLER. He started when he about 9. He be GREAT. Is there anythin he can't do. So it a STATE bowlin tourny. Everyone starts at their local house. You win that and you move on. DISTRICT, REGIONAL, SECTIONAL,and finnaly STATE FINALS. JOHN FRANK won them all. At start there where 7200 entrants. JOHN FRANK reigned #1. Here's the thin at STATE finals. Me DAD passed when me 11. He was quite the bowler himself. So at the finals the last 3 games are pitted against the top 6 on same pair of lanes. It down to just 2 goin into last frame. He rolled 9th and 10th and he had me. It me turn to just roll the 10th. I needed 2 strikes and 8 to beat him. The whole house is now behind us watchin and the place was packed. This kid's father was sittin directly behind me. He yellin at me. YOU can't beat my son. You need 2 strikes. I walks up to lane and dries me fingers. I steps back off lane and looks at him. He still yellin. I thinks of me DAD. Would he be doin this SHIT. I'm determined now. The crowd is silent. I drills the first strike. The crowd is goin nuts cheerin. The fuc DAD is really layin in now. He screamin you can't do that again. I drills the second. Then I turns and say's to him: WATCH this. I drills the 3rd. The crowd went NUTS. I walks up to him and say's: I feel sorry for your son. He could have won, but you made me determined I'AIN'T gonna LOSE. And it was BEAUTIFUL. JOHN FRANK crowned ILLINOIS STATE CHAMPION after winnin 5 tourneys in a row.

So's onto WASHINGTON DC were the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP be held at. There be 54 from STATES and PROBERTY'S. I ain't sure in 1963 that ALASKA and HAWAII were states at time but they represented along with PORTO RICO, GUAM, VIRGIN ISLANDS,and maybe SOMOA.
So the first night is a celebrity matched with a youth bowler. Just a fun thin. Now everyone is sent a bowlin uniform weeks before NATIONALS. It like the baggy crap that 50's bowlin professionals always wear. So they have a parade of everyone walkin at top of lanes prior to PRO-AM announcin each representative. Everyone wearin appropriate attire but me. I got LEVY bluejeans and me professional shirt hangin out past me knees. When it over they announce will the REP from ILLINOIS please put on proper attire. Me mom was there and holdin me pants. Had to go to restroom and dress as a CLOWN. Kinda held up proceedins for about 10 minutes. My guy I'm bowlin against is DICK WEBER. He goes: why the protest. I tells him I feels more comfortable in my previous attire. Anyhow I beats him 206-201,but I guarrentee he laid down last frame to let me beat him.

So on to the tourny itself. You bowl 6 games on a THURSDAY,FRIDAY and SATURDAY, Mornin and afternoon sesions. Top 6 advance to a stepladder final on SUNDAY. So after the first 2 days JOHN FRANK 3rd. Got to know some bowlers from different states. There's 5 of us and the guy from NEW YORK has a car. We all decide: LET'S go out POT BOWLING. We went to regular lanes and shot maybe 5 games. Then one of us comes up with a brillant idea. Lets go to a DUCK PIN house and continue. None of us had ever rolled DUCK PIN but it sounded good at time. I mean this the TOURNY we playin in and DUCKS can alter one's game. We get back in about 5:30 am. The first session that day is 9AM. Youuuse young you can handle no sleep.

So here the clincher on day 3. It a big house and me and 5 others are drawin the last lanes in establishment. I'M rollin. Starts with 3 strikes. I'm on the last lane now roolin frame 4. There a walkway there where employee's go to run down to fix a lane malfuntion. A third of way down is some photographer shootin pictures of tourny. He got the old time flashbulb apparatus. I'm up and approchin lane with me delivery and he shoots picture blindin me. I GUTTER. I goes: I want a re-throw. I'M yellin now. I'M incensed. I protest. The tourny is held up for 20 minute as I explain me case. Everyone goin in TOURNEY,not ILLINOIS again. Officials decided nope and I told them to go FUC themsels. I could not bowl after that'I was so agitated. Had the worst 6 game session and ended 13th. FATBOY loved that. Not that I lost but the PHOTO GUY.

--- End quote ---
I think back then we all agreed Earl Anthony was the best of all time.

kantseeback:
Hey JF, have you ever seen the movie Kingpin?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version