Author Topic: What are the most important factors to signal a driver will give max effort?  (Read 3739 times)

HornbyDuke

• Elite
Ppg - ignoring  fixing and in no order. You covered it pretty well.  I usually refer to this intent. IMHO some horses are just readying for the next effort.

-Very impt to me is an aggressive try in prior race from difficult position.  Also indicative is the score down. A horse leaving from outside will usually be well warmed in score down. Big purse is a given. Dumping a horse there would be foolish.

-Form
-Condition - nw of 2 and 3 in particular is very impt to know trainers and drivers. Some just milk these categories. And often the best horse has zero intent of winning. These are great play against in horizontals - tossing off ticket pays off in long run and so what if one beats you every now and then. It's gambling.

I also watch in NW of $ whether a out of $ finish will allow a horse to drop next start.

-Driver tendancies. Some that are less aggressive and content to hug rail. I often just use these drivers underneath.
- Claim
- Driver change - especially from trainer to catch or to an aggressive driver off poor drive. Driver change can tend to be over bet.
- Trainer change from low percentage to barn that often moves horses up off change.
- lot of other intangibles.

the master

• Stakes Horse
Steve Smith off, anyone else on
                        ngc3 tmbz1 ngc3 tmbz1 ngc3 tmbz1 ngc3 tmbz1 ngc3 tmbz1

Franky

• NW-1
the 2 most important factors:

Tetrick and Miller

Yonkers1

• Elite
What would you say are important factors, either known or unknown to public, whether driver will give a maximum effort to win?

1) Race has been fixed (Unknown)
2) Big purse (Known)
3) Horse being claimed (Known and unknown)
4) Race has been fixed (Unknown)
5) Horse must leave class (known)
6) Narratives e.g. horse's last start, driver/trainer/owner record. (Known and Unknown)
7) Horse received pre-race and vet work (Unknown)
8 ) Quid pro quo e.g. driver has been promised something (other than money) for a favorable finish (unknown)

Any others that I'm missing here? Doesn't have to be something that is likely, just possible. Doesn't have to be something that could be known to the public but those examples are preferred.

Find out who Larry Rolla is betting. I just finished his book, if 10% is true, no wonder this game is dying

Yonkers now the #1 track in the nation

JOHN FRANK

• Elite
It sure ain't: JOSE L. ORTIZ.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ, puttin Palestinians in their place.
    April 30, 2024, 09:25:33 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: The Original WIZ was the best.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:44 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Jerry is the new WIZ at the Ohio tracks.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:23 PM
  • Unclejerry: See you live opening night at Scioto Downs May 8, Live Bets and real gambling
    April 27, 2024, 10:03:40 PM
  • Unclejerry: Egg on my face $22.20
    April 27, 2024, 09:35:17 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's your boob in race 6 waiting on price
    April 27, 2024, 09:32:14 PM
  • Unclejerry: Race 5 bet has been posted
    April 27, 2024, 08:58:28 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's going to be a price in Jerry's Thread Tonight !!!
    April 27, 2024, 08:49:13 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal