Author Topic: What are the most important factors to signal a driver will give max effort?  (Read 3741 times)

Powerful Patricks Ghost

What would you say are important factors, either known or unknown to public, whether driver will give a maximum effort to win?

1) Race has been fixed (Unknown)
2) Big purse (Known)
3) Horse being claimed (Known and unknown)
4) Race has been fixed (Unknown)
5) Horse must leave class (known)
6) Narratives e.g. horse's last start, driver/trainer/owner record. (Known and Unknown)
7) Horse received pre-race and vet work (Unknown)
8 ) Quid pro quo e.g. driver has been promised something (other than money) for a favorable finish (unknown)

Any others that I'm missing here? Doesn't have to be something that is likely, just possible. Doesn't have to be something that could be known to the public but those examples are preferred.

Powerful Patricks Ghost

it doesn't matter there racing for to much money the slot money should go to the fan not the thieving motherfu--- trainer driver lets give back to the slot 95 back pay back instead giving these crooks that money its disgusting or to roads or education youll still have raceing trainers put up the purse then they can fuck each other like in the day

This isn't helpful in the last but thanks?

AGUA CALIENTE

• Elite
  • Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing.
I used to bet for them to get a half assed try out of them.

Jctoronto

• Stakes Horse
Many years ago..and probably true today..jockeys getting 100 dollar win tickets slid into boot by trainer or owner..'riders up'

like aqua caliente, youd think that incentive thing would help the cause

caddy

• Stakes Horse
  • vienerschnitzel
it doesn't matter there racing for to much money the slot money should go to the fan not the thieving motherfu--- trainer driver lets give back to the slot 95 back pay back instead giving these crooks that money its disgusting or to roads or education youll still have raceing trainers put up the purse then they can fuck each other like in the day

you're overgeneralyzing - there might be a few sneaks in the paddocks - but, there are a lot of above board trainers and honest drivers trying their best. 

Mbdreamer

• Open / FFA
When the driver announces to a few of us railbirds as he turns for the gate, “I think I can win this race,” wins at north of 10-1, and as he comes back to the winner’s circle says, “I told you so!”  This actually happened earlier this month at Ppk, and I was smart enough to have a ticket.  He shall remain anonymous!

Claimed Again

What would you say are important factors, either known or unknown to public, whether driver will give a maximum effort to win?

1) Race has been fixed (Unknown)

Specifically define "fixed" Does that mean they are all in on it? There are usually a few in the race that are not part of the "clique"

Not a terrible idea to tip the driver, done it. Not all the time, but if your horses is ripping it up week after week. I know with Julie Krone, the accepted procedure was a $50 Win bet.

Superfecta

• Elite
When the driver's wife or girl friend is hanging near the winner's circle, bet and don't be shy.

Low Groove

• Open / FFA
Steve Smith off, anyone else on

Jctoronto

• Stakes Horse
Lore at Greenwood Raceway late 80s...condren used to drive a couple of greek owners.....when owner and fam and friends there in clubhouse, owner WASNT there to celebrate loss.....go hard.....
--and of course nothing when clubhouse empty

toothman

• Stakes Horse
When, during the post parade, the driver points to himself and mouths the words "bet on me!"

toothman

• Stakes Horse
Driver changes used to be HUUUUUUGE

Fatboy

• Living Legend
WHEN HE PASSES BLACK BOX

Powerful Patricks Ghost

Specifically define "fixed" Does that mean they are all in on it? There are usually a few in the race that are not part of the "clique"

Not a terrible idea to tip the driver, done it. Not all the time, but if your horses is ripping it up week after week. I know with Julie Krone, the accepted procedure was a $50 Win bet.

For the sake of the thread I'm using a pretty loose definition. Classic example would be everyone is in on it. Probably the rarest and hardest to do. Most common (I'd imagine) is one major favorite going dead.  Purpose of the thread was to gather what people perceive as getting a winning steer.

So far, personally paying the driver in the form of a wager or tip seems to be the  most suggested outcome. Followed by incentives from connections (owner's family being at the track). 

Nothing that can really be publicly known so far.

slimshady

If the driver warms up after the post parade like they have been shot out of a gun, I believe you can expect that horse to be leaving a ton.

If a win will move a horse up in class its next start and it has no chance of winning at that class, I'm not betting it to win this week. 

If a trainer with an excellent chemist for a vet claims a horse or is given a horse that is competitive, but just doesn't have good enough closing speed to be consistently good, bet it.   When the juice kicks in, that horse is going to have its best final quarter on record.     

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ, puttin Palestinians in their place.
    April 30, 2024, 09:25:33 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: The Original WIZ was the best.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:44 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Jerry is the new WIZ at the Ohio tracks.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:23 PM
  • Unclejerry: See you live opening night at Scioto Downs May 8, Live Bets and real gambling
    April 27, 2024, 10:03:40 PM
  • Unclejerry: Egg on my face $22.20
    April 27, 2024, 09:35:17 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's your boob in race 6 waiting on price
    April 27, 2024, 09:32:14 PM
  • Unclejerry: Race 5 bet has been posted
    April 27, 2024, 08:58:28 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's going to be a price in Jerry's Thread Tonight !!!
    April 27, 2024, 08:49:13 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal