Author Topic: Thank you Braxton Boyd  (Read 2122 times)

seriously

• Stakes Horse
Thank you Braxton Boyd
« on: May 18, 2021, 02:17:41 PM »
Race 6 at Monticello is a great example of racing is suppose to be.

He parks the 1/5 favorite who should have been parked.  So many times these idiots concede everything and horses that could and should be beat win just because they are the favorite or driven by a driver that is allowed to get whatever they want.

If most of these guys had to actually drive a horse and figure things out instead of getting gigantic holes and favors, many win percentages would go down to around 5%.

So thanks Braxton....KEEP RACING!

titans1127

• Stakes Horse
Re: Thank you Braxton Boyd
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2021, 02:34:16 PM »
Yes I lost a dollar on the race singling the favorite in the pick 3 but the horse clearly to me had some type of equipment issue.

seriously

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2021, 06:53:23 PM »
I lost $20 in the race, but I would lose a lot more if in exchange we could get drivers that drive.  Honestly, I don't think 95% of these guys have any clue and merely win because of the concessions of modern racing.   

Tim Tetrick said the quiet part out loud a long time ago...."we have to help each other out there"   I'll never forget that when I heard it.  He was not referring to...in dangerous situations be careful and courteous.   He was referring to an odds on horse getting run at by a long shot.  Giving a hole.  Allowing a soft fraction. 

Every time an odds on favorite driven by a "star" gets parked by a "lesser" an angel gets its wings...or at minimum I am very happy!

Mr.Turnpike

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2021, 07:09:13 PM »
I lost $20 in the race, but I would lose a lot more if in exchange we could get drivers that drive.  Honestly, I don't think 95% of these guys have any clue and merely win because of the concessions of modern racing.   

Tim Tetrick said the quiet part out loud a long time ago...."we have to help each other out there"   I'll never forget that when I heard it.  He was not referring to...in dangerous situations be careful and courteous.   He was referring to an odds on horse getting run at by a long shot.  Giving a hole.  Allowing a soft fraction. 

Every time an odds on favorite driven by a "star" gets parked by a "lesser" an angel gets its wings...or at minimum I am very happy!

Easy now he parked Jim Taggert jr not exactly what I’d consider a “star”

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Frank the Zipper: it comes in handy
    May 16, 2024, 02:49:07 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: No do explain...
    May 16, 2024, 11:48:54 AM
  • Frank the Zipper: Have you tried Whackenal in the handy 16 ozcan?
    May 16, 2024, 08:36:36 AM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Still say Noxema is the best for tug time.
    May 15, 2024, 07:13:14 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: I like how it feels between my toes and ass cheeks. way better than desenex, or prep H
    May 15, 2024, 05:04:31 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Never tried it for that purpose. Will give it a try!
    May 15, 2024, 05:00:44 PM
  • Frank the Zipper: Vicks Vapor Rub is a great slipping cream
    May 14, 2024, 05:43:11 PM
  • The Thorn: Damn, You'all sound like a bunch of pussies.  Go smell some flowers and report back
    May 14, 2024, 12:41:19 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal