Author Topic: Epogen is alive and well  (Read 10716 times)

chief yogi

• Stakes Horse
Re: Epogen is alive and well
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2021, 07:50:14 PM »
the thing about all this that makes me so sad is i have been in maine racing my whole life. the few honest people are just going away. i never thought racing would die before me.
   a few comments back wanted the story on bo. last fall he brought up a couple horses to race. he was present that day. somehow some way the horses ran in the wrong races. so he won the wrong race with the wrong horse. as far as i know he appealed and then postponed his zoom hearing. yet he came over from the paddock in the starting gate to get a picture taken with his son the last race yesterday. seems to me he should have had his hearing before any license from maine was issued.
   so on a whole i believe that until the commission/state starts enforcing rules they are where the blame should start.
   last saturday, a horse so lame he could barely walk ends up winning parked the whole mile by a rival he dueled with. hay oats and water im sure. the sad story goes on. the handle goes down.

Locked in with pace

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2021, 07:13:03 AM »
 These " leading trainers" are winning at rates that are far far from the norm.

If Cumberland fails, so do any future plans for a new track. Nuff said.

zeldahorse

• NW-1
« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2021, 09:21:02 AM »
Any positives so far this month?

chief yogi

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2021, 12:19:32 PM »
cumberlands failed. no new track. cumberlands done end of july.  fair will be only racing at cumberland.
as for trainer win percentages butterfield off the charts. the others are shuffling horses between different names and back so numbers lie on their stats. there have been many horses coming off a real flat race that not only jog to a win but instead of being a 5-1 range odds like their form shows the last jump and their 3-5.
positives right, rumor has their is but somehow nothings been announced.

funny another of my posts disapeared. i wonder did cumberlands management team buy this forum? seems like any truth thats not positive gets deleted. just like a month ago the maine/planridge topic disapeard.

im only saying what i see. i personally want maine to thrive so i can race right at home. the truth hurts i guess.

Wendall Tilley

• Open / FFA
« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2021, 05:22:49 PM »
2 high gas positives. you won't be surprised who they are.

zeldahorse

• NW-1
« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2021, 06:01:10 PM »
I heard a total of three, two high gas and one "OTHER"  Pretty certain the OTHER is being swept under the rug as we speak.

Capt Lou

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2021, 06:15:45 PM »
2 for one person.  They are gonna prosecute 2 for price of one

chief yogi

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2021, 06:30:06 PM »
calm down everyone. this is maine. if anything gets done it will be at the guilty parties choice. when maine no longer has harness racing then the commission will issue suspensions from racing in only maine.   saw mr jennings at home depot buying a broom bigger than i ever saw. then over at carpet depot. maybe it will be taken care of sooner.

the double

• 4 claimer
« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2021, 08:53:09 PM »
The MHHA should bear some responsibility and provide leadership to its members

chief yogi

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2021, 09:47:01 AM »
mhha is part of problem. everyone is but the honest{what few} people if they say something no one with athority cares. been that way for years. the gas is the problem now. years ago yes but not as much. back in time you could actually handicap races in maine. i can think back about 22 years ago to what i though was the begining to the end. a questionable race. couple drivers even admitted it, 30 days for lack of effort. that to me showed that something major as a fixed race and you get told to sit in a corner like a 2nd grader. now its gas and go. looking at just cumberland i dont think more than 1 race a day is won on hay oats and water. horrible product and no ones betting it,  someone remember to shut the lights out on your way home.

the double

• 4 claimer
« Reply #40 on: May 28, 2021, 02:18:23 PM »
your reply says a lot about MHHA leadership

Wendall Tilley

• Open / FFA
« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2021, 07:38:22 PM »
I suppose these positives are the Commissions fault or the judges or ralph's fault right, WRONG. Maybe cumby will toss the offenders and set a precedent.But then the assoc would probably defend them.

chief yogi

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2021, 07:58:11 PM »
while the commission is not the ones gasing up horses, they as the rule makers/enforcers are at fault for letting all the shit go on. judges hands are tied by commission actions. ralaph is a judge now so whos even blameing him? its pretty simple. nothings being done to rule breakers. sure we get fines for feet out of sturrup but positive tests should be dealt with. appeal is a right but appeals should be held asap not whenever the horsemen feel like it.
   if the commission suspended the guilty people and stopped the shit of horses racing with a different trainer listed every week things would change. how about fines starting at $5000.00 . we know who the biggest rule breakers are. make the fines double for each offense. if someones been caught are you going to keep cheating for 4000 purses when knowing your next fine is 10 or 20 grand?
   rule changes maybe. start suspending owners. set horses testing positive down for 90 days.
bangors handle has been good and we need cumberlands to grow or they will be done. utr's of 600 and phony form reversals dont help the industry.

joemomma

• Elite
« Reply #43 on: May 29, 2021, 12:14:04 AM »
They still race in maine? I thought skunkjunk downs got ripped down.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Frank the Zipper: Noxema gives me a soothing rush
    May 12, 2024, 01:08:57 PM
  • SwankToliverA: Wouldn't know, never had a need for it
    May 12, 2024, 12:12:11 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Yes it still offers that same cool sensation.
    May 12, 2024, 09:49:40 AM
  • SwankToliverA: Rooster- ppl still use Noxzema?
    May 11, 2024, 03:34:17 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Nothing a cold hand an Noxema can't cure.
    May 09, 2024, 09:11:36 PM
  • Indian24: Damn those sound just like sun blisters my bad good thing
    May 07, 2024, 03:59:33 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: They keep popping and my backs getting wet.
    May 07, 2024, 09:38:10 AM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Oh the agony of these little pustules
    May 07, 2024, 09:09:09 AM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal