Author Topic: It's My Show no show in Bluegrass - Confederate (Tetrick) in first division of 3  (Read 2513 times)

White Rabbit

• Open / FFA
Bowden has already proven he doesn't care about purse money but I was just kind of making a joke about the ducking issue.  As for Chris Page I think with all the entries Diamond Creek has coming into Hoosier, there will probably be driver conflicts so why not set something up now. Another possibility is they are thinking of moving him to another stable next year and Burke would probably be interested as he doesn't have a ton of FFA's and would respect Page's opinion.
Or how about they were displeased with the Jug driver

White Rabbit

• Open / FFA
No way is he better than Confederate IMO.

Too much speed, would go past It's My Show like he was tied to the pylons LOL
He didn’t get bye in The NA Cup

Fuguzzi

• Elite
He didn’t get bye in The NA Cup
Wanna remain cordial, ( friends too hopefully ) so I am not gonna take the bait.

White Rabbit

• Open / FFA
Wanna remain cordial, ( friends too hopefully ) so I am not gonna take the bait.
There’s no bait to take. He didn’t get by him the cup.
The race Saturday is a mild group so Confederate has zero excuse. Hopefully they will all meet in the BC final and the king will be declared.

Fuguzzi

• Elite
There’s no bait to take. He didn’t get by him the cup.
The race Saturday is a mild group so Confederate has zero excuse. Hopefully they will all meet in the BC final and the king will be declared.
Yes, he didn't go by. He lost the NA Cup by the fastest diminishing head I have ever seen. Confederate last 1/4 in 26   IMS 27   Only blemish this year. If this is what Mr. Young is hanging his hat on to say IMS is better than Confederate, God Bless him. I don't do Facebook and not starting an account just to read his ramblings. Owners don't normally talk like he does. Win with class/lose with class.

White Rabbit

• Open / FFA
I have no clue where he hangs his hat. But I think that’s the only time the two have meet

Fuguzzi

• Elite
I have no clue where he hangs his hat. But I think that’s the only time the two have meet
thats right.

The Thorn

• Stakes Horse
Or how about they were displeased with the Jug driver
If they were displeased with Gingras drive on Cannibal then why is he still driving him?

Fuguzzi

• Elite
Agreed. They should have faced each other 4 or 5 times. That's how it used to be. Diamond Creek - breeding before racing. i get it. It's business.

winky

• 4 claimer
they have been saying that for years...

yet prices and stakes purses going higher and higher ...

Jug $1 Million

Metro $970,000

Yearling prices off the charts

Fuguzzi

• Elite
It is also bad for the future of the sport/industry. Confederate has not been very visible to people outside the industry. Now the biggest day at Lexington and he will nowhere to be seen. When the government subsidies go away, the breeding values will plummet.
tmbz1

JIDGE

• Open / FFA
It is also bad for the future of the sport/industry. Confederate has not been very visible to people outside the industry. Now the biggest day at Lexington and he will nowhere to be seen. When the government subsidies go away, the breeding values will plummet.

He's very visible -- he's in the Bluegrass on Saturday at Lexington and he'll probably return the following Saturday in the Tattersalls, then on to Indiana.

Brown jug

• Elite
harness racing demise has been predicted for many years
but here we are with purses and yearling sales at all time highs

The Thorn

• Stakes Horse
they have been saying that for years...

yet prices and stakes purses going higher and higher ...

Jug $1 Million

Metro $970,000

Yearling prices off the charts
Do your homework before posting.  The purse for the Metro was a million or more between 2001 and 2012.

The Meadowlands Pace purse was 668,000, the third lowest since the race started and even lower than in 1979 when Sonsam won and the purse was 750,000

The Jug was an anomaly they wanted to make a statement this year. 

When you look at the value of todays money vs then,  purses are down in value as well as numbers.

Fuguzzi

• Elite
Do your homework before posting.  The purse for the Metro was a million or more between 2001 and 2012.

The Meadowlands Pace purse was 668,000, the third lowest since the race started and even lower than in 1979 when Sonsam won and the purse was 750,000

The Jug was an anomaly they wanted to make a statement this year. 

When you look at the value of todays money vs then,  purses are down in value as well as numbers.
Balls on accurate    Woodrow Wilson used to go for 2 million or more   Yr had that race for young horses, the Lawrence b Sheppard and they had the Cane, the Yonkers Trot, Hudson Filly Tro,t Dexter Cup.I think Ceraso won the Sheppard with a small colt named  June's Baby one year. Went for like $660,000   All those races went for big money in the days it was worth more.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ, puttin Palestinians in their place.
    April 30, 2024, 09:25:33 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: The Original WIZ was the best.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:44 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Jerry is the new WIZ at the Ohio tracks.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:23 PM
  • Unclejerry: See you live opening night at Scioto Downs May 8, Live Bets and real gambling
    April 27, 2024, 10:03:40 PM
  • Unclejerry: Egg on my face $22.20
    April 27, 2024, 09:35:17 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's your boob in race 6 waiting on price
    April 27, 2024, 09:32:14 PM
  • Unclejerry: Race 5 bet has been posted
    April 27, 2024, 08:58:28 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's going to be a price in Jerry's Thread Tonight !!!
    April 27, 2024, 08:49:13 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal