Author Topic: Lance Armstrong and EPO  (Read 1549 times)

NatHillIV

• NW-1
Lance Armstrong and EPO
« on: December 14, 2023, 10:49:52 AM »
https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/other/lance-armstrong-reveals-how-he-passed-drugs-tests-to-win-seven-tour-de-france-titles/ar-AA1luVlW?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=2d3f472cf3c54a3088829235b4aeb56c&ei=140

"“You would foil the system,“ Armstrong said. “What I always said, and I’m not trying to justify what I said as something I would want to repeat again, but one of the lines was, ‘I’ve been tested 500 times and I’ve never failed a drug test’.
“That’s not a lie. That’s the truth. There was no way around the test. When I pissed in the cup and they tested the piss in the cup, it passed. Now, the reality and the truth of all of this is, some of these substances, primarily the one that is the most beneficial, has a four-hour half-life. So certain substances, whether it be cannabis or anabolics, or whatever, have much longer half-lives.
“You could smoke that joint and go to work driving your tractor [and] in two weeks test positive, because the half-life is much longer. With EPO, which was the rocket fuel that changed not just our sport but every endurance sport, you have a four-hour half-life, so it leaves the body very quickly. With a four-hour half-life, you can just do the math.”

JOHN FRANK

• Elite
Re: Lance Armstrong and EPO
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2023, 07:26:32 PM »
Interestin. I once knew the guy who set bicycle records goin cross-country. Quite the athlete. He used to peddle 200 miles a day. Quite astoundin. I mean he set cross country from LA to NY. NY to LA. I gets he had a team for these ventures. He was remarkable though. Honest too. He went faster than I could drive. Although I took a lot of sides to observe nature and views. Gives me a minute and I will recall his name. Back in day he be famous.

JOHN FRANK

• Elite
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2023, 07:55:12 PM »
I'M back. LON HALDEMAN. be his name. Met him when me be a runner. Guy was unbelievable. Crossed USA in under 10 days. When I talked to him acouple times. I had to re-iterate,ME A RUNNER and yousse SHITS blazin by sayin ,RIGHT or LEFT. But I will say again: THAT GUY was the greatest. Can I absoultly say NO DRUGS were involved. Questionable as nobody tested this long distance cross-country at time. Maybe their was. Doin this in under 10 days is again remarkable.

JOHN FRANK

• Elite
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2023, 08:29:04 PM »
One last thin. LON lived in either HARVARD or HEBRON the northern most part of ILLINOIS. And he worked in downtown CHICAGO. And he bicycled back and forth everyday. And dependindin on daylight he would return home and do another hondo. Here the thin. You people need to get it. Your constant SHIT about every trainer,owner ,fat boy driver is old NEWS. It time you reflect on your own tired ASS doin nuttin lifes. Maybe the topic should be: WHAT YOU FAT SLOP LOSERS enjoy EATIN.

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2023, 09:16:05 PM »
I'm too tired to look up what country it was but I remember years ago some cycling team in the Olympics broke every record out there and won a bunch of medals and eventually years later it was discovered that they were all using EPO. The kicker to the story is 5 out of the 6 members of the team never saw their 40th birthday. I believe they all ended up with liver and kidney issues but hey, they got gold medals!!

talkstohisself

• Top Claimer
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2023, 09:48:02 PM »
 I read a article awhile back that during the time armstrong was racing they had to go six deep to find someone clean

JOHN FRANK

• Elite
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2023, 10:02:23 AM »
I was a decent road race runner from the age of 31-43. Never used any drugs to enhance. Would not have tried usin COKE or other ampetamines since I quit that shit at 29. And besides that a good way to have your heart explode racin full blast. In me day there be a thin called BLOOD DOPIN. Not sure if that the same as EPO. LON did have a entourage follow behind him. And one was a gigantic molbile home. And he did take some rest stops although they were few and far between. He did not sleep much at any one time. That in itself suggests somethin goin on. And I'M not sure blood dopin was illegal at time and still not sure how it done. I knows you takin fresh blood that you had withdrawn previously from your system and then transfuse it at the current time. But I do not understand how much blood can one have in system. Do you have to drain some and then transfuse. Anyhow in his instance I'm sure he had a medical team in the mobile home. And I believe he still alive and not dead from his excursions. And I still say: Goin cross-country in under 10 days is REMARKABLE. Even if he were on drugs and his heart came thru it all. Never found out it took to recuperate from those trips.

FirstUpFrom8Hole

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2023, 01:35:53 PM »
Lon is 65 and still chugging along. I believe his wife was the first woman to also cross the country on a bike in under 10 days. Quite a feat

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Calhoun: Bos-Tor .. G7 .. O6 .. IYKYK
    May 04, 2024, 08:00:06 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ, puttin Palestinians in their place.
    April 30, 2024, 09:25:33 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: The Original WIZ was the best.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:44 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Jerry is the new WIZ at the Ohio tracks.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:23 PM
  • Unclejerry: See you live opening night at Scioto Downs May 8, Live Bets and real gambling
    April 27, 2024, 10:03:40 PM
  • Unclejerry: Egg on my face $22.20
    April 27, 2024, 09:35:17 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's your boob in race 6 waiting on price
    April 27, 2024, 09:32:14 PM
  • Unclejerry: Race 5 bet has been posted
    April 27, 2024, 08:58:28 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal