Author Topic: Heard today that Stanley Dancer was a drug addict  (Read 5373 times)

TheGrimReaper

• Stakes Horse
Re: Heard today that Stanley Dancer was a drug addict
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2019, 06:32:12 PM »
Corruption and race fixing has been a staple in harness racing since the farmers raced after church for bragging rights. What made harness racing popular was it's legalized gambling. It was the only choice many had to place a wager.
Today , it is literally one of 100 way's to make a bet.

Why harness racing is a best marginalized gambling today.....great simple synopsis
THE INDUSTRY'S DEAD

the master

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2019, 07:14:47 AM »
Stanley had a biting personality and was really not a very nice fellow! Very selfish!

zoot

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2019, 10:19:33 AM »
Stanley tortured his son Ronnie. Ronnie didn't like the pressure of driving in races. im not sure if he was afraid or just didn't like the pressure of going for big money purses. in any event, he wasn't very good at it the owners didn't want him to drive their horses but Stanley insisted. it caused a lot of static and eventually Ronnie just quit the business and distance himself completely. he was a decent guy.

that whole operation was like a soap opera. Stanley was the king, Rachel the queen, with Ronnie the prince and shalee the princess. joe Weideman the loyal surf worked for Stanley for 25 years caring for the best in the barn including nevele pride and many more.(nevele pride was a rotten bastard and actually bit one of joe's fingers off) frankie Albertson and clint warrington ran around undermining each other in the eyes of the king trying to gain his favor. from the outside the farm in new Egypt looked like a kingdom.....but there was never a dull moment.

Fatboy

• Living Legend
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2019, 10:31:00 AM »
NOT MANY SKILLETS IN THE SHED

Calhoun

• Elite
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2019, 01:39:00 PM »
I remember sitting out the backstretch at Greenwood after one Grand Circuit night with Bill Wellwood, Glen Garnsey and a news paper reporter wanted to interview Stanley Dancer. Dancer was a real prick to the reporter and I remember saying to Wellwood and Garnsey that I thought he was being a prick to the reporter and Garnsey said that's just Stanley being Stanley. Though that was the only time I have to agree with those who say he was a prick he was one.
I gotta call Bullshit on this, Tim.

Fatboy

• Living Legend
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2019, 01:48:20 PM »
I gotta call Bullshit on this, Tim.

NOT BULLSHIT WHEN YOU PEEKED IN DANCERS TRASHCAN OUTSIDE THE SHED AND 50 EMPTY BOXES OF EQUIPOISE WERE INSIDE....NEXT TO SHED FULL OF 2YR OLDS
TIM DONT EVEN KNOW THIS

Calhoun

• Elite
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2019, 01:54:36 PM »
NOT BULLSHIT WHEN YOU PEEKED IN DANCERS TRASHCAN OUTSIDE THE SHED AND 50 EMPTY BOXES OF EQUIPOISE WERE INSIDE....NEXT TO SHED FULL OF 2YR OLDS
TIM DONT EVEN KNOW THIS
I'll ask Tim again as soon as he gets back from the Megan Markle baby shower.

Fatboy

• Living Legend
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2019, 01:55:27 PM »
I'll ask Tim again as soon as he gets back from the Megan Markle baby shower.

ZOOT KNOWS

Calhoun

• Elite
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2019, 01:58:10 PM »
ZOOT KNOWS
Much respect the Zoot.  tmbz1

Bernie Madoff

• Elite
  • In the beginning, man created"god".
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2019, 01:59:49 PM »
He who laughs last, laughs best.

Fatboy

• Living Legend
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2019, 02:10:28 PM »
Much respect the Zoot.  tmbz1

He knows we all treated the 2yr olds with 'roids.  They came from the farms jacked up. Thats how they sold "great looking" yearlings. And thats how we got them on the bit. Th guys I worked for did everything Dancer did. They were in fact, family.

butch

• NW-1
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2019, 02:32:18 PM »
Stanley tortured his son Ronnie. Ronnie didn't like the pressure of driving in races. im not sure if he was afraid or just didn't like the pressure of going for big money purses. in any event, he wasn't very good at it the owners didn't want him to drive their horses but Stanley insisted. it caused a lot of static and eventually Ronnie just quit the business and distance himself completely. he was a decent guy.

that whole operation was like a soap opera. Stanley was the king, Rachel the queen, with Ronnie the prince and shalee the princess. joe Weideman the loyal surf worked for Stanley for 25 years caring for the best in the barn including nevele pride and many more.(nevele pride was a rotten bastard and actually bit one of joe's fingers off) frankie Albertson and clint warrington ran around undermining each other in the eyes of the king trying to gain his favor. from the outside the farm in new Egypt looked like a kingdom.....but there was never a dull moment.

way back when, when I thought I could be a little something in the business, I got the chance to be at the big M with a couple of cheap skins. one night in the paddock I was  checking equipment on the horse I was paddocking and one of Dancers steeds was in the stall next to me. the groom actually had a bottle of wax and was waxing the wheel disks on dancers bike. I looked over at him and made some kind of comment like , boy that's taking it to the extreme, he said yeah that's what this asshole has us doing between races. now our equipment always looked clean when we went to the races, but for christ sake . don't know what he paid his grooms for paddocking, but the kid said that stan was a no good prick.......just sayin

Fatboy

• Living Legend
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2019, 02:55:47 PM »
way back when, when I thought I could be a little something in the business, I got the chance to be at the big M with a couple of cheap skins. one night in the paddock I was  checking equipment on the horse I was paddocking and one of Dancers steeds was in the stall next to me. the groom actually had a bottle of wax and was waxing the wheel disks on dancers bike. I looked over at him and made some kind of comment like , boy that's taking it to the extreme, he said yeah that's what this asshole has us doing between races. now our equipment always looked clean when we went to the races, but for christ sake . don't know what he paid his grooms for paddocking, but the kid said that stan was a no good prick.......just sayin

R FARRINGTON SHED ANOTHER SPIT AND POLISH OUTFIT...TOTAL JOKE
WAXED TRUNKS, BRASSO POLISHED HALTERS, PAINTED RAKES/BROOMS/FORKS
AWNING...PLANTS EVERYWHERE...PLAQ UES WITH BREEDING AND NAMES ALL OVER THE PLACE
HAD A BARN FULL OF WARM BREEZE NICKLE PRICKS WHEN I SAW THIS ngc3 ngc3 ngc3

JOHN FRANK

• Elite
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2019, 09:53:58 PM »
DANCER is a ADDICT.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Calhoun: Bos-Tor .. G7 .. O6 .. IYKYK
    May 04, 2024, 08:00:06 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ, puttin Palestinians in their place.
    April 30, 2024, 09:25:33 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: The Original WIZ was the best.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:44 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Jerry is the new WIZ at the Ohio tracks.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:23 PM
  • Unclejerry: See you live opening night at Scioto Downs May 8, Live Bets and real gambling
    April 27, 2024, 10:03:40 PM
  • Unclejerry: Egg on my face $22.20
    April 27, 2024, 09:35:17 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's your boob in race 6 waiting on price
    April 27, 2024, 09:32:14 PM
  • Unclejerry: Race 5 bet has been posted
    April 27, 2024, 08:58:28 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal