Author Topic: Question for those in the Know  (Read 3313 times)

TimTimTimbo

• Stakes Horse
Question for those in the Know
« on: August 14, 2018, 07:07:54 PM »
How much does it cost to have a well bred trotter staked to all the good races and would $6,000 a month cover most if not all the regular training and vet expenses.  Would I be right in assuming that it takes close to $80 to $100 Grand a year to race a decent horse on the circuit.

Thx

PIGLAND

• Living Legend
Re: Question for those in the Know
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2018, 07:09:32 PM »
most trainers are not gonna let you make more money than them on a good horse

Equus Caballus

• Elite
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2018, 07:10:26 PM »
How much does it cost to have a well bred trotter staked to all the good races and would $6,000 a month cover most if not all the regular training and vet expenses.  Would I be right in assuming that it takes close to $80 to $100 Grand a year to race a decent horse on the circuit.

Thx

depends which gasser.... i mean trainer you pick

LUCPARK

• Living Legend
  • HES A GOOD GUY ,FAMILY MAN AND A CHRISTIAN
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2018, 07:25:36 PM »
How much does it cost to have a well bred trotter staked to all the good races and would $6,000 a month cover most if not all the regular training and vet expenses.  Would I be right in assuming that it takes close to $80 to $100 Grand a year to race a decent horse on the circuit.

Thx

pacer side,,

it takes about 130 to 140 grand..A YR

..good horse assumin price around 65 to 70 at yearlin sale ,,

takes 10 months of training basED it on the lexington saLE OR HOOSIER SALE,,FOR DATE
 ,,about 19k in stakes IF U STAKE HIM IN BIG ONES ,,,payments,,,plus vet bills ,,,

then u have to make the track let alone be a stakes horse ,,

plus,,entries for every event in stakes calender

well over 130k  a yr on the average..
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 07:29:52 PM by LUCPARK »
REAL AMERICANS DONT TAKE A KNEE

Equus Caballus

• Elite
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2018, 07:34:30 PM »
pacer side,,

it takes about 130 to 140 grand..A YR

..good horse assumin price around 65 to 70 at yearlin sale ,,

takes 10 months of training basED it on the lexington saLE OR HOOSIER SALE,,FOR DATE
 ,,about 19k in stakes IF U STAKE HIM IN BIG ONES ,,,payments,,,plus vet bills ,,,

then u have to make the track let alone be a stakes horse ,,

plus,,entries for every event in stakes calender

well over 130k  a yr on the average..

cant include price of horse

that isnt a sunk cost

LUCPARK

• Living Legend
  • HES A GOOD GUY ,FAMILY MAN AND A CHRISTIAN
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2018, 07:36:13 PM »

that isnt a sunk cost
MY SHOES START SINKIN AT THE SALE,,

IM SHORT I SINK FAST ... tmbz1 ;D ;D

in my book it starts with cost of horse then work your way down,, from beginin to end...

IM 95k INTO FRAMED,,u want him. ;D ;D

« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 07:41:30 PM by LUCPARK »
REAL AMERICANS DONT TAKE A KNEE

Fatboy

• Living Legend
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2018, 07:44:27 PM »
most trainers are not gonna let you make more money than them on a good horse

OH FUCK NO!!!! ngc3

Fatboy

• Living Legend
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2018, 07:45:50 PM »

that isnt a sunk cost

ITS SUNK IF HEZ A NICKLE PRICK

comeonman

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2018, 07:51:34 PM »
stake payments early on are reasonally cheap. I use chapman staking service . they are very good. 6k a month is way to high.  that's plenty

stanetelman

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2018, 07:58:19 PM »
stake payments early on are reasonally cheap. I use chapman staking service . they are very good. 6k a month is way to high.  that's plenty

He was talking about vet, training and stakes payments combined.!  $6 grand a month is about right.

comeonman

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2018, 08:22:30 PM »
I understand. More like 4000. At most. Maybe hambo like 500 early on. That's one time payment .etc

FreeBA

• Elite
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2018, 08:36:23 PM »
Cant you fuckwads read? it said for those in the know, and besides myself and the last couple of posters to respond, all you other fucking idiots are definitely not in the fucking know. In fact, pigfuck and his buddies are borderline fucking illiterate.

PIGLAND

• Living Legend
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2018, 08:53:15 PM »
Cant you fuckwads read? it said for those in the know, and besides myself and the last couple of posters to respond, all you other fucking idiots are definitely not in the fucking know. In fact, pigfuck and his buddies are borderline fucking illiterate.
joe ,stop before

horses first

• Elite
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2018, 09:03:06 PM »
Poster is talking GC which means the whole boat at 2 plus whatever sire stake payments and crossover stakes just in case your not GC material come late July and Aug. Nobody has mentioned entry fees on top of those payments if said horse is decent enough to race. If he has a top trainer, stall rent, say three races a month starting in July your close to 3k. Now those few races your always shipping, you have your vet work, a entry fee no matter if it's a cheaper stallion race, or a sire or more if it's GC. That doesn't mention any of the small little add  on's that get tacked onto that bill. Those stake payments from Mar to May on two yr olds get expensive. If BC those start in Feb and are four payments. Your easily at 6k month when the horse is racing. If it's good.

If it's good then expect that three year old season to be higher and those entry fees to be really high and those stake payments starting in Feb. Expect more races, more paddocking, more shipping and well they vet bills because these things aren't machines. I'm sure these horses get tapped more then your regular Vegas streetwalker.

Just be ready to cut the cord if nothing's working. It will save you down the road. Bail if the horse can't win out of a nw 2 or 3 condition. You'll be amazed as a three year old it's still 5k a month to race that horse.

PIGLAND

• Living Legend
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2018, 10:13:04 PM »
Poster is talking GC which means the whole boat at 2 plus whatever sire stake payments and crossover stakes just in case your not GC material come late July and Aug. Nobody has mentioned entry fees on top of those payments if said horse is decent enough to race. If he has a top trainer, stall rent, say three races a month starting in July your close to 3k. Now those few races your always shipping, you have your vet work, a entry fee no matter if it's a cheaper stallion race, or a sire or more if it's GC. That doesn't mention any of the small little add  on's that get tacked onto that bill. Those stake payments from Mar to May on two yr olds get expensive. If BC those start in Feb and are four payments. Your easily at 6k month when the horse is racing. If it's good.

If it's good then expect that three year old season to be higher and those entry fees to be really high and those stake payments starting in Feb. Expect more races, more paddocking, more shipping and well they vet bills because these things aren't machines. I'm sure these horses get tapped more then your regular Vegas streetwalker.

Just be ready to cut the cord if nothing's working. It will save you down the road. Bail if the horse can't win out of a nw 2 or 3 condition. You'll be amazed as a three year old it's still 5k a month to race that horse.
dont forget your trainer will not let you profit more

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ, puttin Palestinians in their place.
    April 30, 2024, 09:25:33 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: The Original WIZ was the best.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:44 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Jerry is the new WIZ at the Ohio tracks.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:23 PM
  • Unclejerry: See you live opening night at Scioto Downs May 8, Live Bets and real gambling
    April 27, 2024, 10:03:40 PM
  • Unclejerry: Egg on my face $22.20
    April 27, 2024, 09:35:17 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's your boob in race 6 waiting on price
    April 27, 2024, 09:32:14 PM
  • Unclejerry: Race 5 bet has been posted
    April 27, 2024, 08:58:28 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's going to be a price in Jerry's Thread Tonight !!!
    April 27, 2024, 08:49:13 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal