Author Topic: "The USTA has long opposed the Horseracing Integrity & Safety Act (HISA)"  (Read 1251 times)

The Exporter

• Elite
Re: "The USTA has long opposed the Horseracing Integrity & Safety Act (HISA)"
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2024, 09:09:24 AM »
The USTA failed to tell you about the other 3 or 4 this Saint has pending. Jeremiah Englehart is the son of two of the hardest working thoroughbred people in the country.
 The USTA has it as Jeffery, not Jeremiah. These are Christian people who raced a horse they named Our God Reigns. It was there big money earner. I also recall, his mom who worked from before sunrise galloping all the horses in the barn then, poneying every race in the afternoon race card. She gave birth to Jeremiah and was back in the saddle before the end of the week.
 Now for the Jeremiah, he is much more aggressive and has had other Clem positives. He had another positive test in 2022  He also tested + for weed, himself. This was all over a span of 10 years. So, 2 years for a Clembuterol + in a horse that was out of competition is way to harsh. I don't know if the 2 years is mandated by guidelines but it is excessive when compared to the penalties of other + test. 
Going forward, maybe the stiff penalties is just what racing needs.
The USTA though, is showing it's panic by picking only the facts that support their position when using demagoguery to scare harness people of how bad the HISA act will be for them.

« Last Edit: February 02, 2024, 09:22:42 AM by The Exporter »

bond

• Elite
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2024, 10:36:15 AM »
The USTA failed to tell you about the other 3 or 4 this Saint has pending. Jeremiah Englehart is the son of two of the hardest working thoroughbred people in the country.
 The USTA has it as Jeffery, not Jeremiah. These are Christian people who raced a horse they named Our God Reigns. It was there big money earner. I also recall, his mom who worked from before sunrise galloping all the horses in the barn then, poneying every race in the afternoon race card. She gave birth to Jeremiah and was back in the saddle before the end of the week.
 Now for the Jeremiah, he is much more aggressive and has had other Clem positives. He had another positive test in 2022  He also tested + for weed, himself. This was all over a span of 10 years. So, 2 years for a Clembuterol + in a horse that was out of competition is way to harsh. I don't know if the 2 years is mandated by guidelines but it is excessive when compared to the penalties of other + test. 
Going forward, maybe the stiff penalties is just what racing needs.
The USTA though, is showing it's panic by picking only the facts that support their position when using demagoguery to scare harness people of how bad the HISA act will be for them.

Excellent points.
I have to question the "scapegoat" approach however. True harsh penalties are conducive to waking people up about PED's. IF you have only rules that tell you when you can administer treatments measured by blood and urine and NONE about hair sample testing--how can any trainer avoid these kind of positives?? If they are allowed at all then there should be rules--not a guessing game. Where are the rules published about withdrawal times for hair samples???

Grandstand Handicapper

• Open / FFA
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2024, 10:43:44 AM »
This incident is one of just another of the hundreds that are reflective of the real problem with the USTA. This is not uncommon when you have a body or organization that has no real governing power or authority. They have no enforcement capability. Yet they position themselves as if they do. They operate as if they are an industry leading organization. Take that and raise to the level of unilateral decision making, little to no transparency and accountability, we want, this is what should be, inherent conflicts of interest, and so on and so on. That's the USTA.

Mailbox Money

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2024, 11:59:12 AM »
The back story doesn't seem to carry a lot of weight with the HISA crowd! The old excuses like "We've always did that "&"Nobody told me " are absolutely meaningless now. The people who actually read the regulations and not just flip thru them, will have a leg up on the competition for the long haul!

The Exporter

• Elite
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2024, 12:17:31 PM »
Excellent points.
I have to question the "scapegoat" approach however. True harsh penalties are conducive to waking people up about PED's. IF you have only rules that tell you when you can administer treatments measured by blood and urine and NONE about hair sample testing--how can any trainer avoid these kind of positives?? If they are allowed at all then there should be rules--not a guessing game. Where are the rules published about withdrawal times for hair samples???
Great question. How can I be held responsible for what someone else did 4 months ago. This will need to be debated and an alternative must be put in place.

Generation XYZ

• Elite
  • HARNESS RACING IS DEAD, CALL THE CORONER!
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2024, 09:11:50 PM »
USTA deserves to get HISA shoved up they're asses like a bad night for Russell Williams during a pile up.
Pay to Play, Play to Win!

theokodjak26

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2024, 09:57:40 PM »
USTA deserves to get HISA shoved up they're asses like a bad night for Russell Williams during a pile up.
tmbz1 tmbz1 tmbz1

kiwijam

• 4 claimer
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2024, 10:39:41 PM »
HISA has nothing to do with integrity as they will never go after the real problem with racing, the crooked drivers and jockeys who influence races more than any drug a trainer uses

IL guy is retired

• Stakes Horse
  • horses make the humans not the other way around
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2024, 04:11:09 PM »
HISA will do nothing but make the game even worse than it has ever been. Remember when golf decided it needed to "Tiger proof" the courses? All that did was give him more of an advantage. In this instance, the USTA is correct, and how those in the TBreds bent over and took this right up their collective asses is beyond me. Medication rules need to be consistent, as do the punishments, not who got them and with what owners. Im out of the game now but this is a part of the reason why.
Horses make the humans, not the other way around.

Generation XYZ

• Elite
  • HARNESS RACING IS DEAD, CALL THE CORONER!
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2024, 10:42:54 PM »
HISA will do nothing but make the game even worse than it has ever been. Remember when golf decided it needed to "Tiger proof" the courses? All that did was give him more of an advantage. In this instance, the USTA is correct, and how those in the TBreds bent over and took this right up their collective asses is beyond me. Medication rules need to be consistent, as do the punishments, not who got them and with what owners. Im out of the game now but this is a part of the reason why.

So says a guy that is in Ohio from Illinois...Need I expand on this for anyone else?
Pay to Play, Play to Win!

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ, puttin Palestinians in their place.
    April 30, 2024, 09:25:33 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: The Original WIZ was the best.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:44 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Jerry is the new WIZ at the Ohio tracks.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:23 PM
  • Unclejerry: See you live opening night at Scioto Downs May 8, Live Bets and real gambling
    April 27, 2024, 10:03:40 PM
  • Unclejerry: Egg on my face $22.20
    April 27, 2024, 09:35:17 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's your boob in race 6 waiting on price
    April 27, 2024, 09:32:14 PM
  • Unclejerry: Race 5 bet has been posted
    April 27, 2024, 08:58:28 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's going to be a price in Jerry's Thread Tonight !!!
    April 27, 2024, 08:49:13 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal