Author Topic: Who are the top handicappers on Horseplop?  (Read 1844 times)

PucksnHorses

• Stakes Horse
Who are the top handicappers on Horseplop?
« on: June 08, 2023, 02:26:03 PM »
With so much non harness talk on here lately, I thought I would see if we can turn this around a little. I would love to see more handicapping and betting threads instead of the nonsense. So who is your top handicapper on here? If you had 2 bucks left and needed a win, who would you want giving you that horse to bet?  Let's keep it positive and fun, no need to bash people who are not doing well right now. Of course handicapping and wagering are two different things, so you can also say who is your best bettor on here as well if you like, they may or may not be the same person. Thanks everyone, and remember it is all in fun.

rainman2

• Elite
Re: Who are the top handicappers on Horseplop?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2023, 02:29:42 PM »
With so much non harness talk on here lately, I thought I would see if we can turn this around a little. I would love to see more handicapping and betting threads instead of the nonsense. So who is your top handicapper on here? If you had 2 bucks left and needed a win, who would you want giving you that horse to bet?  Let's keep it positive and fun, no need to bash people who are not doing well right now. Of course handicapping and wagering are two different things, so you can also say who is your best bettor on here as well if you like, they may or may not be the same person. Thanks everyone, and remember it is all in fun.

Time to have a contest and find out!  A financial prize would be nice but 'bragging rights' can mean more to people.  The after effects could be the losers don't like the winners and things get out of control (OOPS, like that nothing new) on horseplop.

The Thorn

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2023, 02:37:34 PM »
Handicapping and Wagering are definitely two different things.  Fairly easy to handicap but with the small pools nowadays and most money coming in when you can't do anything wagering is hard.

Senator Blutarsky

• Elite
  • Part Human, Part Machine, Better Part Canine
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2023, 02:43:18 PM »

You, Superfecta, SAW, Hornby Duke, Uncle Jerry, The Thorn, BigSexyCA (Trainer lol)......not me, not now lol!    ;D
It's Official!

Yonkers1A

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2023, 02:46:45 PM »
I know a couple of guys on here. The #1 capper in my opinion is Pigland, I was with him at Vernon one day and he absolutely cleaned up

onabrake

• Open / FFA
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2023, 03:28:45 PM »
Goldsheet Bob, whiptherabbit a close second

Senator Blutarsky

• Elite
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2023, 03:33:11 PM »
This is a proposed Syndicate, just not glued together yet lol ngc3

Dink if it's a future wager, that dude got some great odds and came through.

Bello, who hates me over a joke that was a half a compliment, sure him as well, all great and proven out, but guts to put themselves out there regardless of the outcome. 
It's Official!

rainman2

• Elite
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2023, 03:37:12 PM »
I know a couple of guys on here. The #1 capper in my opinion is Pigland, I was with him at Vernon one day and he absolutely cleaned up

Can you please specify the decade??
1970’s
1980’s
1990’s
2000’s
2010’s
2020’s

Just so we know how much money were in the pools when this occurred!

SwankToliverA

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2023, 04:05:18 PM »
I prefer my own handicapping skills, to anyone else.
There's only one person who's opinion I even consider when I'm betting, Dennis Olszewski.

Superfecta

• Elite
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2023, 04:20:02 PM »
You, Superfecta, SAW, Hornby Duke, Uncle Jerry, The Thorn, BigSexyCA (Trainer lol)......not me, not now lol!    ;D

Thank you. I appreciate  the honorable mention.

Senator Blutarsky

• Elite
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2023, 04:34:51 PM »
Thank you. I appreciate  the honorable mention.

I was there when you went 11 / 14 at the BigM like 2-3 Saturdays ago!  Was a top mention, was in no particular order of members high to low!   tmbz1

Memory like an elephant!   ;D
It's Official!

Kirby's Ace

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2023, 04:42:45 PM »
Dan Nance!

Just 5 bucks 5 bucks 5 bucks!
In the words of SCM,,I GOTTA EAT!

Senator Blutarsky

• Elite
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2023, 04:45:32 PM »
I prefer my own handicapping skills, to anyone else.
There's only one person who's opinion I even consider when I'm betting, Dennis Olszewski.

When you wished me luck on the Mohawk DD the other day, I let us down.

I used 1 horse with 4 with 1 horse for the 3 consec races.  I was supposed to sweep all bets with a middle (race 2) all!

First race 10-1 wins, 3rd race 3-1 wins.

I try to be hardcore and not throw around that all button, especially when I'm going $10 base bets, or $5, $2 on the specs, but stupid me....$480 pic 3, 113 dd (1st2nd) 76 (2nd3rd)....btw look at the typo on the p3 payout for race 1-3 it says $4.80 it was $480.00 LOL!   ;D

https://standardbredcanada.ca/racing/results/data/r0605wbsbsn.dat
It's Official!

PucksnHorses

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2023, 05:08:18 PM »
Some great responses so far. For me, you have to be able to be flexible and handicap different tracks especially in harness racing. It is much more of a grind then T-bred racing is. You have to make small scores on a consistent basis in harness racing to be somewhat successful.

Senator Blutarsky

• Elite
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2023, 05:13:41 PM »
Some great responses so far. For me, you have to be able to be flexible and handicap different tracks especially in harness racing. It is much more of a grind then T-bred racing is. You have to make small scores on a consistent basis in harness racing to be somewhat successful.

It's called grinding!

Would be awesome if one only loaded up once in life scored big and never had to risk another dime, too late for us!

You're an awesome handicapper, stay away from Yonkers for a NY minute, and team up with some of us for a week, it don't work go back to like before.

10 handicappers each get assigned a horse in a race, make a report discuss it in a conference call, eliminate, run race scenarios, strategize, plan bets, go our own way.  Instead of 100 horses in 10 races 10 horses in 10 races for each dude....let me know....syndicate!   ;D
It's Official!

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Frank the Zipper: it comes in handy
    May 16, 2024, 02:49:07 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: No do explain...
    May 16, 2024, 11:48:54 AM
  • Frank the Zipper: Have you tried Whackenal in the handy 16 ozcan?
    May 16, 2024, 08:36:36 AM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Still say Noxema is the best for tug time.
    May 15, 2024, 07:13:14 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: I like how it feels between my toes and ass cheeks. way better than desenex, or prep H
    May 15, 2024, 05:04:31 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Never tried it for that purpose. Will give it a try!
    May 15, 2024, 05:00:44 PM
  • Frank the Zipper: Vicks Vapor Rub is a great slipping cream
    May 14, 2024, 05:43:11 PM
  • The Thorn: Damn, You'all sound like a bunch of pussies.  Go smell some flowers and report back
    May 14, 2024, 12:41:19 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal