Author Topic: Billy Parker Jr Joins the Suspension Club  (Read 1783 times)

theokodjak26

• Stakes Horse
Billy Parker Jr Joins the Suspension Club
« on: March 29, 2024, 11:55:36 PM »
A fixture at Monticello for decades, who I cannot recall ever being suspended for chemicals, received a 60-day vacation and a $1,000 fine. One has to wonder how after all these years why Parker suddenly has decided to cheat? Is it because Monticello doesn’t aggressively test and Parker has been able to dodge the judges for a long time? Could it be someone had it in for Parker and put the drugs into his horse? This situation is hard to understand. Any thoughts?

kantseeback

• Elite
  • I'm voting for honest Joe and Mrs Canker Cackles
Re: Billy Parker Jr Joins the Suspension Club
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2024, 02:23:54 AM »
A fixture at Monticello for decades, who I cannot recall ever being suspended for chemicals, received a 60-day vacation and a $1,000 fine. One has to wonder how after all these years why Parker suddenly has decided to cheat? Is it because Monticello doesn’t aggressively test and Parker has been able to dodge the judges for a long time? Could it be someone had it in for Parker and put the drugs into his horse? This situation is hard to understand. Any thoughts?

One would think with the purses up there its not frugal to use expensive chemicals not to mention how dangerous it may be to drug up a half broken down horse racing there.

harnessplop

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2024, 02:51:18 AM »
Snowman cocaine

Superfecta

• Elite
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2024, 07:57:13 AM »
The entire barn had been dead for 2-3 months. A little “Pick me up” was necessary. This isn’t Zeke’s first suspension.

Grandstand Handicapper

• Open / FFA
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2024, 10:06:58 AM »
A high TCO2 level? And a first offense for this. Right, he should be banned for life, thrown off every track in North America and should never be allowed to even look at a horse ever again. Come on. BS I have no idea if he appealed this, but if he didn't -- OK, he takes the hit, $1000 and 60 days -- plus the horse gets re-tested, has to pass, and is subject to a 6-hour detention barn every time he races for 6 months.

That said, at the end of the day, if he accepts it, he's guilty, I get it. He takes the hit. So should everyone caught. However, let's remember, TCO2 is naturally in horses as part of their normal chemical, physical, and metabolic make-up. It's a variable, and it varies based upon a lot of things, factors, etc. Sodium and potassium are a category factor, and TCO2, related proteins, chloride, lactate, and I forget what else is another category factor. There are plenty of reasons why a horse can get a high TCO2 OTHER THAN MILKSHAKING.

If only this were the biggest problem in our sport and business. I don't trivialize any infraction unless it's truly deminimus. However, I like Billy. I always have. Like many, I didn't like the way he lived his life years ago. But, since he got clean and sober, I like him, and more importantly, I respect him. Let's not attack a lifetime based upon a day.

Here's a good article on TCO2:

https://paulickreport.com/nl-art-1/whats-deal-tco2-anyway

mwins

• Open / FFA
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2024, 11:16:39 AM »
Accepting a penalty doesn't always mean "guilty". It can cost 10's of thousands of dollars to fight a minor positive such as lasix.

remington

• Open / FFA
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2024, 11:19:36 AM »
He never was an honest driver

Grandstand Handicapper

• Open / FFA
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2024, 11:37:27 AM »
Accepting a penalty doesn't always mean "guilty". It can cost 10's of thousands of dollars to fight a minor positive such as lasix.

Very true. I was simply saying, if he's guilty, he takes the hit. If he's not, whether the appeal is feasible is up to him. There are plenty of reasons a horse can get a high TCO2, but I don't know how easy it is procedurally to prove. 

Grandstand Handicapper

• Open / FFA
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2024, 12:20:11 PM »

Another "generic" wide-casting aspersion. Neither was Herve. Who was or is 100%? The guy had 59,000 starts and over 11,000 wins. I guess by using the never -- none of those wins were honest huh? Well, that's almost a lifetime 20% win rate!!! Do you have any idea what that is? 20% for a lifetime, with 59,000 starts?!?!?

samstar

• Open / FFA
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2024, 12:29:37 PM »
The TCO2 bandits take it close to the limit every race.  They seldom get caught because they have the science  down.  heavy fines are in order and long suspensions.   

kantseeback

• Elite
  • I'm voting for honest Joe and Mrs Canker Cackles
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2024, 12:45:57 PM »
He was always the top dog up there.

Parked

• Elite
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2024, 12:55:55 PM »
The TCO2 bandits take it close to the limit every race.  They seldom get caught because they have the science  down.  heavy fines are in order and long suspensions.

Odds of getting a TCO2 (or anything else)  positive in NYS are almost remote. He just fired at the wrong time.. 

lost cause

• NW-1
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2024, 01:05:44 PM »
billy drove and trained horses for me i cant believe how many years ago its been.he was always a honest guy.told me straight about my horses.one of the better guys i dealt with in the business

Stan durbread

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2024, 01:22:55 PM »
One would think with the purses up there its not frugal to use expensive chemicals not to mention how dangerous it may be to drug up a half broken down horse racing there.

Last I looked you could still buy a box of baking soda for less than $2

Stan durbread

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2024, 01:29:02 PM »
A high TCO2 level? And a first offense for this. Right, he should be banned for life, thrown off every track in North America and should never be allowed to even look at a horse ever again. Come on. BS I have no idea if he appealed this, but if he didn't -- OK, he takes the hit, $1000 and 60 days -- plus the horse gets re-tested, has to pass, and is subject to a 6-hour detention barn every time he races for 6 months.

That said, at the end of the day, if he accepts it, he's guilty, I get it. He takes the hit. So should everyone caught. However, let's remember, TCO2 is naturally in horses as part of their normal chemical, physical, and metabolic make-up. It's a variable, and it varies based upon a lot of things, factors, etc. Sodium and potassium are a category factor, and TCO2, related proteins, chloride, lactate, and I forget what else is another category factor. There are plenty of reasons why a horse can get a high TCO2 OTHER THAN MILKSHAKING.

If only this were the biggest problem in our sport and business. I don't trivialize any infraction unless it's truly deminimus. However, I like Billy. I always have. Like many, I didn't like the way he lived his life years ago. But, since he got clean and sober, I like him, and more importantly, I respect him. Let's not attack a lifetime based upon a day.

Here's a good article on TCO2:

https://paulickreport.com/nl-art-1/whats-deal-tco2-anyway

I haven’t had time to read the article but I can tell you a TCO2 positive has never been beat. Some trainers went as far as trying to say some horses are naturally high. So a few racing commissions allowed them to put the horses in 3 day detention and they checked the levels through out. None stayed high the whole time. Robinson was caught having his groom us a hollowed out sponge full of baking soda and letting the horse drink out of the “bath bucket “. Chris Height tried to pump so much soda into one it would stay high for the 3 days. He didn’t realize they were going to start testing when the horse got there. His level was so high it could have killed the horse. He got a long suspension for it.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Indian24: Damn those sound just like sun blisters my bad good thing
    May 07, 2024, 03:59:33 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: They keep popping and my backs getting wet.
    May 07, 2024, 09:38:10 AM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Oh the agony of these little pustules
    May 07, 2024, 09:09:09 AM
  • Indian24: Herpes can be treated but will always be with you  ngc3
    May 06, 2024, 10:11:57 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Where in the world did this rash come from?
    May 06, 2024, 03:02:53 PM
  • Calhoun: Bos-Tor .. G7 .. O6 .. IYKYK
    May 04, 2024, 08:00:06 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ, puttin Palestinians in their place.
    April 30, 2024, 09:25:33 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: The Original WIZ was the best.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:44 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal