Author Topic: Trainers Having Two Entries In Same Race ?  (Read 7789 times)

makingit

• Open / FFA
Trainers Having Two Entries In Same Race ?
« on: December 11, 2020, 04:27:03 PM »
I know it is O K to do and it is done a lot, but when a trainer has two entries in the same race, and one of the entries is entirely owned by the trainer, isn't that a little too far? I mean he has the inside scoop on both horses he trains, and he is the sole owner of one. No conflict of interest?  Doesn't the trainer give some instructions before the race to the drivers of his horses in the race? Strange to me. Happened at Freehold today.

LUCPARK

• Living Legend
  • HES A GOOD GUY ,FAMILY MAN AND A CHRISTIAN
Re: Trainers Having Two Entries In Same Race ?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2020, 04:30:13 PM »
1 800 cry baby
REAL AMERICANS DONT TAKE A KNEE

makingit

• Open / FFA
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2020, 04:35:14 PM »
Didn't effect me at all. Just wondering about the integrity/ethics part. It isn't against the rules and regulations, but maybe should be, no?

Seamus11

• Open / FFA
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2020, 04:56:40 PM »
Man Luc... you can be a real asshole, eh ??

LUCPARK

• Living Legend
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2020, 04:58:10 PM »
Man Luc... you can be a real asshole, eh ??

yes

im sorry i speak truth its hurts

im a man of the cloth tmbz1

AGUA CALIENTE

• Elite
  • Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing.
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2020, 04:59:57 PM »
We did it all the time, put a speed horse in to wreck the front and close like a train with the other one.

LUCPARK

• Living Legend
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2020, 05:00:59 PM »
We did it all the time, put a speed horse in to wreck the front and close like a train with the other one.

we ..u got a mouse in your pocket

u owned 1 horse your life,,stop it

Parked

• Elite
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2020, 05:13:49 PM »
Didn't effect me at all. Just wondering about the integrity/ethics part. It isn't against the rules and regulations, but maybe should be, no?

You are on horseplop.. A horse racing site ....  “ integrity And ethics “.   ????

makingit

• Open / FFA
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2020, 05:18:17 PM »
Do trainers ever try to suggest to their driver to go to the front, or come from behind? If they do, wouldn't that be a little conflict in this case?  Better drivers probably wouldn't listen anyhow, right? But my question is do trainers give pre race advise?

Fatboy

• Living Legend
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2020, 06:24:26 PM »
Do trainers ever try to suggest to their driver to go to the front, or come from behind? If they do, wouldn't that be a little conflict in this case?  Better drivers probably wouldn't listen anyhow, right? But my question is do trainers give pre race advise?

Bet accordingly if you see this in the program...pass or figure out who has the best shot.  Should have been coupled for wagering I agree, but what kinda pools would you be betting into?  pass...

BigDog6

• NW-1
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2020, 06:40:05 PM »
Brandon owned the winner and his other horse finished 3rd he also win one later in the day...Dont understand the hate against the kid from what i see the kid is pretty sharp

SAW

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2020, 07:06:07 PM »
I know it is O K to do and it is done a lot, but when a trainer has two entries in the same race, and one of the entries is entirely owned by the trainer, isn't that a little too far? I mean he has the inside scoop on both horses he trains, and he is the sole owner of one. No conflict of interest?  Doesn't the trainer give some instructions before the race to the drivers of his horses in the race? Strange to me. Happened at Freehold today.

Seems like a reasonable question, keep asking if you don't know, and ignore the jerk answers.

Each state/jurisdiction has their own rules on coupling, also overnights vs stakes.

It seems like it used to be the norm, but rules have been relaxed in past years, partially because coupled entries drive down handle.

makingit

• Open / FFA
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2020, 07:14:23 PM »
Thank you "SAW". Good information. I don't ask questions to egg on people or start fights. I don't know this trainer in Freehold today and he may very well be a perfect gentleman. It wasn't directed at him, his was just the most recent case that I have seen, and I have seen it before on other occasions. I didn't know the rules were different from state to state. I know we have some fun on here from time to time, but this was a legit question that I did not know the answer. Still wondering about my question if the trainer gives any suggestions to the drivers of his horses before the race. The answer to this question would possibly bring up the question of conflict in races like this where the trainer trans two entries and owns one of them. Thanks again.

SAW

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2020, 07:34:40 PM »
In my opinion, if they had a choice most trainers would prefer not to have 2 of their horses in the same race.

Usually happens a couple times a night a The Meadowlands.

Fatboy

• Living Legend
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2020, 09:22:58 PM »
Thank you "SAW". Good information. I don't ask questions to egg on people or start fights. I don't know this trainer in Freehold today and he may very well be a perfect gentleman. It wasn't directed at him, his was just the most recent case that I have seen, and I have seen it before on other occasions. I didn't know the rules were different from state to state. I know we have some fun on here from time to time, but this was a legit question that I did not know the answer. Still wondering about my question if the trainer gives any suggestions to the drivers of his horses before the race. The answer to this question would possibly bring up the question of conflict in races like this where the trainer trans two entries and owns one of them. Thanks again.

Most of the drivers like to know how a horse is "feeling" lately, or how they have trained up to the event.  Others prefer to look at the program and judge ho to proceed by past form, and some trainers are fine with that.  Usually, as the price goes up, so do the discussions.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Indian24: Damn those sound just like sun blisters my bad good thing
    May 07, 2024, 03:59:33 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: They keep popping and my backs getting wet.
    May 07, 2024, 09:38:10 AM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Oh the agony of these little pustules
    May 07, 2024, 09:09:09 AM
  • Indian24: Herpes can be treated but will always be with you  ngc3
    May 06, 2024, 10:11:57 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Where in the world did this rash come from?
    May 06, 2024, 03:02:53 PM
  • Calhoun: Bos-Tor .. G7 .. O6 .. IYKYK
    May 04, 2024, 08:00:06 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ, puttin Palestinians in their place.
    April 30, 2024, 09:25:33 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: The Original WIZ was the best.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:44 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal