Author Topic: Marc St Louis  (Read 57371 times)

STEW MCQUEEN

• 4 claimer
Re: Marc St Louis
« Reply #75 on: February 27, 2020, 08:03:13 PM »
thats just it stew if a horse has colic a vet should be called to look at the horse if its in distress, and if youre worried about the cost maybe you dont care about your horses welfare as much as you say you do.trainers and grooms arent supposed to drench horses and if an agco inspector walks in the door people will scurry to hide a tube if they have one.i generally root for underdogs but i cant see disney investing in the St.Lois story lol
if you ask anyone who is stables in western Ontario. There is a shortage of vets. So many ppl who are well respected in this industry do it from what I gather but what do I know. I’m just a money guy!
EVERYBODY'S A TOUGH GUY BEHIND A SCREEN!!

DeeJennerit

• Top Claimer
« Reply #76 on: February 28, 2020, 06:02:22 PM »
Leave the guy alone. He served his time & paid his fine. If he screws up again - you can all pile on him.
He has great talent & I wish him well.

Couldn't agree more.  We all make mistakes but most on here aren't as anxious to take that perspective as they are to throw stones.  The kid paid the piper and it cost him heavily.  He's entitled to and deserves this fresh start.

I handle as much as anyone and I'll tell you right now: I'll take St. Louis over just about any driver in the game because he gives 100%, 100% of the time and WANTS TO WIN. This quality, coupled with his obvious natural talent (horses do things for him they don't for most others, see some of those cheap rats he gets on first time at LON and see one actually pick up its' feet) make him a rare breed anymore: a driver that can actually handicap, knows the habits of all of the horses and can process how to to capitalize on such, wants to win, doesn't play buddy-buddy system (the only OBJECTION I've seen in harness racing in the last decade was filed by St. Louis at FLMD last year and the Judges upheld it) and so on.

Michael Whelan never killed, set afire and buried a horse before, but he sure has stiffed the Diva trotter and Ohare Hanover AT LEAST 25 times in the 2019-2020 and similar indiscretions are true for nearly all of the regulars who don't take as much judgment as the St. Louis kid.  Maybe it's because Whelan wins 1% and St. Louis' much higher success rate stirs a little of the good, old human condition known as jealousy.

Anyway, congratulations to Stewart McQueen for turning his life around, for speaking up for what he believes in and for all of the success he's achieved as a new owner.  The sport needs more like you: folks who put their money up and are passionate.  Well done and continued success!

Mazola

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #77 on: February 28, 2020, 07:47:51 PM »
Good post Dee and I agree.

pylon

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #78 on: February 28, 2020, 08:38:30 PM »
Dee, you wrote a good defence of ST Louis.....however I don't ever recall him driving at Flammy ever since he and his wife slithered into Ontario

DeeJennerit

• Top Claimer
« Reply #79 on: February 28, 2020, 10:51:12 PM »
Dee, you wrote a good defence of ST Louis.....however I don't ever recall him driving at Flammy ever since he and his wife slithered into Ontario

Look up the horse RYE N CLYNE and get back to me.

ferdinand the bull

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #80 on: February 29, 2020, 12:31:43 AM »
2018 top driver at flammy

slimshady

« Reply #81 on: February 29, 2020, 08:26:55 AM »
Mike C
"why the horse  initially was murdered," 
You can't murder an animal.
I think you also claimed it was a premeditated murder.
You really think this guy developed a plan, with the intention of killing this animal.   

Seriously?    And you're calling posters morons. 

pylon

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #82 on: February 29, 2020, 08:47:33 AM »
 I think I am wrong about him and Flammy….but why doesn't he drive there now?

slimshady

« Reply #83 on: February 29, 2020, 11:50:33 AM »
This is a business that involves racing animals, not humans.
Every day there is a risk that one of those horses will drop dead from a heart attack and or break down and be destroyed.
Every day trainers are using illegal shit to enhance horse performance.    I hate that part of it.
Every day trainers go out of their way to avoid detention.
Sometimes, not often enough, trainers get caught.
Depending on wealth and name, the penalty usually goes up as the trainer's $$ and notoriety go down.

St Louis was one of the many using illegal shit.    He got caught.  Good.  He really went out of his way to hide the proof.   Burning the carcass was taken into account in the penalty.  I think the penalty he served was closer to fair than most.         
I could care less than he burnt a carcass.  No different than being dragged up into a pile in a dead wagon and driven off to be ground up.      The guy's got a second chance to show he's matured as a human.   Move on. 

DeeJennerit

• Top Claimer
« Reply #84 on: February 29, 2020, 11:54:42 AM »
I think I am wrong about him and Flammy….but why doesn't he drive there now?

Because the new CZAR OF RACING and HUMANITY IN GENERAL, Mike Campbell, said so.

DeeJennerit

• Top Claimer
« Reply #85 on: February 29, 2020, 11:56:58 AM »
100% Correct.

Both of you perfect people get off of your pedestals. He paid the consequences. Big fine, several years on the sidelines.

DeeJennerit

• Top Claimer
« Reply #86 on: February 29, 2020, 11:57:50 AM »
This is a business that involves racing animals, not humans.
Every day there is a risk that one of those horses will drop dead from a heart attack and or break down and be destroyed.
Every day trainers are using illegal shit to enhance horse performance.    I hate that part of it.
Every day trainers go out of their way to avoid detention.
Sometimes, not often enough, trainers get caught.
Depending on wealth and name, the penalty usually goes up as the trainer's $$ and notoriety go down.

St Louis was one of the many using illegal shit.    He got caught.  Good.  He really went out of his way to hide the proof.   Burning the carcass was taken into account in the penalty.  I think the penalty he served was closer to fair than most.         
I could care less than he burnt a carcass.  No different than being dragged up into a pile in a dead wagon and driven off to be ground up.      The guy's got a second chance to show he's matured as a human.   Move on.

Very well put, but good luck convincing Mike Campbell.

Fatboy

• Living Legend
« Reply #87 on: February 29, 2020, 11:58:05 AM »
Both of you perfect people get off of your pedestals. He paid the consequences. Big fine, several years on the sidelines.

tmbz1
LET THE POOR PRICK EEEK OUT A LIVING NOW

wiggles44

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #88 on: February 29, 2020, 03:37:41 PM »

on the sidelines from driving yes
training?
nope
he kept on training
not under his name
but someone else's
but this prick shouldn't be around horses

bigwrench

• Living Legend
« Reply #89 on: February 29, 2020, 11:43:12 PM »
Drenching a horse is illegal??
Black lives matter? WTF
I was taught all lives matter!
Especially the lives of us rednecks
And our Horsez!!

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ, puttin Palestinians in their place.
    April 30, 2024, 09:25:33 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: The Original WIZ was the best.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:44 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Jerry is the new WIZ at the Ohio tracks.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:23 PM
  • Unclejerry: See you live opening night at Scioto Downs May 8, Live Bets and real gambling
    April 27, 2024, 10:03:40 PM
  • Unclejerry: Egg on my face $22.20
    April 27, 2024, 09:35:17 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's your boob in race 6 waiting on price
    April 27, 2024, 09:32:14 PM
  • Unclejerry: Race 5 bet has been posted
    April 27, 2024, 08:58:28 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's going to be a price in Jerry's Thread Tonight !!!
    April 27, 2024, 08:49:13 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal