Author Topic: Paddock was roaring, it was another WORLD RECORD, and it is OFISHAAAALLLLLL  (Read 6100 times)

Ringo

• Top Claimer
and we would all be better off if crybabies like Jupiter would find a bingo hall instead.  Another case of a loser who thinks he will magically become a winner it everything is changed and it will also save the industry

jupiter

• Stakes Horse
If any one out there doesn't think that harness racing is on life support their kidding themselves. Think of what the purse structure would be without the slot revenues. The Meadows isn't the Meadowlands, there is no Jeff Gural out there to rescue it. You need a complete change in public perception of harness racing in general, not just the Meadows. I'm not a loser, I was very successful racing but I am a realist, look at dog racing banned in some states, have you kept up with Santa Anita. Ringo keep your head in the sand and remember when The Voice was in his prime and harness racing was the only game in town, and some day when you take your head out of the sand the meadows will be gone, like it would have been without slot money.

jupiter

• Stakes Horse
Atlantic City
Aurora Downs
Balmoral
Brandywine
Coloinal Downs
Foxboro
Free State
Garden State
Hinsdale
Hollywood Park
Jackson
Lebanon
Lewiston
Liberty Bell
Los Alamitos
Louisville Downs
Maywood Park
Phoenix Trotting Park
Quad City
Raceway Park
Rockingham Park
Roosevelt
Saginaw
Seminole Downs
Sports Creek
Sporstman Park
Suffolk
Thunder Ridge
Wheeling Downs
This is a list of harness tracks that have closed, if you think I'm a loser, you don't get it at all. The game needs to change to stay alive. if the Meadows doesn't make changes it will follow the above. I don't hate the Voice it's just a time a a fresh voice.

Atthetrack7

• Stakes Horse
  • saying the things DZ wishes he had the BALLS too
See what all the stiffing you guys did " back in the day" got the sport. All you clowns who raced when the grandstands were full cheated the customers so bad, they just stopped playing harness racing, knowing it just wasn't honest.  Give me todays juicers any day.
   The only people they cheat are the other horsemen, and that is fine by me.

jupiter

• Stakes Horse
Just thought of a few more

Indian Downs
Lake Shore Meadows
Windsor

It wasn't just stiffing, it was changing times. Just look at all the other big business that hit hard times, GE, Sears etc.
I'm just saying it has to change and Roger is just an easy target, he has to know he's slipping. He should just do the Adios and the Jug and rest on his laurels. Go out the classy way.

#Me Too

• 4 claimer
 Its more important we save the world from things like global climate change than we save stupid sports like harness racing
Ms Cortez is the New Boss. and she is not the same as the Old Boss

Superfecta

• Elite
Just thought of a few more

Indian Downs
Lake Shore Meadows
Windsor

It wasn't just stiffing, it was changing times. Just look at all the other big business that hit hard times, GE, Sears etc.
I'm just saying it has to change and Roger is just an easy target, he has to know he's slipping. He should just do the Adios and the Jug and rest on his laurels. Go out the classy way.
Vermont State Fair no longer races... Scarboro, Vernon may not have enough horses to start their meet.

Jctoronto

• Stakes Horse
Simple way to attract attention.
Find a very pretty and tight shirted juggly giggly pittsburgh girl to stay on camera while roger diagnoses the upcoming race.  Very simple formula....or i suppose put an orange pylon on rogers head like mvrs grand wizard

jupiter

• Stakes Horse
I didn't mention all the county fairs that don't have horse racing any mote or t-bred tracks that have closed. How many younger people want to sit in front of a tv or computer screen and listen to The Voice, I sure don't know anybody. How many young people want to go sit at a track and watch live racing when you have to listen to the Voice ramble on about people from Ohio, useless information or inside jokes they don't understand waiting for the next race. We need to attract gamblers,. that's how we are going to increase or sustain purses, not family fun nights or days,people with kids there aren't going to bet, they are watching their kids.

Gym Jeffersun

• Stakes Horse
Now we know why the Wizard was wandering around the grandstand a few weeks ago.............. ...........and found "the mouth" as a replacement announcer........ ..............one can only hope this gets to be a permanent position for "the mouth"................. went back and listened to a few of Ed Gormans race calls............ .....from the Meadowlands years ago.............. ........a real announcer........ ...who didn't slobber over himself, scream and race............. ..just a nice fluid race call without all the YELLING.......... .........but we understand why.............. .......fair announcer........ ......always has been............. ......always will be............... ............
Just love doing the broadcast. Shuley, Chumlee, Paddock have gotten used to the holier than thou attitude. We only work on the show, because we get paid. Dealing with Ringo is a different story.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Frank the Zipper: Vicks Vapor Rub is a great slipping cream
    May 14, 2024, 05:43:11 PM
  • The Thorn: Damn, You'all sound like a bunch of pussies.  Go smell some flowers and report back
    May 14, 2024, 12:41:19 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: I like the cool soothing feel.
    May 13, 2024, 07:32:06 PM
  • Frank the Zipper: Noxema gives me a soothing rush
    May 12, 2024, 01:08:57 PM
  • SwankToliverA: Wouldn't know, never had a need for it
    May 12, 2024, 12:12:11 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Yes it still offers that same cool sensation.
    May 12, 2024, 09:49:40 AM
  • SwankToliverA: Rooster- ppl still use Noxzema?
    May 11, 2024, 03:34:17 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Nothing a cold hand an Noxema can't cure.
    May 09, 2024, 09:11:36 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal