Author Topic: Unstoppable Journey of Somebeachsomewhere  (Read 2293 times)

davenchop

• Open / FFA
Re: Unstoppable Journey of Somebeachsomewhere
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2023, 03:18:39 PM »
macdonnell...... arguably the worst drive for big money ive ever seen....
you cant lose if you dont bet

wisha roder

• Top Claimer
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2023, 10:15:02 PM »
His legacy will always be that he got beat by Art Official.
That doesn't lessen his greatness at all.  I was there that day and i always felt certain drivers were out to get Beach.  Yannick screwed the whole race up by another overly aggressive drive and Art Official sure seemed extra good that day for Pierce.  Beach got a brutal trip and still almost won.  No other horse in that race could have won with that trip.  No other stallion has made that much money AND been such a dominant sire.  Art Official...well.. enough said about him.

Brkn Headpole

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2023, 10:45:08 PM »
Well Yannick was very transparent on how he was going to drive the horse saying he was going to send since owner supplemented for 100k.  Whether it was arrogance or poor judgment by MacDonnell no one will know but SBSW showed how truly valiant he was in defeat that night.

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2023, 10:50:21 PM »
People forget that Yannick was a punk in his early years at The Meadowlands. He shut his pie hole when he hooked up with Burke and Takter.

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2023, 11:49:01 PM »
That day showed us the difference between a regular driver and a great driver. Yannick made a move that was far beyond the capabilities of the horse he was driving. Yannick actual set the race up for Paul MacDonell. If MacDonell had not panicked, he would have realized Yannick could not sustain the move he made and when he backed into the field he would have made a perfect opening for MacDonell to go right by Pierce. Instead MacDonell panicked and set the race up for Pierce. The fact that SBSW was that close at the end shows how great he was.
Smart post. tmbz1

Grandstand Handicapper

• Open / FFA
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2023, 12:35:11 AM »
For people who have a qualified opinion, whose opinion truly counts and has credibility and integrity, and for people who actually know what they are looking at...SBSW's lone defeat, did not take away from his greatness or his legacy...it solidified it and proved it. SBSW showed how great he was that night.

If you ever have or had the chance to talk to people -- like Bob Marks, David Meirs, Bob Boni, Geoff Stein (may he rest in peace), throw John Campbell and Billy O'Donnell's opinion in there (objectively, not who they drove, but who they saw race), and other qualified "professionals" in there -- SBSW will the horse they pick as the greatest horse they have ever seen of modern times, say the last 30 years. Yes, Niatross will come up, without question. I've even heard a few people say Artsplace and I wouldn't argue with those two names. But after SBSW came along, in my opinion, he displaced the other two.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Calhoun: Bos-Tor .. G7 .. O6 .. IYKYK
    May 04, 2024, 08:00:06 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ, puttin Palestinians in their place.
    April 30, 2024, 09:25:33 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: The Original WIZ was the best.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:44 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Jerry is the new WIZ at the Ohio tracks.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:23 PM
  • Unclejerry: See you live opening night at Scioto Downs May 8, Live Bets and real gambling
    April 27, 2024, 10:03:40 PM
  • Unclejerry: Egg on my face $22.20
    April 27, 2024, 09:35:17 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's your boob in race 6 waiting on price
    April 27, 2024, 09:32:14 PM
  • Unclejerry: Race 5 bet has been posted
    April 27, 2024, 08:58:28 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal