Author Topic: LEXINGTON YEARING SALE STARTS TONITE ....PREDICTIONS AND PRICES PLS POST  (Read 4188 times)

Fuguzzi

• Elite
Hip 60 was bought back for $200,000 by Blue Chip farms?  Are they nuts? How much do they think they will get?
I wish i had the Kimelman family's money

Fuguzzi

• Elite
. I predict Tall Dark Stranger will be a flop.  He was horse that Yannick had to pound on to go and the biggest factor: He's a Bettor's Delight.  No son of Bettor's Delight has made a stallion worth a damn.
I know very little about breeding and am in no position to argue. I find your forecast interesting because MANY on here are crazy about TDS.

Miguel_Sanchez

• Open / FFA
Bettors  Wish,  Lazarus,  Bit Of A Legend  are doing well as sires . All sons of Bettors Delight

Lazerus is total flop.  He's had one horse who can't even go with Top 3yr olds.  I think they lowered his stud fee as well.  Bettors Wish is only had one foal to function.  Saying Betting Line is good is bad statement.  He got top top mares and had 1-2 decent horses.  No real stake horses.

Miguel_Sanchez

• Open / FFA
I know very little about breeding and am in no position to argue. I find your forecast interesting because MANY on here are crazy about TDS.
Oh he's good looking and checks all the boxes with pedigree but he is a Bettor's Delight and the family line is done.  Cam Fella - Cam's Card Shark - Bettor's Delight.....

Albatross - Niatross - Nihalator.......

SomeBeachSomeWher e - Captain Treacherous - Captain Crunch.......

There are many many more and I could go on and on but breeding and stallions have very distinctive traits over time.  Norman Hall gives some very good insight on this with hard statistics and facts.  He proves with numbers what the old timers know with there history.

Fuguzzi

• Elite
Ahhh!!  Cam's Card Shark.. Loved that horse. Kinda forgotten about as time unravels

shotgunner

• Stakes Horse
Betters Wish only had a crop of 39 so even with his one good one it remains to be seen. Voukefelas is the only real fast Lazarus and Bit of a Legend has not produced anything of substance yet.  It's the same with All Bets Off,  no commercial success although he did sire that freak Burke filly Pass Line.
Bettors Wish has done enough to get a real shot in PA where itll be much tougher sledding against real sires, not just Lazurus.

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
I wish i had the Kimelman family's money
I could be wrong but I think Tom Grossman purchased Blue Chip. Kimelmans are out.

JIDGE

• Open / FFA
Oh he's good looking and checks all the boxes with pedigree but he is a Bettor's Delight and the family line is done.  Cam Fella - Cam's Card Shark - Bettor's Delight.....

Albatross - Niatross - Nihalator.......

SomeBeachSomeWher e - Captain Treacherous - Captain Crunch.......

There are many many more and I could go on and on but breeding and stallions have very distinctive traits over time.  Norman Hall gives some very good insight on this with hard statistics and facts.  He proves with numbers what the old timers know with there history.

Bettor's Delight has produced some good racehorse siring sons, but none so far have proven they can carry on the line.  The hope is on TDS or one yet to come. I wouldn't throw dirt on the line yet.

Dominant sires sometimes come from obscure sires:

Sweet Lou -- Yankee Cruiser -- a failure at Hanover.

Abercrombie -- Silent Majority -- Henry T. Adios --- if Adios produced a dominant son to carry on the line my money would be on Bret Hanover -- not Henry T.

SBSW -- Mach Three -- the Volomite pacing line was on it's way out for years until SBSW.

I'm sure Captaintrecherous will leave a dominant son at some point -- not Crunch. Or maybe one of the other SBSW sons.

Albatross was an outstanding racehorse sire and of course an exceptional broodmare sire, but failed to sire a son to carry on.  Every farm was standing an Albatross son or two -- they all failed -- even Niatross -- he had two or three excellent crops then they moved him out of Kentucky and he failed miserably. 

I too like Norman's theories.

Fuguzzi

• Elite
I could be wrong but I think Tom Grossman purchased Blue Chip. Kimelmans are out.
I have no idea. I meant in my day. they ( uncle and grandfather) had personal seats on the exchange from what i gather, though what i know about the market could be picked out of a thimble with a hoof pick.

wizardofoz

• Open / FFA
What’s the story with William Pollock he is spending crazy money
He spent $3.2 million on only 9 yearlings.  This is ridiculous.  Add on $50k EACH one for training and stakes fees next year, which is another half a million, and where are you if MOST, if not ALL, are busts as 2 year olds?  Anyone here who was given $100,000 free cash to spend on an auction would be more successful picking something out then these lunatic owners, with their hot-shot trainers are, who are supporting the breeding farms..........“Obviously, Andrew Harris and Mr. Pollock came in here strong and determined and he was very successful in his purchases,” Reid said. “I had nine on my list,” Harris said. “I told Bill, ‘If we get like six or seven of the nine, that would be great.’ He said, ‘No, we go nine-for-nine.’ I kind of figured early that we were going to come home with all nine. “[Pollock] understands that building a stable wasn’t going to be a one-year deal. It’s going to take a couple of years to build it up and he’s fully aware that at this level some horses aren’t going to work out and some are. To be a part of this, you’ve got to chase it and that’s what he wants. He wants to be at the top of the game, so to be at the top of the game it’s going to cost SOME money.”
« Last Edit: October 03, 2023, 08:05:44 PM by wizardofoz »

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
I have no idea. I meant in my day. they ( uncle and grandfather) had personal seats on the exchange from what i gather, though what i know about the market could be picked out of a thimble with a hoof pick.
Oscar and his son Mike were stock brokers. I knew Oscar pretty well. His grandson Mike trains and drives. He does pretty well in the amateur races at The Meadowlands.

Generation XYZ

• Elite
  • HARNESS RACING IS DEAD, CALL THE CORONER!
Hickory Lane Farm, not setting the world on fire with its breeding program either.  Top broodmares and mediocre stallions. They need a revamped business model, or just become a broodmare band owner.
Pay to Play, Play to Win!

Fuguzzi

• Elite
Oscar and his son Mike were stock brokers. I knew Oscar pretty well. His grandson Mike trains and drives. He does pretty well in the amateur races at The Meadowlands.
Is the amateur mike the son of the Mike that used to stable at YR and train and drive professionally back in our day? the mIke I am referring to would be in his mid 60s I am guessing based on my age.

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
Is the amateur mike the son of the Mike that used to stable at YR and train and drive professionally back in our day? the mIke I am referring to would be in his mid 60s I am guessing based on my age.
Mike Jr is the only Kimelman that trains and drives. He is an amateur driver now but has trained and driven for years and has had some success. His grandfather Oscar and his father Mike Sr. both stock brokers, started Blue Chip. Neither trained or drove but are/were very good businessmen.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2023, 10:13:37 PM by MIKE CAMPBELL »

Equus Caballus

• Elite
. I predict Tall Dark Stranger will be a flop.  He was horse that Yannick had to pound on to go and the biggest factor: He's a Bettor's Delight.  No son of Bettor's Delight has made a stallion worth a damn.

Captaintreacherou s was a chased horse most the time…

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Itchy Kitties...
    May 22, 2024, 05:09:31 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Spew a little Spludge and the Pu$$y Cats are drawn to it lie a girl with baby rabies
    May 22, 2024, 01:37:15 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Aint that the truth
    May 21, 2024, 09:29:01 PM
  • The Thorn: Got to watch out for those strays. They want to move in and take you over
    May 21, 2024, 07:38:01 PM
  • Frank the Zipper: especially a stray cat
    May 21, 2024, 07:07:22 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Good Pu$$Y Cat is hard to forget.
    May 21, 2024, 05:27:22 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Thats self centered to the max Madoff.
    May 19, 2024, 09:08:38 PM
  • Laag: ruthless
    May 19, 2024, 05:57:58 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal