Author Topic: just over 50 yrs ago, Windsor Raceway drivers comp....first prize - A CAR  (Read 502 times)

Jctoronto

• Stakes Horse
COURTESY HARNESS RACING UPDATE AND MURRAY BROWN INTERVIEW WITH GILLES GENDRON
a couple of tidbits

In 1972, Windsor Raceway conducted a North American Drivers Championship, THE CHALLENGE OF CHAMPIONS, won by Gilles Gendron over Carmine Abbatiello, Ron Feagan, Herve Filion, Del Insko, Joe Marsh Jr, Lew Williams and Greg Wright. The winner receiving a brand new Chrysler Imperial automobile. a very Windsor/Detroit thing to do.

Tell me something about Gilles Gendron that nobody knows?

“I don’t know about nobody, but here is something that very few people know. I and a few friends once owned CAM FELLA. There were three of us. We bought three mares in foal, with the goal of raising their foals and selling them as yearlings. One of those mares was Nan Cam, the dam of Cam Fella, who was carrying him when we bought the mares. We kept the mares at Walnut Hall Farm where they had their babies. We sold Cam Fella as a yearling, for as I recall $21,000. He was bought by Doug Arthur. Doug started him fairly late at 2. I think in November, maybe even December. He made a few starts with him and then sold him to the two Norms, Clements and Faulkner, for as I heard $100,000. After she had Cam Fella, she never had another notable foal again.”

ty MR BROWN AND HRU & ROBERT SMITH STANDARDBRED CANADA

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Still say Noxema is the best for tug time.
    May 15, 2024, 07:13:14 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: I like how it feels between my toes and ass cheeks. way better than desenex, or prep H
    May 15, 2024, 05:04:31 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Never tried it for that purpose. Will give it a try!
    May 15, 2024, 05:00:44 PM
  • Frank the Zipper: Vicks Vapor Rub is a great slipping cream
    May 14, 2024, 05:43:11 PM
  • The Thorn: Damn, You'all sound like a bunch of pussies.  Go smell some flowers and report back
    May 14, 2024, 12:41:19 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: I like the cool soothing feel.
    May 13, 2024, 07:32:06 PM
  • Frank the Zipper: Noxema gives me a soothing rush
    May 12, 2024, 01:08:57 PM
  • SwankToliverA: Wouldn't know, never had a need for it
    May 12, 2024, 12:12:11 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal