Author Topic: USTA Fountain of Mis Information  (Read 1439 times)

Miguel_Sanchez

• Open / FFA
USTA Fountain of Mis Information
« on: January 12, 2024, 06:48:44 PM »
Tall Dark Stranger p,3,1:47.1 ($2,020,195)

The 2020 Horse of the Year Tall Dark Stranger won 19 of 22 starts and earned more than $2 million. He was voted Two-Year-Old Pacing Colt of the Year in both the United States and Canada in 2019, and Dan Patch 2020 Horse of the Year, Pacer of the Year and Three-Year-Old Pacing Colt of the Year. The only 3-year-old pacing colt in history to win both the North America Cup and Meadowlands Pace, Tall Dark Stranger was also the only with more than two victories in 1:47.2.

The above information is severely incorrect.  It says "The only 3-year-old pacing colt in history to win both the North America Cup and Meadowlands Pace," - That is very wrong.  Many horses have won both Precious Bunny, Presidential Ball, David's Pass, & Captaintreacherou s to name a few. There are more but my memory is slipping.  This horse shouldn't even be in the HOF in the first place let alone tought him with accolades that are undeserving.

Parked

• Elite
Re: USTA Fountain of Mis Information
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2024, 07:21:32 PM »
You should not question anything the USTA publishes. 

Generation XYZ

• Elite
  • HARNESS RACING IS DEAD, CALL THE CORONER!
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2024, 07:24:01 PM »

The 2020 Horse of the Year Tall Dark Stranger won 19 of 22 starts and earned more than $2 million. He was voted Two-Year-Old Pacing Colt of the Year in both the United States and Canada in 2019, and Dan Patch 2020 Horse of the Year, Pacer of the Year and Three-Year-Old Pacing Colt of the Year. The only 3-year-old pacing colt in history to win both the North America Cup and Meadowlands Pace, Tall Dark Stranger was also the only with more than two victories in 1:47.2.

The above information is severely incorrect.  It says "The only 3-year-old pacing colt in history to win both the North America Cup and Meadowlands Pace," - That is very wrong.  Many horses have won both Precious Bunny, Presidential Ball, David's Pass, & Captaintreacherou s to name a few. There are more but my memory is slipping.  This horse shouldn't even be in the HOF in the first place let alone tought him with accolades that are undeserving.

Thanks for bringing this up. The USTA is grossly altering and mis communicating and lacks total fact checking in many areas.
Pay to Play, Play to Win!

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2024, 10:13:53 PM »
Apparently the USTA reads Horseplop. They modified Tall Dark Stranger's bio.

Larry Bird Boy

• Elite
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2024, 11:31:06 PM »
Apparently the USTA reads Horseplop. They modified Tall Dark Stranger's bio.
there are Usta board members and elected reps that horseploppers for a long time. Shit I think they used to advertise on here awhile back didn’t they?
Johnny Johnson fucked up Chicago harness racing. I hope you die !!!!

Miguel_Sanchez

• Open / FFA
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2024, 11:33:31 PM »
Yea I sent them an email

bond

• Elite
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2024, 08:52:22 AM »

Great post-beat me to it. Totally agree TDS should not be in the HOF. He was a great horse-brilliant-- dont get me wrong-but we never saw him on a half-and Yannick had to pound on him in a few to get him home --- a 100/1 shot beat him home in his last start-not a great way to finish such a wonderful career.  This makes me wonder how his fillies will do--because pounding on a filly is a big negative.. Hes also by Bettors Delight-and we are still waiting to see if one of his sons-will turn out to be as great a sire as him. TDS(unproven) stud fee of 20,000 also seems a bit high as Bettors Delight-is 15000-and hes prob the greatest sire of all time.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: I like the cool soothing feel.
    May 13, 2024, 07:32:06 PM
  • Frank the Zipper: Noxema gives me a soothing rush
    May 12, 2024, 01:08:57 PM
  • SwankToliverA: Wouldn't know, never had a need for it
    May 12, 2024, 12:12:11 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Yes it still offers that same cool sensation.
    May 12, 2024, 09:49:40 AM
  • SwankToliverA: Rooster- ppl still use Noxzema?
    May 11, 2024, 03:34:17 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Nothing a cold hand an Noxema can't cure.
    May 09, 2024, 09:11:36 PM
  • Indian24: Damn those sound just like sun blisters my bad good thing
    May 07, 2024, 03:59:33 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: They keep popping and my backs getting wet.
    May 07, 2024, 09:38:10 AM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal