Author Topic: Van Fisher and John Pertunnen were on thier way to stardom. What happened ?  (Read 1722 times)

LimeTime

• Top Claimer
 Top young drivers in Michigan. in the 1990s.

drink more beer

• Top Claimer
John p. On mike condon horses!!!!!!
 Back in hazel park days

Mailbox Money

• Stakes Horse
To sum up the demise of both of them, I will just say..White powder and a high stakes gambler that went by the nicknames Ponytail or Hippy!The circuit was full of races that had pre-determined outcomes!  ;D

LimeTime

• Top Claimer
To sum up the demise of both of them, I will just say..White powder and a high stakes gambler that went by the nicknames Ponytail or Hippy!The circuit was full of races that had pre-determined outcomes!  ;D
Ponytail was the tall slender fast talking guy with a ponytail who painted houses right ? SO your saying he colluded with both these drivers  to try to mess with races ?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2024, 01:15:28 AM by LimeTime »

Mailbox Money

• Stakes Horse
Pony was only about 51/2 ft. tall and wore custom clothes. I believe that his name was Jimmy Wint! He didn't do manual labor. When he shook your hand, he had callus free hands.(like a chick) J.P. was about 42 when he passed away and Van was down and out in Oregon. He passed away about 4yrs ago! Those were some "interesting times" in Michigan Racing history! It's a miracle that we all lived thru it,that's for sure!

LimeTime

• Top Claimer
Pony was only about 51/2 ft. tall and wore custom clothes. I believe that his name was Jimmy Wint! He didn't do manual labor. When he shook your hand, he had callus free hands.(like a chick) J.P. was about 42 when he passed away and Van was down and out in Oregon. He passed away about 4yrs ago! Those were some "interesting times" in Michigan Racing history! It's a miracle that we all lived thru it,that's for sure!
Thanks for all that info- I really wondered about these guys because they seemed like young future stars of harness racing, Van kinda acted like a bigshot and JP kinda energetic and serious from a distance you know. As for the house painter that was Nello - he had a ponytail too so I thought you meant him- very big bettor too, 3,4, 5 hundred a race.

Overcheck

• Top Claimer
Van Fisher passed just last year I think.  Brings back memories of old Jackson Raceway. Terry Buter, Vince Copeland, Brad Kramer, Don Harmon and a bunch of others.  Then on to Hazel Park and Northville.  Michigan was hopping back in the 80's!

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ, puttin Palestinians in their place.
    April 30, 2024, 09:25:33 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: The Original WIZ was the best.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:44 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Jerry is the new WIZ at the Ohio tracks.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:23 PM
  • Unclejerry: See you live opening night at Scioto Downs May 8, Live Bets and real gambling
    April 27, 2024, 10:03:40 PM
  • Unclejerry: Egg on my face $22.20
    April 27, 2024, 09:35:17 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's your boob in race 6 waiting on price
    April 27, 2024, 09:32:14 PM
  • Unclejerry: Race 5 bet has been posted
    April 27, 2024, 08:58:28 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's going to be a price in Jerry's Thread Tonight !!!
    April 27, 2024, 08:49:13 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal