Author Topic: Breeders Crown trainers coming to Hoosier? Make sure you bring a Blacksmith  (Read 2399 times)

Larry Bird Boy

• Elite
That is nonsense to have a groom learn how to put a shoe on. Come on guys. Hoosier needs to hire a fucken blacksmith. Trainers and grooms work hard enough and not all trainers are even present when their horses race. It’s a scam that Hoosier dies this. Just hope it happens on breeders crown night so all hell will break loose. Spend the money and get a blacksmith for Christ sakes.
Johnny Johnson fucked up Chicago harness racing. I hope you die !!!!

whiptherabbit

• Elite
My groom that can shoe, is in the wrong profession. Blacksmiths work hard, but make good coin…

Stan durbread

• Stakes Horse
That is nonsense to have a groom learn how to put a shoe on. Come on guys. Hoosier needs to hire a fucken blacksmith. Trainers and grooms work hard enough and not all trainers are even present when their horses race. It’s a scam that Hoosier dies this. Just hope it happens on breeders crown night so all hell will break loose. Spend the money and get a blacksmith for Christ sakes.

It is called being a horseman. It isn’t the track’s fault if a trainer is too lazy to race his horse. Don’t worry the real trainers will all be there in person on BC night

Mailbox Money

• Stakes Horse
The shoes are part of the equipment and the trainer is responsible for making sure that all equipment is suitable for racing! The best defense is a good offense so be sure to tip the Paddock blacksmith every time and if there isn't one,find out who can help you if you need it!(and pay that guy also). Be sure that you have a spare shoe that fits your horse in the trailer so you don't have to deal with one that "looks close " from the pile. Purses today are too good to wing it! Preparation is what separates the winners from the losers!

Miguel_Sanchez

• Open / FFA
Knew about the others but didn't know Steve Elliott could. Back in the day Dave and Steve Elliott were highly respected and successful horsemen

Steve was the only person to show Donato Hanover.  He was shod once by a guy in Lexington and he made a break.  Elliot flew down made him new shoes and Donato tied or broker the world record the following week in the Kentucky Futurity.  He and his cousin were very very good horseman.

Foxy Jacob

• NW-1
The shoes are part of the equipment and the trainer is responsible for making sure that all equipment is suitable for racing! The best defense is a good offense so be sure to tip the Paddock blacksmith every time and if there isn't one,find out who can help you if you need it!(and pay that guy also). Be sure that you have a spare shoe that fits your horse in the trailer so you don't have to deal with one that "looks close " from the pile. Purses today are too good to wing it! Preparation is what separates the winners from the losers!
i got news for you pal. im a small trainer and driver at hoosier and i dont know how to put on a shoe. i take all of my horses to mark or levi because they are the professional farriers......... .........not me!!! im a trainer and driver not a friggen blacksmith. hoosier needs to get off there asses and hire a blacksmith. you gotta be crazy if you now wanna blame a loose shoe or lost shoe during warm-ups on the trainer. i shipped a horse from a farm that was 15 minutes away and sure enough somehow a shoe came loose in the trailer ride over. when i got to hoosier no fucken blacksmith. thats a damn shame. i had to flag down a driver and give him $40 to tack it back on. i dont care about the money but hoosier can at least put up a list of people who you can call to tack on a shoe. at least put us in contact with a person standing by and available for a fee to tack on a shoe. rick moore will defintely get this done. JF

Stan durbread

• Stakes Horse
i got news for you pal. im a small trainer and driver at hoosier and i dont know how to put on a shoe. i take all of my horses to mark or levi because they are the professional farriers......... .........not me!!! im a trainer and driver not a friggen blacksmith. hoosier needs to get off there asses and hire a blacksmith. you gotta be crazy if you now wanna blame a loose shoe or lost shoe during warm-ups on the trainer. i shipped a horse from a farm that was 15 minutes away and sure enough somehow a shoe came loose in the trailer ride over. when i got to hoosier no fucken blacksmith. thats a damn shame. i had to flag down a driver and give him $40 to tack it back on. i dont care about the money but hoosier can at least put up a list of people who you can call to tack on a shoe. at least put us in contact with a person standing by and available for a fee to tack on a shoe. rick moore will defintely get this done. JF

So what do you do if you lose a shoe 1st trip training 1. Wait for a blacksmith to show up before going last trip?

Foxy Jacob

• NW-1
So what do you do if you lose a shoe 1st trip training 1. Wait for a blacksmith to show up before going last trip?
no i call my blacksmith and he drives over to my barn and tacks it on. it might take an hour but point is hes available and ill pay him because hes a professional and im not chancing it by getting a hot a nail

Stan durbread

• Stakes Horse
FYI. Hoosier has a job posting for a blacksmith. Probably the case with most jobs. Hard to find someone who wants to work

Larry Bird Boy

• Elite
FYI. Hoosier has a job posting for a blacksmith. Probably the case with most jobs. Hard to find someone who wants to work
FYI Hoosier had a blacksmith last year and wanted to short change the guy by paying him $100 a night for 5 hours of work when he could shoe a horse in 45 minutes and make $175. What would you do? The guy asked to be paid the standard fair rate of $300 per night and Hoosier said forget it and let him go. I don’t know of any blacksmiths that will work for $20 an hour. The great John delong said the theory on this is that not every night is a blacksmith needed so fuck it. Isn’t that a great idea?  ngc3 ngc3 our horseman’s association here is a fucken joke. Now who gets fucked in the end is the poor horse and betting public cause the poor animal will break their foot to shreds and betting public takes it in the ass because they don’t know they just bet on a horse with three shoes. They wanna preach no animal cruelty here then hire a fucking paddock blacksmith.

Mailbox Money

• Stakes Horse
This is not rocket science junior! I  suggest that you have a contact in your phone for someone on the grounds that can help you out if you're not able to do it yourself! I mentioned this in an earlier post but I will repeat it again for you. "The difference between a successful trainer and a average trainer is Preparation!" Good luck! It is far more beneficial to solve problems with your head, rather than your mouth! Nothing worse than to listen to an excuse for a bad idea. ✌️🤞P.S. Grab boots work while shipping too!

Larry Bird Boy

• Elite
This is not rocket science junior! I  suggest that you have a contact in your phone for someone on the grounds that can help you out if you're not able to do it yourself! I mentioned this in an earlier post but I will repeat it again for you. "The difference between a successful trainer and a average trainer is Preparation!" Good luck! It is far more beneficial to solve problems with your head, rather than your mouth! Nothing worse than to listen to an excuse for a bad idea. ✌️🤞P.S. Grab boots work while shipping too!
You must be a very successful trainer so what’s your name. If you ship different place and maybe don’t know many people wouldn’t it make sense for the hosting racetrack to at least offer a list of willing blacksmiths to offer their services for a fee instead of trying to figure who the fuck even races at that track and try to hunt them down? Stop blaming the horseman for management fuck ups.

Stan durbread

• Stakes Horse
$100 a night is about the going rate for a paddock blacksmith. Most of the time they are just sitting in the paddock judge’s office watching races an shoot the BS. Plus they usually get another $20 from the guy that needs a shoe fixed

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Frank the Zipper: Have you tried Whackenal in the handy 16 ozcan?
    Today at 08:36:36 AM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Still say Noxema is the best for tug time.
    May 15, 2024, 07:13:14 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: I like how it feels between my toes and ass cheeks. way better than desenex, or prep H
    May 15, 2024, 05:04:31 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Never tried it for that purpose. Will give it a try!
    May 15, 2024, 05:00:44 PM
  • Frank the Zipper: Vicks Vapor Rub is a great slipping cream
    May 14, 2024, 05:43:11 PM
  • The Thorn: Damn, You'all sound like a bunch of pussies.  Go smell some flowers and report back
    May 14, 2024, 12:41:19 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: I like the cool soothing feel.
    May 13, 2024, 07:32:06 PM
  • Frank the Zipper: Noxema gives me a soothing rush
    May 12, 2024, 01:08:57 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal