Author Topic: Breeders Crown trainers coming to Hoosier? Make sure you bring a Blacksmith  (Read 2398 times)

Redacidsucks

• 4 claimer
That’s right. No paddock blacksmith at Hoosier. Hasn’t been one all year. Every night Hoosier deceives the public and bettors by making horses race and often break stride and pull up due to trying to race with lost or sprung shoes? I don’t know how they are getting away with this but they are playing with fire cuz if one of those horses in a big race loses a shoe and there’s no blacksmith to put it back on there’s gonna be a big lawsuit. I don’t know of any top track in the country who doesn’t have a blacksmith on hand in the paddock for safety and integrity reasons. The ISA and John DeLong are just as much to blame cuz they aren’t insisting hiring one immediately to.

Equus Caballus

• Elite
The outrider at Yonkers is the paddock blacksmith

Generation XYZ

• Elite
  • HARNESS RACING IS DEAD, CALL THE CORONER!
The outrider at Yonkers is the paddock blacksmith

ngc3 That makes sense.
Pay to Play, Play to Win!

Yonkers1A

• Stakes Horse
Pigland should go and shoe at Hooser

rainman2

• Elite
Pigland should go and shoe at Hooser

He can probably use a 'real' job!

Brown jug

• Elite
if true its a joke
this is why until there is one national body and regulations the industry is a joke

Ramone

• Top Claimer
A trainer who can't make an emergency repair or adjustment is under qualified.
I've never met a Scandinavian trainer who wasn't pretty handy by the way.
Shoeing is like doing drywall. It doesn't take a massive brain but it does take practice ... and a little respect for the task.

Redacidsucks

• 4 claimer
I can’t wait to see Ron Burke or Nancy Takter put on the chaps and grab some shoeing tools and tack a shoe back on their horse going for 500k cuz there’s no paddock Blacksmith and any trainer should be able to put a sprung bent shoe back on a busted up foot right? Especially when they are waiting for you on the track? Yeah  ok. Can’t wait to see that. Hoosier should be fined every day they race without a capable Shoer on hand employed by the track to make sure horses race with all shoes and not deceive the bettors or owners for that matter.

Fuguzzi

• Elite
I can’t wait to see Ron Burke or Nancy Takter put on the chaps and grab some shoeing tools and tack a shoe back on their horse going for 500k cuz there’s no paddock Blacksmith and any trainer should be able to put a sprung bent shoe back on a busted up foot right? Especially when they are waiting for you on the track? Yeah  ok. Can’t wait to see that. Hoosier should be fined every day they race without a capable Shoer on hand employed by the track to make sure horses race with all shoes and not deceive the bettors or owners for that matter.
Carl and Rod Allen, respected horseman, shod all their own horses. Money save? Maybe. But I saw him (Carl) in action and he sure seemed like he knew what he was doing. Feet looked good too. AND he was excellent with trotters.

Stan durbread

• Stakes Horse
Any competent trainer should be able to fix a shoe. In Scandinavia you can’t even get a grooms license if you can’t pull and put in shoes

Fuguzzi

• Elite
Very true !

HoppleBurns

• Top Claimer
Try the ohio circuit.... you can only get a shoe fixed if you can get the starter out of the car.   

Miguel_Sanchez

• Open / FFA
A lot of top top trainers and horseman can put shoes on.  Carl & Rod Allen, Steve Elliot, Jimmy Takter, Trond Smedshammer, Ray Schnitker to name a few....

Brown jug

• Elite
most of the trainers that could do that are  "retired"
now of course you would hope someone like ryder, burke ,pelling etc have enough horsemanship to put a shoe on but who knows
now what about some of the trainers you never even see sit behind a horse

but here is a thought, send a few of your grooms to get some basic training in being a blacksmith, nothing overly complicated but enough to replace a shoe when needed

Fuguzzi

• Elite
A lot of top top trainers and horseman can put shoes on.  Carl & Rod Allen, Steve Elliot, Jimmy Takter, Trond Smedshammer, Ray Schnitker to name a few....
Knew about the others but didn't know Steve Elliott could. Back in the day Dave and Steve Elliott were highly respected and successful horsemen

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Still say Noxema is the best for tug time.
    May 15, 2024, 07:13:14 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: I like how it feels between my toes and ass cheeks. way better than desenex, or prep H
    May 15, 2024, 05:04:31 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Never tried it for that purpose. Will give it a try!
    May 15, 2024, 05:00:44 PM
  • Frank the Zipper: Vicks Vapor Rub is a great slipping cream
    May 14, 2024, 05:43:11 PM
  • The Thorn: Damn, You'all sound like a bunch of pussies.  Go smell some flowers and report back
    May 14, 2024, 12:41:19 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: I like the cool soothing feel.
    May 13, 2024, 07:32:06 PM
  • Frank the Zipper: Noxema gives me a soothing rush
    May 12, 2024, 01:08:57 PM
  • SwankToliverA: Wouldn't know, never had a need for it
    May 12, 2024, 12:12:11 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal