Author Topic: Mohawk high 5  (Read 1748 times)

whiptherabbit

• Elite
Mohawk high 5
« on: March 22, 2021, 06:12:14 PM »
Almost 250k in the carry over, suspended until Saturday night with a mandatory payout.

My questions are:

Why does anyone play this bet unless it’s a mandatory payout? It makes ZERO economical sense to buy any tickets on this, especially those who only bet chalk? If you’re betting chalk, why not bet a tri without 50% of the pools being carried over ??

Who makes the decisions to force a carry over now when it’s close to 250 k at WEG? Wouldn’t it be better sense when it gets to 250+ to just promote the shit out of it at that point & push the pools higher? When & if it gets to a million $$$ carry over, then do a big event on the Saturday card ... with that carry over they’ll handle 2-4 million on that payout alone.

To me it’s utter nonsense & laziness on the part of WEG to force a mandatory payout after the amount is this low!

pocketrocketwinner

• Stakes Horse
Re: Mohawk high 5
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2021, 07:33:49 PM »
I'd bet that over 95% of the people betting into those non carry jackpots have no idea the rake is 70%. The tracks won't go out of their way to be transparent. They use the suckered to build the pool and take advantage of handle on mandatory payout nights. Slimy business model.

HornbyDuke

• Elite
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2021, 09:31:51 PM »
I never bet except when mandatory distribution. My friends who do occassionally bet this when no mandatory distribution will do so when pool is real large believing there is a lot of dead money trying to cover all options. They think the favorites are underlays then. I've never bought into that. Takeout just too large.

I'll play $40-50 saturday though. Thanks for the heads up.

Rabbi Of Racing

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2021, 09:32:31 PM »
TRAVESTY

firhill

• Top Claimer
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2021, 12:40:40 PM »
I object, your honor!

This is a travesty. It's a travesty of a mockery of a sham of a mockery of a travesty of two mockeries of a sham

Brown jug

• Elite
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2021, 02:11:01 PM »
they actually do better when the do the mandatory payout around $200-$250 k as it allows them to do it more frequently than letting it run up to $1m or so
of course they will get more on the $ 1m carryover but not as much as doing it 4 times at $250 k
I do agree there is no point playing it until it is mandatory

swoodall

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2021, 05:27:37 PM »
Almost 250k in the carry over, suspended until Saturday night with a mandatory payout.

My questions are:

Why does anyone play this bet unless it’s a mandatory payout? It makes ZERO economical sense to buy any tickets on this, especially those who only bet chalk? If you’re betting chalk, why not bet a tri without 50% of the pools being carried over ??

Who makes the decisions to force a carry over now when it’s close to 250 k at WEG? Wouldn’t it be better sense when it gets to 250+ to just promote the shit out of it at that point & push the pools higher? When & if it gets to a million $$$ carry over, then do a big event on the Saturday card ... with that carry over they’ll handle 2-4 million on that payout alone.

To me it’s utter nonsense & laziness on the part of WEG to force a mandatory payout after the amount is this low!

I think it has more to do with their past experience.

Several mandatory payouts ago they let the pool exceed $500K then advertised in advance that they were gonna suspend betting into the pool in a week.

The night before the cutoff day, so two chances to bet before the suspension went into effect, someone hit it!

Blew their whole plan out of the water! ngc3 ngc3

I think they went ahead with the mandatory payout but without the large carryover. angbk

So now they keep their plans to themselves until they're ready to suspend the betting.

It's one way to avoid a PR disaster.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Indian24: Damn those sound just like sun blisters my bad good thing
    May 07, 2024, 03:59:33 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: They keep popping and my backs getting wet.
    May 07, 2024, 09:38:10 AM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Oh the agony of these little pustules
    May 07, 2024, 09:09:09 AM
  • Indian24: Herpes can be treated but will always be with you  ngc3
    May 06, 2024, 10:11:57 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Where in the world did this rash come from?
    May 06, 2024, 03:02:53 PM
  • Calhoun: Bos-Tor .. G7 .. O6 .. IYKYK
    May 04, 2024, 08:00:06 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ, puttin Palestinians in their place.
    April 30, 2024, 09:25:33 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: The Original WIZ was the best.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:44 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal