Author Topic: Gary Messenger Trainer Monticello  (Read 2955 times)

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
Re: Gary Messenger Trainer Monticello
« Reply #45 on: October 19, 2023, 12:42:11 AM »
Ty Theo, but that stuff doesn't bother me.  Interesting that no one else is arguing the points i am making. I will sing to my death that there have been hundreds of trainers and drivers before an after Clint Galbraith who were better. The crew around Niatross never impressed me and never will and his treatment of the horse when he knew he was sick was wrong and unethical. Niatross was a fucking physical freak. The nearest thing we had to secretariat. Almost anybody living would have had very similar success with the horse. Imagine what he might have done with Haughton/Odonnell or Holloway/Campbell
There you go again, changing the narrative. The question was whether Messenger was a better trainer than Clint. Not the hundreds before and after. Please up your meds.

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #46 on: October 19, 2023, 12:45:17 AM »
Mike you say you trained and I take you at face value, You told me you claimed off Remmen and Pelling.  If that's true and you had the guts to claim off those guys _ YOU WERE PROBABLY BETTER THAN CLINT AND I"D GIVE YOU A QUALITY HORSE BEFORE HIM!

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #47 on: October 19, 2023, 12:50:17 AM »
One more thing about Clint - you know how he got half of Niatross? Elsie Berger had no idea what he was gonna be / Clint did. She didn't have much money and was afraid to pay a bill, so she gave half to Clint in exchange for "no bills"  He basically swindled her.

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #48 on: October 19, 2023, 12:52:15 AM »
My apologies to all who had to suffer this. I have beaten this into the ground and will no longer argue with Mike Campbell!

I am learning there are a handful on here not worth responding to and many good people who are worth it. I'm gonna stick with them. tmbz1

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #49 on: October 19, 2023, 12:58:57 AM »
Mike you say you trained and I take you at face value, You told me you claimed off Remmen and Pelling.  If that's true and you had the guts to claim off those guys _ YOU WERE PROBABLY BETTER THAN CLINT AND I"D GIVE YOU A QUALITY HORSE BEFORE HIM!
I judge trainers by stats because I have no idea what a trainer does and doesn't do behind closed doors. Trust me, I am nowhere near the trainer Clint was. I don't understand your other post where you write, imagine if Haughton/O'Donnell or Holloway/Campbell raced Niatross. Clint only lost 2 out of 39 races. He lost the race at Saratoga and 6 days later in what many including myself say was the best race of his career, he broke in the elimination for the Meadowlands Pace and recovered ending up fourth. Great horses lose races. Ask Haughton/O'Donnell who lost with Nihilator to an inferior Jeff Mallet with Dragon's Lair.

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #50 on: October 19, 2023, 01:07:42 AM »
I just meant that with the best care and a great driver he might have gone faster. look in 1978 nobody expected Clint Galbreath to be the guy who would shatter the elusive magical mark of 1;50. right? Only proves what a natural the horse was. That's all. Clint's bath certainly wasn't the best in racing in those days.

As a certain french canadian driver we all know and love once observed, referring to Niatross - "Clint didn't make that horse, that horse made Clint'

as for your other point - that was a great year and crop. many of the Big 5 took turns beating and upsetting each other tmbz1

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #51 on: October 19, 2023, 01:18:51 AM »
I just meant that with the best care and a great driver he might have gone faster. look in 1978 nobody expected Clint Galbreath to be the guy who would shatter the elusive magical mark of 1;50. right? Only proves what a natural the horse was. That's all. Clint's bath certainly wasn't the best in racing in those days.

As a certain french canadian driver we all know and love once observed, referring to Niatross - "Clint didn't make that horse, that horse made Clint'

as for your other point - that was a great year and crop. many of the Big 5 took turns beating and upsetting each other tmbz1
I'm old enough and wise enough to know that no one knows if Niatross would have been as great without Clint. I have seen hundreds of horses that were sold by tiny gypsy type stables to large grand circuit type barns and the horses went backwards. I think Niatross and Clint made each other.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Nothing a cold hand an Noxema can't cure.
    May 09, 2024, 09:11:36 PM
  • Indian24: Damn those sound just like sun blisters my bad good thing
    May 07, 2024, 03:59:33 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: They keep popping and my backs getting wet.
    May 07, 2024, 09:38:10 AM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Oh the agony of these little pustules
    May 07, 2024, 09:09:09 AM
  • Indian24: Herpes can be treated but will always be with you  ngc3
    May 06, 2024, 10:11:57 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Where in the world did this rash come from?
    May 06, 2024, 03:02:53 PM
  • Calhoun: Bos-Tor .. G7 .. O6 .. IYKYK
    May 04, 2024, 08:00:06 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ, puttin Palestinians in their place.
    April 30, 2024, 09:25:33 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal