Author Topic: Yonkers resumes with short fields  (Read 1860 times)

JL52

• Open / FFA
Yonkers resumes with short fields
« on: January 18, 2024, 06:44:25 PM »
Surprised to see that the Monday through Wednesday cards, with a total of 34 races, have 18 with short fields. Surprising given that there is so little racing on the an East coast right now.

bello

• Elite
Re: Yonkers resumes with short fields
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2024, 07:15:48 PM »
And Rosecroft resumes with 14 races full fields. Noone wants to go to that shithole Yonkers even with inflated purses.

SeattleSlew

• Open / FFA
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2024, 02:26:33 AM »
Surprised to see that the Monday through Wednesday cards, with a total of 34 races, have 18 with short fields. Surprising given that there is so little racing on the an East coast right now.

Do they have TM programs up on their website yet??

wiseowl

• Open / FFA
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2024, 08:15:19 AM »
Best purses for harness in north America like it or not.

SeattleSlew

• Open / FFA
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2024, 09:13:20 AM »
Driver's lounge will be a bit empty.. only 11 different drivers for the entire card on Monday!

Locked in with pace

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2024, 10:06:48 AM »
Do people not want to race there or are they not allowing new faces to enter? Does anyone have the facts?
They've had small fields for a while. Why is the real question?
« Last Edit: January 19, 2024, 10:26:22 AM by Locked in with pace »

bond

• Elite
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2024, 11:03:39 AM »
Do people not want to race there or are they not allowing new faces to enter? Does anyone have the facts?
They've had small fields for a while. Why is the real question?

Yes--certain people not allowed in--fair enough if there is a good reason--however appears to me they protect certain horsemen--which makes racing less competitive.
The track is also too hard--not many-if any--can survive racing there for more than a couple seasons. So get turned out in winter to try to have them sound enough for another try at making $. So not enough horses when racing resumes.
Racing style has changed over the years--now its point and shoot-thats tough on horses going down the road each week.
Top horses-stay away from Yonkers for this very reason--too tough on most.
Adopt more longer distance races--or the 1 1/16 start giving more horses a chance to get better position.??
I personally believe that drivers at Yonkers should not be allowed to pick their horses. Normally I would laugh at this--however when a few drivers are listed on 3-4 horses every race--it stands to reason -he will pick the best horse with the best post-guaranteeing short price favorite going down the road==0 betting. Only person that benefits is the trainer/driver--public-bored-dont bet.

rainman2

• Elite
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2024, 01:42:15 PM »
Driver's lounge will be a bit empty.. only 11 different drivers for the entire card on Monday!

Been that way for quite a while now-even in the middle of summer. 1 accident and you could very well cancel racing the rest of the card.

Newt Lobell

• 4 claimer
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2024, 01:48:42 PM »
Noone wants to go to that shithole Yonkers even with inflated purses.

You’re kidding right? Their Monday and Tuesday cards feature the majority of the best overnight best horses on the east coast.

Harness racer

• Elite
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2024, 01:53:00 PM »
Really nice horses...really bad racing! SCM is on the case as to why they have short fields but deny entries.  Doesn't make much sense and I'm not sure SCM ever got an answer.  I love that SCM is living rent free in Shady Joe's head!   ngc3

Newt Lobell

• 4 claimer
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2024, 03:31:10 PM »
Really nice horses...really bad racing! SCM is on the case as to why they have short fields but deny entries.  Doesn't make much sense and I'm not sure SCM ever got an answer.  I love that SCM is living rent free in Shady Joe's head!   ngc3

I can’t disagree with you. 50% of the races line up before the quarter pole. My guess is that favorites win over 40% of the time. Yet, it’s a better product than Freehold, Chester, Pocono, Dover, Harrington.

Parked

• Elite
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2024, 05:58:00 PM »

But its still Yonkers

Generation XYZ

• Elite
  • HARNESS RACING IS DEAD, CALL THE CORONER!
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2024, 06:21:23 PM »
Petrelli's take on this is correct.
Pay to Play, Play to Win!

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ, puttin Palestinians in their place.
    April 30, 2024, 09:25:33 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: The Original WIZ was the best.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:44 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Jerry is the new WIZ at the Ohio tracks.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:23 PM
  • Unclejerry: See you live opening night at Scioto Downs May 8, Live Bets and real gambling
    April 27, 2024, 10:03:40 PM
  • Unclejerry: Egg on my face $22.20
    April 27, 2024, 09:35:17 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's your boob in race 6 waiting on price
    April 27, 2024, 09:32:14 PM
  • Unclejerry: Race 5 bet has been posted
    April 27, 2024, 08:58:28 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's going to be a price in Jerry's Thread Tonight !!!
    April 27, 2024, 08:49:13 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal