Author Topic: How’s the vet not in trouble  (Read 2898 times)

Mailbox Money

• Stakes Horse
Re: How’s the vet not in trouble
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2024, 12:00:01 AM »
I would say it was because she euthanized the animal and had no part in causing the head trauma.

Generation XYZ

• Elite
  • HARNESS RACING IS DEAD, CALL THE CORONER!
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2024, 11:23:50 AM »
The vet only prevented the horse from further suffering. The is no culpability by the vet for doing anything other than acting humanly.
Pay to Play, Play to Win!

London

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2024, 11:29:49 AM »
Correct on euthinising..but if she saw signs of ABUSE she should have reported it..
Why does this horse have a BIG gash on his head...jmo

White Rabbit

• Open / FFA
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2024, 04:40:05 PM »
The vet only prevented the horse from further suffering. The is no culpability by the vet for doing anything other than acting humanly.
When the vet saw the injury they took and oath  to protect animals. They are always required by the gaming commission once they sign their licensing application to report it such abuse

Dingus

• Open / FFA
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2024, 05:20:21 PM »
Post his picture

SwankToliverA

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2024, 05:42:28 PM »
Correct on euthinising..but if she saw signs of ABUSE she should have reported it..
Why does this horse have a BIG gash on his head...jmo
Agree. I do wonder though, does a Veterinarian have the obligation to report something of this nature, after the fact? I honestly don't know, it's why I ask.

White Rabbit

• Open / FFA
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2024, 06:49:53 PM »
Here’s the oath,
Being admitted to the profession of veterinary medicine, I solemnly swear to use my scientific knowledge and skills for the benefit of society through the protection of animal health and welfare, the prevention and relief of animal suffering, the conservation of animal resources, the promotion of public health, and the advancement of medical knowledge.

I will practice my profession conscientiously, with dignity, and in keeping with the principles of veterinary medical ethics.

I accept as a lifelong obligation the continual improvement of my professional knowledge and competence.

Someone should call PETA on the vet like the did on Scumilliachi

London

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2024, 07:20:16 PM »
As per USTA ruling, and i dont know what number ruling it might be.
But dont you have to report any death of a race horse to the  commission.

PIGLAND

• Living Legend
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2024, 07:29:07 PM »
anyone that witnessed this murder should be barred from racing

SwankToliverA

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2024, 07:35:08 PM »
Here’s the oath,
Being admitted to the profession of veterinary medicine, I solemnly swear to use my scientific knowledge and skills for the benefit of society through the protection of animal health and welfare, the prevention and relief of animal suffering, the conservation of animal resources, the promotion of public health, and the advancement of medical knowledge.

I will practice my profession conscientiously, with dignity, and in keeping with the principles of veterinary medical ethics.

I accept as a lifelong obligation the continual improvement of my professional knowledge and competence.

Someone should call PETA on the vet like the did on Scumilliachi
I'm wondering if the Vet should have filed a report
My gut says yes, but wtf do I know?!

SDST2009

• Open / FFA
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2024, 08:20:32 PM »
If the vet was aware of what caused the injury, it is very disappointing at the least, as well as criminal, if it wasn't reported. However, reading the article it doesn't state the vet knew. I doubt seriously this POS would have told the vet "yeah I beat it in the head with a pipe." Horses hurt themselves all the time. Just speculation, but I would think an excuse was given (horse reared up and hit its head, etc.)

Someone who does this has some serious screws loose.

mwins

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2024, 07:18:58 AM »
If the vet was aware of what caused the injury, it is very disappointing at the least, as well as criminal, if it wasn't reported. However, reading the article it doesn't state the vet knew. I doubt seriously this POS would have told the vet "yeah I beat it in the head with a pipe." Horses hurt themselves all the time. Just speculation, but I would think an excuse was given (horse reared up and hit its head, etc.)

Finally, the correct response.

Some of you guys are in such a hurry to blame everyone possible, including people who arrived an hour after the POS beat the horse.

I'm just waiting for one of you to blame it on Gural.

Someone who does this has some serious screws loose.

Mailbox Money

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2024, 11:49:39 AM »
The Vet that put him down is still a little wet around the collar. It appears that she was overwhelmed by the entire situation. She ended the suffering and that's why she was called. Everybody has to start someplace.

White Rabbit

• Open / FFA
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2024, 05:36:29 PM »
The Vet that put him down is still a little wet around the collar. It appears that she was overwhelmed by the entire situation. She ended the suffering and that's why she was called. Everybody has to start someplace.

I like that, can I use that excuse in the future.
Said trainer , why did your horse test positive, am a little wet around the collar sorry.

And til this business holds everyone accountable , every trainer should get a pass on the positive. Seems like they give Ron Burke a pass all the time.
Belchers positive you can count on one hand and he can’t get licensed any where.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Itchy Kitties...
    May 22, 2024, 05:09:31 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Spew a little Spludge and the Pu$$y Cats are drawn to it lie a girl with baby rabies
    May 22, 2024, 01:37:15 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Aint that the truth
    May 21, 2024, 09:29:01 PM
  • The Thorn: Got to watch out for those strays. They want to move in and take you over
    May 21, 2024, 07:38:01 PM
  • Frank the Zipper: especially a stray cat
    May 21, 2024, 07:07:22 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Good Pu$$Y Cat is hard to forget.
    May 21, 2024, 05:27:22 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Thats self centered to the max Madoff.
    May 19, 2024, 09:08:38 PM
  • Laag: ruthless
    May 19, 2024, 05:57:58 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal