Author Topic: Confederate and Brian Brown  (Read 4521 times)

Swandre

• Top Claimer
Re: Confederate and Brian Brown
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2023, 11:41:38 PM »
you’re a moron

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2023, 12:18:59 AM »
Ignorant?  Have you sat there and watch him train down his babies?  He jogs 2-3 miles and they go about a 3:30 clip jogging.  He does this because he has no help no assistant trainers and no clue!  Why is that Burke gets horses he can't get to go and they flourish with Burke?  Won the West ring a bell?  I could name ten more too.  When Marcus Johanson went there this winter Confederate looked horrible and was blowing like a freight train after jogging.  He knew there was no miles in him and he wouldn't hold up.  It took Pelling two months to get him into somewhat race shape.  Had to qua him and then protect him.  Now he's fit and ready.  Last week he was exhausted finishing but Pelling has his plans and last night he was gorilla.  Some like Burke / Pelling / Takter know how to condition a top top horse.  Brian Brown just hopes and prays and only can work with god given talent.  He isn't making any horse better or able to race a top top horse.
Confederate was NOT "exhausted" at the end of his elimination win last week. Timmy shut him down especially last 1/16th   he said he had two more untapped gears in him. You saw one of those gears last night in the final. this colt is in a different galaxy than his foes. He'll win in 46 flat this year.

Parked

• Elite
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2023, 07:03:26 AM »
Ignorant?  Have you sat there and watch him train down his babies?  He jogs 2-3 miles and they go about a 3:30 clip jogging.  He does this because he has no help no assistant trainers and no clue!  Why is that Burke gets horses he can't get to go and they flourish with Burke?  Won the West ring a bell?  I could name ten more too.  When Marcus Johanson went there this winter Confederate looked horrible and was blowing like a freight train after jogging.  He knew there was no miles in him and he wouldn't hold up.  It took Pelling two months to get him into somewhat race shape.  Had to qua him and then protect him.  Now he's fit and ready.  Last week he was exhausted finishing but Pelling has his plans and last night he was gorilla. 
Some like Burke / Pelling / Takter know how to condition a top top horse.  Brian Brown just hopes and prays and only can work with god given talent.  He isn't making any horse better or able to race a top top horse.

Yes I have watched him train his babies down in Fl. and if you say they don’t get a foundation I think you are watching the wrong horses.  He does as good a job as any and better than most.   Just not a flashy, smooth talking trainer like many..

I just know him casually and have never been in his barn so no reason to comment on barn help. I do see the hay truck at his barn and I’ll tell you he feeds the best.   

Makes me wonder how an owner of a horse that makes a ton of money as a 2 year old tell the trainer he is moving him.?      No class.   

Crash

• Top Claimer
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2023, 07:22:37 AM »
Jealousy rears its ugly head. SBSW was perhaps the best managed horse in years. Macgrath might not be Billy Haughton, but the horse was managed business-wise in a way few could match. It’s obvious you harbour ulterior motives and have no clue what goes into managing a top horse. Slither back into your hole in the ground.

The Thorn

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2023, 01:29:59 PM »
Confederate was not the only horse that switched from Brown at the end of last year.  It seemed to me that his whole stable moved so he could focus on his babies.  Just the ones I remember that switched barns are Night Hawk, Trick of the Light, Gulf Shores, Six Feet Apart, and Ario Hanover.

In earlier years he developed Workin on A Mystery and Limelight Beach who ended up with Burke
and he made his name years ago by developing Won the West before giving him to Burke,  so this is an ongoing thing with him

LUCPARK

• Living Legend
  • HES A GOOD GUY ,FAMILY MAN AND A CHRISTIAN
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2023, 01:36:03 PM »
brian is an awesome trainer

usually concentrates on pacers and mostly 2 and 3 yr olds ,

family run  barn that works hard and produces results  tmbz1
REAL AMERICANS DONT TAKE A KNEE

Brown jug

• Elite
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2023, 02:05:33 PM »
its a moot point
confederate has been awesome so the right call was made
no one knows how he would have been had he stayed with brown ,

jupiter

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2023, 05:39:25 PM »
How many great 3yr olds has Pelling had? How many for Brian? No comparison!!! Nothing against Brian, champions matter. Do you remember what Oakes did with his good 3yr olds, he sent them to Pelling and Harder, and made a ton of cash. Remember Electric Yankee, Haughton to Peling. It's about money not vanity.

shotgunner

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2023, 08:13:47 PM »
Yes I have watched him train his babies down in Fl. and if you say they don’t get a foundation I think you are watching the wrong horses.  He does as good a job as any and better than most.   Just not a flashy, smooth talking trainer like many..

I just know him casually and have never been in his barn so no reason to comment on barn help. I do see the hay truck at his barn and I’ll tell you he feeds the best.   

Makes me wonder how an owner of a horse that makes a ton of money as a 2 year old tell the trainer he is moving him.?      No class.

Brian is a good guy no doubt, but he’s just okay as a trainer. Burke is softer on his babies than Brian for sure and gets more to the races and more come back at 3 for Ronnie. I’ve never seen a Burke horse unfit or poorly rigged/shod. I’ve seen all 3 from Brian’s horses. Doesn’t make him a bad person just not a top trainer.

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2023, 08:39:01 PM »
All I know is, today, if I had a monster pacer coming 3 and wanted to "get it all", I'd have to give it to Brett Pelling before any other trainer. Btw, I was a guy who growing up idolized Robert McCintosh  I still and will always believe he is one of the top 5 trainers in the history of the sport.

Miguel_Sanchez

• Open / FFA
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2023, 11:07:30 PM »
Those two are top CONDITIONERS of horses.  They put in the work and know how to peak a horse at just the right times.

Willybuc

• NW-1
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2023, 11:19:47 AM »
I think it is kind of comical that according to many posters on this board Brian Brown cannot train a horse and yet for some reason he has 3 of the top 5 fastest 2 year olds in the country and maybe the best one is 9th. So, 4 of the top 10 with a UTRS of .500. Nope he can't train a horse i guess.

shotgunner

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2023, 04:44:05 PM »
I think it is kind of comical that according to many posters on this board Brian Brown cannot train a horse and yet for some reason he has 3 of the top 5 fastest 2 year olds in the country and maybe the best one is 9th. So, 4 of the top 10 with a UTRS of .500. Nope he can't train a horse i guess.

And right now it looks like he has more 2 yr olds racing than 3 year olds. And it’s not like he’s BAD, but he’s definitely a step below the best.

Marcuff

• NW-1
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2023, 07:05:06 PM »
How many trotters  have come out of his stable?

Open bridle

• Open / FFA
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2023, 07:22:38 PM »
How many trotters  have come out of his stable?
He doesn't train trotters because his owners won't buy them.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ, puttin Palestinians in their place.
    April 30, 2024, 09:25:33 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: The Original WIZ was the best.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:44 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Jerry is the new WIZ at the Ohio tracks.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:23 PM
  • Unclejerry: See you live opening night at Scioto Downs May 8, Live Bets and real gambling
    April 27, 2024, 10:03:40 PM
  • Unclejerry: Egg on my face $22.20
    April 27, 2024, 09:35:17 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's your boob in race 6 waiting on price
    April 27, 2024, 09:32:14 PM
  • Unclejerry: Race 5 bet has been posted
    April 27, 2024, 08:58:28 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's going to be a price in Jerry's Thread Tonight !!!
    April 27, 2024, 08:49:13 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal