Author Topic: Confederate and Brian Brown  (Read 4519 times)

3widetooearly

• NW-1
Confederate and Brian Brown
« on: July 16, 2023, 04:18:01 PM »
Anyone know why this horse switched barns? Brown did make 440k with this horse as a 2yo. Ownership have a falling out?

Miguel_Sanchez

• Open / FFA
Re: Confederate and Brian Brown
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2023, 05:17:22 PM »
Diamond Creek didn't want some girl bigger than the horse trying to take care of him.  None of his grooms can even bend over to work on a leg or wrap one up!

Kirby's Ace

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2023, 06:00:44 PM »
Diamond Creek didn't want some girl bigger than the horse trying to take care of him.  None of his grooms can even bend over to work on a leg or wrap one up!

ngc3
In the words of SCM,,I GOTTA EAT!

Open bridle

• Open / FFA
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2023, 06:13:44 PM »
It has nothing to do with Brian Brown being a good trainer and everything to do with arrogance of Diamond Creek.

shotgunner

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2023, 06:59:02 PM »
It has nothing to do with Brian Brown being a good trainer and everything to do with arrogance of Diamond Creek.
More like it has more to do with the horses that have gone backward year after year for Brian Brown from 2 to 3. No idea what he does but his horses have not come back good and when they leave they go forward. I can think of at least 3 like that just for Diamond Creek.

Generation XYZ

• Elite
  • HARNESS RACING IS DEAD, CALL THE CORONER!
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2023, 06:59:43 PM »

No bigger prick in the business than Bowden.
Pay to Play, Play to Win!

Laag

• Top Claimer
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2023, 07:53:52 PM »
More like it has more to do with the horses that have gone backward year after year for Brian Brown from 2 to 3. No idea what he does but his horses have not come back good and when they leave they go forward. I can think of at least 3 like that just for Diamond Creek.

what happened to all those horses a couple years back...so many good ones at 2 and most failures at 3

they made the right choice with Pelling

Miguel_Sanchez

• Open / FFA
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2023, 08:32:47 PM »
Brown will find the good one because he's brutal tough on them training down at two but they don't last because one they have no foundation and two they get no care.  He has people taking care of 6-8 head each and there is no possible way a top top horse can get proper care like that.  He will find one with raw talent but honestly most any idiot could do the same when your playing with top stock like that.  He doesn't know how to condition a horse properly or peek one.  His horses are good early and then they are toast late.  DBTS was like Muscle Hill - Just couldn't be destroyed and that's why he's an incredible sire.

Open bridle

• Open / FFA
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2023, 08:38:32 PM »
what happened to all those horses a couple years back...so many good ones at 2 and most failures at 3

they made the right choice with Pelling
My last two sire stakes horses were good at 2 and never came back at 3.  Some become lame and some become sour and Brian Brown was not my trainer. I've learned after having many horses it's usually the horse not the trainer.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2023, 08:43:15 PM by Open bridle »

Open bridle

• Open / FFA
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2023, 08:41:56 PM »
Brown will find the good one because he's brutal tough on them training down at two but they don't last because one they have no foundation and two they get no care.  He has people taking care of 6-8 head each and there is no possible way a top top horse can get proper care like that.  He will find one with raw talent but honestly most any idiot could do the same when your playing with top stock like that.  He doesn't know how to condition a horse properly or peek one.  His horses are good early and then they are toast late.  DBTS was like Muscle Hill - Just couldn't be destroyed and that's why he's an incredible sire.
I think Burke is just as brutal if not more training down as Brown is.

coryd03

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2023, 09:05:31 PM »
Horse made 440k last year in limited starts. Brian did great with him. He trains in Florida. His grooms have been doing this their whole lives. Saying they have no foundation is an ignorant statement. He does his work and does a good job by his help and the horses. When one doesn't come back great at 3 it's usually changes in the horse itself , not the trainer. Burke trains down harder than brian . Newsflash: this is what big owners want. It's sink or swim. Have them ready. If they aren't,  down the road they go, regardless of investment for the most part. These guys are looking for champions and if they can't hold up to training down, how will they hold up to racing
« Last Edit: July 16, 2023, 09:08:19 PM by coryd03 »

Miguel_Sanchez

• Open / FFA
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2023, 09:19:39 PM »
Horse made 440k last year in limited starts. Brian did great with him. He trains in Florida. His grooms have been doing this their whole lives. Saying they have no foundation is an ignorant statement. He does his work and does a good job by his help and the horses. When one doesn't come back great at 3 it's usually changes in the horse itself , not the trainer. Burke trains down harder than brian . Newsflash: this is what big owners want. It's sink or swim. Have them ready. If they aren't,  down the road they go, regardless of investment for the most part. These guys are looking for champions and if they can't hold up to training down, how will they hold up to racing

Ignorant?  Have you sat there and watch him train down his babies?  He jogs 2-3 miles and they go about a 3:30 clip jogging.  He does this because he has no help no assistant trainers and no clue!  Why is that Burke gets horses he can't get to go and they flourish with Burke?  Won the West ring a bell?  I could name ten more too.  When Marcus Johanson went there this winter Confederate looked horrible and was blowing like a freight train after jogging.  He knew there was no miles in him and he wouldn't hold up.  It took Pelling two months to get him into somewhat race shape.  Had to qua him and then protect him.  Now he's fit and ready.  Last week he was exhausted finishing but Pelling has his plans and last night he was gorilla.  Some like Burke / Pelling / Takter know how to condition a top top horse.  Brian Brown just hopes and prays and only can work with god given talent.  He isn't making any horse better or able to race a top top horse.

coryd03

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2023, 09:29:43 PM »
There's no telling how the horse would have done with brian this season. Point is he did well with him at 2. Saying he doesn't know how to race a top horse is also ignorant. See downbytheseaside and fear the dragon just a few years back.

Miguel_Sanchez

• Open / FFA
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2023, 09:36:07 PM »
Like I said previously DBTS was a gorilla that he couldn't possibly screw up.  No different than Greg Peck and Muscle Hill.  Anyone could have trained SBSW and he still would have been great.  The POINT is you were able to name two horses of which one only won one big race that Brown has produced out of how many babies a year?  Started the last ten plus yrs with 70 plus?  1 for 700 ain't too shabby.  LOL

SDST2009

• Top Claimer
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2023, 11:03:14 PM »
My last two sire stakes horses were good at 2 and never came back at 3.  Some become lame and some become sour and Brian Brown was not my trainer. I've learned after having many horses it's usually the horse not the trainer.

I think you should re-evaluate your trainer(s).

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ, puttin Palestinians in their place.
    April 30, 2024, 09:25:33 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: The Original WIZ was the best.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:44 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Jerry is the new WIZ at the Ohio tracks.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:23 PM
  • Unclejerry: See you live opening night at Scioto Downs May 8, Live Bets and real gambling
    April 27, 2024, 10:03:40 PM
  • Unclejerry: Egg on my face $22.20
    April 27, 2024, 09:35:17 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's your boob in race 6 waiting on price
    April 27, 2024, 09:32:14 PM
  • Unclejerry: Race 5 bet has been posted
    April 27, 2024, 08:58:28 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's going to be a price in Jerry's Thread Tonight !!!
    April 27, 2024, 08:49:13 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal