Author Topic: YOUR KENTUCKY DERBY PLAYS? PLS POST  (Read 7094 times)

dinkadoo

• Elite
Re: YOUR KENTUCKY DERBY PLAYS? PLS POST
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2023, 07:49:43 AM »
I am a fractional owner of MAGE who drew the 8 post.....

I bet $20 on him in derby future pool #2 and got 80-1 on him.

Senator Blutarsky

• Elite
  • Part Human, Part Machine, Better Part Canine
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2023, 10:05:21 AM »
I am a fractional owner of MAGE who drew the 8 post.....

I bet $20 on him in derby future pool #2 and got 80-1 on him.

That's a big deal Dink!  A very special GL to ya!   tmbz1
It's Official!

dinkadoo

• Elite
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2023, 07:52:38 PM »
this is a big weekend

I have one in Thursday at Churchill --- Allowance race
I have Mage in the Derby
and lastly one that is in at Indiana Downs ( trained by Brad Cox ) in a MSW also on Saturday.

onabrake

• Open / FFA
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2023, 08:23:15 PM »
this is a big weekend

I have Mage in the Derby
and lastly one that is in at Indiana Downs ( trained by Brad Cox ) in a MSW also on Saturday.

The move Mage made in Florida Derby was outstanding and only one that a real racehorse can make. With that being said, his gate manners and lack of experience( 3 starts) are a real potential problem. The price will be right and I am using him for 3rd and 4th in tri's and supers. Good luck, sounds like you have an exciting few days later this week.

Senator Blutarsky

• Elite
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2023, 09:34:40 PM »
this is a big weekend

I have Mage in the Derby

That's the "Dink Triple Crown Pick 3", Run the Table and bring em' home BABY!!!   tmbz1
It's Official!

goblue

• Top Claimer
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2023, 12:46:46 AM »
#14 Angel of Empire is my top pick. He's made significant improvement in every start of his career. If he can take another step as big as the one he took going into the Arkansas Derby, he runs a 105-108 Beyer and wins this race. I love the outside post and hope he can break well and avoid being too far back.

#15 Forte is obviously a must-have on your tickets (no commentary necessary).

#6 Kingsbarns, despite all the disrespect he's getting, has an incredibly advantageous pace set-up. I think he'll be able to steal away up front and be there at the end.

Three long-shots I'll be playing underneath those three favorites:

#8 Mage - awful ride in the FL Derby, arguably ran a better race than Forte
#7 Reincarnate - has enough speed to sit just behind the pace, which projects to be moderate
#11 Disarm - great works, recent improvement, wise guy pick 

The SA Derby invaders #9 Skinner and #10 Practical Move are the wild cards for me in this race. I have decided to take a stand and fade them on my tickets. I much prefer #9 Skinner over #10 Practical Move with the added distance, but he has shown zero ability to avoid and/or overcome adversity in order to win.

Bets:
$25 WPS #14 = $75
$4 Ex 6,14,15/6,7,8,11,14,15 = $60
$2 Ex 7,8,11/6,7,8,11,14,15 = $30
$0.50 Trifecta Box 6,7,8,11,14,15 = $60
Total cost: $225

Best of luck!
« Last Edit: May 03, 2023, 12:49:58 AM by goblue »

Mailbox Money

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2023, 03:18:08 AM »
Good luck to you and your group.I am sure that you will your probable earnings figured out based on share percentage and placing..If you don't mind sharing with us, what is your percentage and probable earnings? I thought long and hard about joining one of these groups. Always wondered how they are about costs prior to members receiving their pay outs.I decided that I am going to jump in next go-round. Lord knows that I spend more money on a whole lot worse things!

LUCPARK

• Living Legend
  • HES A GOOD GUY ,FAMILY MAN AND A CHRISTIAN
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2023, 09:50:36 AM »
GOOD LUCK DINK tmbz1
REAL AMERICANS DONT TAKE A KNEE

dinkadoo

• Elite
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2023, 11:24:49 AM »
Good luck to you and your group.I am sure that you will your probable earnings figured out based on share percentage and placing..If you don't mind sharing with us, what is your percentage and probable earnings? I thought long and hard about joining one of these groups. Always wondered how they are about costs prior to members receiving their pay outs.I decided that I am going to jump in next go-round. Lord knows that I spend more money on a whole lot worse things!
So I first started out buying thru Micro share companies like MRH and Commonwealth. It's an all inclusive purchase that in addition to the purchase price, it will include everything. And for us who have owned horses outright, we know that vet bills alone can sink ya.  Do you make money --- maybe, but probably not. But the experience has been really great. I was in the harness game for about 15 years, and while there are similarities, also many differences. From these microshare companies I have gotten into two groups to own larger amounts.  If you are looking into jumping into the runners for $50-$100, you won't get rich but can have some fun.
I have a horse in Thursday at Churchill, allowance going for $146k. Trained by Steve Asmussen, will be ridden by Joel Rosario. he cost I think $275k as a yearling. Made a small bid last year to run in the Derby but bled in the Arkansas Derby. He was sent off to Coolmoore Farm in Lexington where he was treated in a hyperbaric Chamber for 10 days. He got the winter off after finding thru a standing MRI that he had bone bruising.        Now I tell the story because, obviously on a teacher salary in no way could I afford to be a big partner on this horse. All included and done it cost me $78 to buy a share... I have gotten back about $40. In a recent win, the money from the purse was used to refund the training account. I was never under the expectations to make any money at all -- just have some fun.     What a company like MRH provides is communication. Usually weekly updates and if stabled at the major tracks, often video of works and discussion with trainer, exercise rider, etc.   In his MSW win which was at Churchill Downs as a 2yo, there was a private box setup for us to purchase tickets at a reasonable fee, food, beverages and to meet other owners. On that day he won - and the group was invited to the winners circle.
My derby horse MAGE, is thru a company called Commonwealth. They also own a percntage of Country Grammer who after a tour in the Arab countries is the 5th most money earned ever in horse racing... I know those owners have made their money 4-5 times and the horse is in California training for his next start.
There are facebook pages for these companies and individual pages for horses ---

Just having fun  ! ! !    Three in this coming Thursday thru Saturday.

Senator Blutarsky

• Elite
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2023, 01:41:28 PM »
this is a big weekend

I have Mage in the Derby

Small enough field and still is a very tough sprint race today (CD 6th, 327pm), your horse, and at least four other bogeys in the 1,2,7, and the one that brings value is the 5. Any thoughts?   tmbz1
It's Official!

goblue

• Top Claimer
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2023, 02:05:44 PM »
Practical Move SCRATCHED from the Kentucky Derby

Kirby's Ace

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2023, 02:11:13 PM »
Forte-Kingsbarns-Angel of Empire. (Box)
In the words of SCM,,I GOTTA EAT!

comeonman

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2023, 02:13:06 PM »
I know someone who says he is a fractional owner of all of the horses you say you are no

comeonman

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2023, 02:15:56 PM »
MD is

Yonkers1A

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2023, 05:30:11 PM »
After a review of the Thoro-Graph sheets Angel of Empire is now my number 1 pick, after a pair of 2’s I look for this horse to move forward big time

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ, puttin Palestinians in their place.
    April 30, 2024, 09:25:33 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: The Original WIZ was the best.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:44 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Jerry is the new WIZ at the Ohio tracks.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:23 PM
  • Unclejerry: See you live opening night at Scioto Downs May 8, Live Bets and real gambling
    April 27, 2024, 10:03:40 PM
  • Unclejerry: Egg on my face $22.20
    April 27, 2024, 09:35:17 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's your boob in race 6 waiting on price
    April 27, 2024, 09:32:14 PM
  • Unclejerry: Race 5 bet has been posted
    April 27, 2024, 08:58:28 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's going to be a price in Jerry's Thread Tonight !!!
    April 27, 2024, 08:49:13 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal