Author Topic: The Cream of the Crop  (Read 4408 times)

bond

• Elite
Re: The Cream of the Crop
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2023, 06:15:45 PM »
I have never in my life seen a barn where every horse he puts on the track is rigged as simply or balanced as perfectly as ake's. They go all day long, are so beautiful and muscled and just float effortlessly. Their individual leg action is flawless. He now dwarfs all over the great European and a few domestic trainers and I have seen them all. Wins a lot of races in the bike too for a guy "that can't drive" That's how great his stock is.
Totally agree--remember Takter first saw Akes operation in Sweden and went back to USA and designed his operation to be similar to Ake--Ake is the best trainer ATM and has been at the top both here and in Sweden for Decades--- with Ron Burke a close second IMHO.
Biggest disappointment this year has been Alagna--with the amount of money hes spent--his owners have to be losing millions.. I hope he has better luck next year-for his sake.

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2023, 06:23:57 PM »
Totally agree--remember Takter first saw Akes operation in Sweden and went back to USA and designed his operation to be similar to Ake--Ake is the best trainer ATM and has been at the top both here and in Sweden for Decades--- with Ron Burke a close second IMHO.
Biggest disappointment this year has been Alagna--with the amount of money hes spent--his owners have to be losing millions.. I hope he has better luck next year-for his sake.
Like I have posted before, I'll take Burke's bank account over Svanstedt's. People forget, Burke owns a piece of almost every horse he trains and EVERY year except for the pandemic, his barn has earned over 20 million. NOBODY else comes close.

lost cause

• NW-1
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2023, 09:01:23 PM »
ok burke earns the most but also has the most horses. i dont think that 20mil+ is all profit. his bills must be very high. id bet his pure profit isnt much better then some of the others

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2023, 09:22:08 PM »
net/net he might be good for 1.5 million and that's nothing to sneeze at but represents maybe 8% which is far lower than in most businesses. If anyone knows more, please add to the convo concerning Burke's profits

seriously

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2023, 09:42:24 PM »
So the cream of the crop is not stupid Amish and hicks? 

Who'da guessed that?

Kole Hanover

• Open / FFA
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2023, 09:57:45 PM »
So the cream of the crop is not stupid Amish and hicks? 

Who'da guessed that?

Coach S would've won last night?

Kole Hanover

• Open / FFA
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2023, 09:58:48 PM »

but Andy did win one, fluke

Weak field for Mare B.C, alot of tired ones in there

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2023, 11:37:10 PM »
net/net he might be good for 1.5 million and that's nothing to sneeze at but represents maybe 8% which is far lower than in most businesses. If anyone knows more, please add to the convo concerning Burke's profits
Your math is so flawed, it's funny. How the fuck can Burke only be at 8% when he automatically gets 5% as trainer. Are you telling me he is only accumulating an additional 3% when he owns a piece of just about every horse he races. Try again.

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2023, 12:33:37 AM »
Do you understand what net/net means, mike? In business that is final bottom line profit after everything and taxes. Most businesses run around 12% net/net.

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2023, 12:39:14 AM »
If Burke is netting out more than 2M a year for himself, he is doing very well, but with all the ways to leak cash and what must be astronomical expenses, I would be shocked if it was any more than that. Try using your own bottom line as an example formuli.

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2023, 12:42:26 AM »
Remember also, he is self employed so he is paying double SS and SUI and Fica - 15% instead of 7.5%.

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2023, 01:26:41 AM »
Do you understand what net/net means, mike? In business that is final bottom line profit after everything and taxes. Most businesses run around 12% net/net.
I think you need to take a few accounting classes, as you are foolishly wrong about net net. Maybe you were drinking?

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2023, 08:02:08 AM »
I have been sleeping with an accountant for almost 30 years. You are such an insulting prick, there is no point talking to you further. Net/net profit is a legitimate term. maybe someone else who understands the concept I am talking about will chime in and try to explain it to you. I am finished.

Stan durbread

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2023, 08:07:12 AM »
He is the simple math. Burke 300 horses for 25M. Ake 75 horses for 9M. Burkes expenses are 4x Ake’s. Ake day rate is almost double what Burke charges

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2023, 08:11:12 AM »
If you are trying to tell us that it is your guess, ake nets out more money, I strongly agree with you and would rather be him.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Frank the Zipper: Noxema gives me a soothing rush
    May 12, 2024, 01:08:57 PM
  • SwankToliverA: Wouldn't know, never had a need for it
    May 12, 2024, 12:12:11 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Yes it still offers that same cool sensation.
    May 12, 2024, 09:49:40 AM
  • SwankToliverA: Rooster- ppl still use Noxzema?
    May 11, 2024, 03:34:17 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Nothing a cold hand an Noxema can't cure.
    May 09, 2024, 09:11:36 PM
  • Indian24: Damn those sound just like sun blisters my bad good thing
    May 07, 2024, 03:59:33 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: They keep popping and my backs getting wet.
    May 07, 2024, 09:38:10 AM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Oh the agony of these little pustules
    May 07, 2024, 09:09:09 AM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal