Author Topic: Samstar MSOA  (Read 43089 times)

Gym Jeffersun

• Stakes Horse
Re: Samstar MSOA
« Reply #75 on: May 04, 2020, 01:44:31 PM »
On December 2nd, I decided it as time to give Beach a 30 day rest.  Prior to turning him out I took him to a very good vet for a lameness exam.  Beach has had big wind puffs on his left front ankle since he was a three year old.  The Vet told me that he had something that would suck those wind puffs down and that they would never return.  I asked if there was any exposure to a positive test and he said that he had done it over 200 times and there had never been a problem.  I said go for it.  The wind puffs disappeared and the horse enjoyed a vacation.

Two and a half months later, 2/24/2020, the horse won and was tested.  He tested positive for the substance injected on 12/5/2019. I was shocked and disappointed. We contacted Dr. Robinson at Penn school of Veterinary Pharmacology and she informed us that she was not surprised it is sticking around a long time.  The drug is lipophilic, meaning that it attaches itself to fatty tissues and stays there.

The reason there haven't been positives on previous horses is that female hormones have not been called until the middle of last year.  Most of us use Regumate on our mares and in the middle of last year, several people were fined for progesterone (from Regumate) at the Meadows.  They are calling it when it is discovered in Geldings or Horses because it is known to have a calming effect.   Ohio did not start calling Progesterone until the first of this year.

Medroxyprogestero ne Acetate is not the same progesterone found in Regumate. It is a hormone that humans use for birth control. It used to be used widely in the horse business and was labeled depo-----?  It will definitely stick around for a long time.  I have been told that there is another positive for it in Ohio but have not verified it.

I was intent on sending the sample out for a retest until Dr.Robinson VMD explained the stickiness of the drug.  The real shame of it is that the wind puffs did not bother the horse.  They just looked ugly.  I you have a mare with wind puffs, this stuff will suck them down. If you have a gelding or stallion. stay away from anything that say progesterone.

Decided to break your post down..........1. Treatment was on Dec 2, 2019............2 . 200 times this treatment was used, no issues........... ............ 3. 2 1/2 months later the horse raced and won.............. ...4. drug in question Medroxyprogestero ne Acetate ...........

Now lets get some responses here.........

1 and 2. - If you would know, wind puffs are usually treated with ice/cold water and wrapped.......... ..that is the common approach......... .. or one can inject with steroids or hyaluronic acid..........the y are caused from stress or water in the sheath area............. .can be quite painful and show signs off lameness......... .but what do I know............. ....but you went the Medroxyprogestero ne Acetate route without checking because your unnamed vet said it was ok, at least 200 times, no issues, except for you now............is n't this what trainer responsibility is........also checked with a few vets at the Meadows.......... .......they have no record of treating anything for you in Dec 2019............. 3. You make no mention of how many starts this horse had from the treatment date (your so called Dec 2 date)...............bu t the horse just happened to win at Nfld on Feb 24............... ..... 4. Now we get to the real issues here............. Using a known product Medroxyprogestero ne Acetate used to treat mares............ ..but you chose to use it on a gelding.......... ........its sole purpose according to the label is to treat a female which helps regulate ovulation and menstrual cycles........... ..........You always say its hay and oats............. .good help you say.............. ........just buy good horses........... ......what you have stated doesn't pass the smell test here....... sorry Sammy............ it stinks........... ........and then you run to some vet at New Bolton and say.............. ..save me Dr Robinson (you mention her name, why, when you not mention the treating vet).............save me............... 73cv.2 73cv.2 73cv.2
Just love doing the broadcast. Shuley, Chumlee, Paddock have gotten used to the holier than thou attitude. We only work on the show, because we get paid. Dealing with Ringo is a different story.

Ron Harvey

• Top Claimer
« Reply #76 on: May 04, 2020, 05:13:16 PM »
Exactly gym Jefferson.  Your post are so accurate and spot on.  Thank you for removing roger from the announcers booth. We all know everyone reads the plop.  You don’t think anyone believed Mr Bercurys explanation of his positive now do you?  Best thing he could have done was requested a split sample.  Dug up bills man mike Marshall that works at the bulk mail facility up in Warrendale and had him intercept the split sample and boom! It all would have got thrown out and bill gets to keep his money?  Strange when there was talk of the purse money being split up, on the days that were canceled bill sent out word that it was illegal to split up the purse money.  Scared old Lori Romanetti into not voting for it. Thus it was axed. And there was no money distributed as planned.  Bill might not be on the board but he’s got a heavy hand and a strong outside interest in the voting. Don’t kid yourself folks.  He doesn’t want his invitational money to go to anyone but him.  He would have a three horse entry  in every open trot. Open pave and preferred Filly and mare race  if they would let him.  This is called Greed. and his own agenda. that you gym Jefferson for speaking the truth. I truly love your call it as you see it post.  You are a inspiration.

samstar

• Open / FFA
« Reply #77 on: May 04, 2020, 05:24:10 PM »
Gym. I am not going to get into a pissing match with you.  Everything you said is inaccurate or made up.  You never responded about your significant other being involved with Roger. Would you clear that up for us?

shotgunner

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #78 on: May 04, 2020, 07:25:08 PM »
Feel like you guys give Bills political clout too much credit.
Purse split was a stupid idea anyways. Least now when we get the okay to race we will be able to actually race for a few bucks.

Gym Jeffersun

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #79 on: May 04, 2020, 08:53:03 PM »
As far as Roger goes............. ....Roger got rid of Roger, nobody else............. ......maybe you need to take a refresher course on daily care & maintenance for a standardbred..... .........I don't think your 4H club provided you the right skills........... .......heard many times in the paddock.......... ........you couldn't train Rin Tin Tin to bark............. ........now you bring poor Mary Ann into the equation......... ......she learned the hard way with Roger............ .he would fuck anything his little prick would go in............... .he always thought of himself as a casanova......... ...most know him as a headcase.......ma ybe the side effects of falling out of the bike are starting to take its toll........as Ron told you............ma ny from the Meadows read here on the Plop............. you make BI and BB proud............ ....and of course RB.........
Just love doing the broadcast. Shuley, Chumlee, Paddock have gotten used to the holier than thou attitude. We only work on the show, because we get paid. Dealing with Ringo is a different story.

samstar

• Open / FFA
« Reply #80 on: May 04, 2020, 08:58:47 PM »
till waiting on info on your hate for Roger.  I know it is personal and have been told it is sexual.  Please let us know, 

Dingus

« Reply #81 on: May 04, 2020, 09:22:07 PM »
Maybe you guys should stick to PMs instead of airing your dirty laundry out in the open.
Could come back to haunt you later?

samstar

• Open / FFA
« Reply #82 on: May 05, 2020, 07:00:25 AM »
Maybe you guys should stick to PMs instead of airing your dirty laundry out in the open.
Could come back to haunt you later?
Good point.  Gym has been terrorizing me for a long time and I get sick of it.  What he says isn't even half truths just fiction.  Someone said that I stepped on one of his bets a while ago and he has never forgiven me.  I have no Idea.  Tried to give a constructive explanation of a positive test with no cop out and he ridicules me. Probably should have said someone pissed in my stall or contamination but hate to see someone else get hit because the didn't know.

Gym Jeffersun

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #83 on: May 05, 2020, 10:13:54 AM »
You might get a talking to............... .......the next time you see BZ or RG..............a s you said............t hey love trotters........t oo bad you left the MSOA............. ....but then again............ ..the MSOA is glad your sorry ass is gone............. isn't it time for your depo-provera injection........ ...by your unnamed vet............I think there was a TV show with a character named Robinson......... ..it was called........... Lost In Space...........

Dingus

« Reply #84 on: May 05, 2020, 11:44:40 AM »
gym jefferson  post names u loser/..bill doesnt hid..gym  ur a cry baby

I'm guessing that BZ is Brian Zendt and RG is Rich Gillock?

racing123

• Top Claimer
« Reply #85 on: May 05, 2020, 01:24:48 PM »
if gym jeffersun…..lost his girl to...……..roger...... ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3...….then I kinda feel...…...really sorry for...….him...…. 11.wp 11.wp ngc3 ngc3

jupiter

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #86 on: May 05, 2020, 02:14:02 PM »
Dingus you are an idiot, BILL ZENDT not Brian. Brian wouldn´t say shit if he had a mouthful, he´s a great guy. Daddon´t give a shit, he thinks Berkery is an idiot.

Dingus

« Reply #87 on: May 05, 2020, 03:05:02 PM »
Dingus you are an idiot, BILL ZENDT not Brian. Brian wouldn´t say shit if he had a mouthful, he´s a great guy. Daddon´t give a shit, he thinks Berkery is an idiot.

No need to get all uppity after I defended you vs Lucpark.
In any case, I had a question mark on my guess, so shoot me.

jupiter

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #88 on: May 05, 2020, 03:30:24 PM »
Just know your players, Bill and Brian are diametrically opposite temperament. Bill doesn´t give a shit, doesn´t need  anymore money.

Dingus

« Reply #89 on: May 05, 2020, 03:50:58 PM »
Just know your players, Bill and Brian are diametrically opposite temperament. Bill doesn´t give a shit, doesn´t need  anymore money.

I just know Brian drove 1 of my trotters to win a Late Closer last year.
Don't know Bill.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ, puttin Palestinians in their place.
    April 30, 2024, 09:25:33 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: The Original WIZ was the best.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:44 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Jerry is the new WIZ at the Ohio tracks.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:23 PM
  • Unclejerry: See you live opening night at Scioto Downs May 8, Live Bets and real gambling
    April 27, 2024, 10:03:40 PM
  • Unclejerry: Egg on my face $22.20
    April 27, 2024, 09:35:17 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's your boob in race 6 waiting on price
    April 27, 2024, 09:32:14 PM
  • Unclejerry: Race 5 bet has been posted
    April 27, 2024, 08:58:28 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's going to be a price in Jerry's Thread Tonight !!!
    April 27, 2024, 08:49:13 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal