Author Topic: sometimes the name Patrick Shepherd comes up  (Read 2007 times)

Jctoronto

• Stakes Horse
sometimes the name Patrick Shepherd comes up
« on: May 16, 2023, 12:51:19 PM »
MAY 11 STANDARDBRED CANADA STORY

After years as one of the top names in Ontario harness racing, Stratford, P.E.I. native Patrick Shepherd admits there is no place like home.

The 30-year-old is heading East this weekend with plans of reigniting his catch-driving career while making his name available to trainers at both Red Shores tracks while working during the day at Windemere Farms in Springvale, P.E.I.

“After a while the grind of Ontario, it just gets to you,” said Shepherd on Thursday. “I’m really excited to be coming home for a while, spend time with my family and especially my grandmother. My kids are staying in Ontario with their mom and I’m going to miss them and my girlfriend like crazy, but I’ve battled some serious personal issues and this is what I need to do.”

A former top percentage trainer in Canada, Shepherd had been crowned top trainer at Flamboro Downs in Dundas, Ont. multiple times and was a perennial name on the top 10 stats list across the nation for conditioners between 2013 and 2020. He also had a brief stint earlier in his career as a full-time catch-driver, winning 28 races in 2011 in the bike with his mounts earning $162,583.

“I’ve had some people at me for a while to come home, clear my head and get my focus back. That’s what I’m going to do. Drive some horses, win some races and play some golf. It’s going to be awesome.”

Shepherd’s biggest career moment came in the 2021 Gold Cup and Saucer final in Charlottetown when Smooth Lou paced to a 1:51.1 victory in line to older brother Robert Shepherd, a winner of 3,976 races and $28 million in purses in his own right.

“I was riding high,” Shepherd said of his days amongst the nation’s best. “But I made mistakes, and then on the way down, there aren’t any soft rungs to hit, I’ll tell you that. And the things I’ve done that I’m not proud of and the people I hurt, it’s just not worth it. I’ve learned from it and I’m proud to say I’m a better person for it.”

The horseman admits heading East to his home province will not be the step down in competition that some think.

“Some of the best trainer and drivers in the sport came from back home,” said Shepherd. “The purses aren’t as large as Ontario, but there are two beautiful tracks and the racing is as tough as anywhere. There are a lot of good drivers [at] home, but I know I can drive smart and bury myself in my work. This is about to be a great summer.”

(Red Shores)

London

• Stakes Horse
Re: sometimes the name Patrick Shepherd comes up
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2023, 01:47:43 PM »
Owes everyone..

talkstohisself

• Top Claimer
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2023, 01:50:26 PM »
Found Jesus. He is even going to give back the money he stole cheating

Jazzman

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2023, 02:10:09 PM »
broke owes everybody skipping town much like dewey when he took off for austriala just more lowlife trainers .patric had to leave no one would give him credit.  only standardbred canada would write a story about these guys

London

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2023, 02:15:29 PM »
broke owes everybody skipping town much like dewey when he took off for austriala just more lowlife trainers .patric had to leave no one would give him credit.  only standardbred canada would write a story about these guys
only dead beat and cheat trainers get publicity.

Brown jug

• Elite
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2023, 03:26:01 PM »
standardbred canada is the least informed people regarding  the standardbred business in canada!!!

Kirby's Ace

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2023, 04:26:39 PM »
WHAT'S going on here?

A topic that President Flounder has not replied too..I mean what's going on?

73cv.2

In the words of SCM,,I GOTTA EAT!

Senator Blutarsky

• Elite
  • Part Human, Part Machine, Better Part Canine
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2023, 05:39:27 PM »
WHAT'S going on here?

A topic that President Flounder has not replied too..I mean what's going on?

73cv.2

Since you had nothing relevant to add to the topic, and as you've done in your last 3 out of 4 posts, and you requested me by my new nick name "President Flounder"  LOL  ngc3 I'll say this, young Mr. Shepherd should follow his dreams, nothing but success, he's been involved in races I've engaged, he's fairly irrelevant, nothing but success to the kid.....in the interim despite he has made as much money as a grocery cart retriever with down syndrome, there is not much more to say except he has purpose in life and here even if small!

You, purposeless with out me, for some reason have me renting a PENTHOUSE in your DOME.  You love me, less likely than you love to hate me, more likely, but I'm constantly in your thoughts, you're not in mine very much.

Here's how you can read your last posts, your obsession with spam, me, it's just....nuts!  Therapy lil' dude!   ;D

https://www.horseplop.com/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=36003
It's Official!

Kirby's Ace

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2023, 05:56:39 PM »
Ahhhhhhh, There's my bro!

ngc3

Senator Blutarsky

• Elite
  • Part Human, Part Machine, Better Part Canine
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2023, 06:06:11 PM »
Ahhhhhhh, There's my bro!

ngc3

Exactly, like YOU'RE an impaired obsessed person, like Haku too in the scm threads, you blew your dog whistle and I came like a Guide Dog to rescue you, fucking again, just like that!  Just like always!

For the time being, just a suggestion forget about me dude, we're not gay, we're not particularly fond of each other at this time, the rest of your pals avoid me like the plague or show mutual respect, they definitely don't want to have your back, and I'm fine with having my own back so we're the same there.

Whatever, maybe we're USA and Britain 1775 today, who knows what the future holds if we make money and have fun....that's sounds much nicer than continually bending you over!    ;D 
It's Official!

Kirby's Ace

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2023, 06:21:11 PM »
I just don't understand why you're not the president of the USTA.  You have all the answers, and your table manners are outstanding!

:-*

Brkn Headpole

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2023, 06:39:48 PM »
Banca havin a hard time Fedex ing him the juice from prison!!

mwins

• Open / FFA
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2023, 07:41:35 AM »
Drugs are bad. Shep been battling them for quite sometime.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Calhoun: Bos-Tor .. G7 .. O6 .. IYKYK
    May 04, 2024, 08:00:06 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ, puttin Palestinians in their place.
    April 30, 2024, 09:25:33 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: The Original WIZ was the best.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:44 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Jerry is the new WIZ at the Ohio tracks.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:23 PM
  • Unclejerry: See you live opening night at Scioto Downs May 8, Live Bets and real gambling
    April 27, 2024, 10:03:40 PM
  • Unclejerry: Egg on my face $22.20
    April 27, 2024, 09:35:17 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's your boob in race 6 waiting on price
    April 27, 2024, 09:32:14 PM
  • Unclejerry: Race 5 bet has been posted
    April 27, 2024, 08:58:28 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal